Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

VR Airgroups in late 42

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> VR Airgroups in late 42 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VR Airgroups in late 42 - 3/4/2006 6:33:49 PM   
migoodman

Anyone know what these are? I received two of them on CVE Nassau - one is VR1F for 50 Wildcats, the other is VR1B for 50 Dauntlesses. I welcome the units, but their experience level is at 35!
As near as I can tell, these are units trained on Lake Erie or carrier pilots recruited from the Quartermaster Corps.

What is the fastest way to train them so they won't splash 100 of those precious planes?
Post #: 1
RE: VR Airgroups in late 42 - 3/4/2006 6:39:17 PM   
rogueusmc

The VR groups are replenishment groups...put them in a replenishment TF and they will get replacements to your CVs.

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to migoodman)
Post #: 2
RE: VR Airgroups in late 42 - 3/4/2006 11:03:45 PM   
ny59giants

I try to place a fighter, DB, and TB VR in both Pearl and Noumea once you get enough. Assign them to CVE's (some come empty vs. with squadrons assigned them). Since many Japanese use China to train their squadrons, I leave a by passed Japanese base as training for them to get their experience up (airfield/port attack).

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 3
RE: VR Airgroups in late 42 - 3/6/2006 7:32:49 PM   
saj42

It is generally accepted as bad move to put VR units ashore. They are groups and not squadrons and can accept replacemeents and grow to a large size.

As rogue says they are a floating reserve for your CVs and will send replacements to your CVs when at sea.
The pilots are only supposed to ferry the a/c but no one has yet comfirmed if they also transfer into your CV squadrons (I don't want 35 exp pilots on my CVs). Set the VR units to 90% training and you will soon get them up to 50 exp.

Banner by rogueusmc

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> VR Airgroups in late 42 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI