Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A couple of things

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> A couple of things Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A couple of things - 3/4/2006 5:42:55 PM   
MjH

I haven't seen any of these reported so far, so heres a list of some things (in descreasing order of severity):

1) To start learning the game, I jumped into quick-play game, hoping to play with Canadian teams. The game only gave me the options of American teams (I discovered later that you had to go to the league screen to get the Canadian teams to show up), so I continued with two American teams, thinking I would just change the game to Canadian rules. On the rules screen, I selected Canadian rules, but found I could only specify 8 or 11 players. I assumed (correctly, it turns out) that because the teams (i.e. the playbooks) were American, 12 players wasn't an option. When the teams lined up for the kickoff, I realized that I had left the setting on 8 players. So, I had 8 players on a Canadian field, using an 11 player playbook. The computer team drove down the field, and then stalled, so they lined up for a field goal. The screen then when black, and the following was displayed:

subscript out of range in procedure modGame.GoPlay
Press F9 to attempt continue

F9 wouldn't do anything, and everything was hung, so I ended up having to reset the computer. This hasn't happened again.

2) In my second attempt at a quick-play, I had the same setup (American teams, Canadian rules), but used 11 players. In the fourth quarter of that game, the screen froze, and again I had to restart the computer to try again. This may have been a graphics card issue, as I turned down the resolution a bit, and it has not happened again.

3) Also in my second attempt at a quick-play, I also changed the quarter length to 5 minutes. When the second quarter ended, there was no kick off to start the third quarter, the game just continued as if the first or the third quarter had ended.

4) In the quarter-end summary screens, there is never any distance displayed for the punting statistics. It displays the number of punts, but the yardage after the '/' is always 00.

5) In the default Canadian rules setup, it has the line of scrimmage for a 2 points PAT as the 5 yard line, and the line of scrimmage for a 1 point PAT as the 15 yard line. Isn't the 5 yard line used, irregardless of the type of PAT in Canadian rules? Or is that just a CFL thing?
Post #: 1
RE: A couple of things - 3/4/2006 10:28:26 PM   
MjH

After a few more games - a couple of more things, none of them really bad:

1) There are are a few passing plays in the Canadian play book, Drop Hit 52 is one of them, where the post play script always lists the quarterback as both the passer and the receiver.

2) The 'decline a penalty' option doesn't seem to have any text, or if there is text, it is the same color as the background, and can't be seen. At first, I thought I was only being given the option to take the penalty, but then I tried clicking below that option (the blank space is always below the other option), and the game continued as if I had declined the penalty.

3) I ran into the bug where, on a kick, no one picks up the ball and just stands around. As described elsewhere, I saved the game and reloaded it, and it allowed be to replay the down and continue. When the game ended (this was a league game, using the default Canadian league), it displayed the 'Saving Statistics' message, and instead of returning to the game menu, it immediately loaded the save game and continued with the game. I hit the escape key and quit the game, and everything else seems okay.

4) A couple of statistics issues. a) In the quarter-end statistics, I was seeing "1/4" for field goals in the team statistics, but in the individual statistics, the field goal kicker was listed as being "1 for 1". b) After playing one game and simming the rest of the games for week 1 in the league, my punter has a statistic of 16 punts for -570 yards. I think the 16 is correct, but the other is definitely not.

(in reply to MjH)
Post #: 2
RE: A couple of things - 3/4/2006 11:35:31 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: MjH
1) There are are a few passing plays in the Canadian play book, Drop Hit 52 is one of them, where the post play script always lists the quarterback as both the passer and the receiver.

Is this on all passes or just incomplete ones where the QB tosses it right before being hit?

quote:

2) The 'decline a penalty' option doesn't seem to have any text, or if there is text, it is the same color as the background, and can't be seen. At first, I thought I was only being given the option to take the penalty, but then I tried clicking below that option (the blank space is always below the other option), and the game continued as if I had declined the penalty.

I'm not seeing that at all. Can you confirm which mode of play / rules combo this is and also your operating system and graphics card specs as well as the video settings you are using to play?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to MjH)
Post #: 3
RE: A couple of things - 3/5/2006 4:36:45 AM   
MjH

quote:

Is this on all passes or just incomplete ones where the QB tosses it right before being hit?

All passes. It's not specific to the tackle/incomplete thing.

quote:

I'm not seeing that at all. Can you confirm which mode of play / rules combo this is and also your operating system and graphics card specs as well as the video settings you are using to play?

This is coaching mode, with the default Canadian League and rules. I've just finished another game and it happened several times -- next time I play, I'll get a couple of screenshots. I should note that this doesn't happen on all penalties, just some of them. Most of the penalties do show both the accept and decline options. I have attached a file with the dxdiag output, so that should give you the hardware/software specifics. I have seen it the game in 1024x768x32, with Shadows set to both Normal and Advanced.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: A couple of things - 3/5/2006 4:45:02 AM   
CUEE92

quote:

I had this happen to me also.

Post #: 5
RE: A couple of things - 3/5/2006 7:59:05 AM   
Magnum357

I did run into this problem aswell, but it has only occured once so far in my playing. I didn't report it because it still allowed you too pick the "ghost" option and get back to play.

(in reply to CUEE92)
Post #: 6
RE: A couple of things - 3/5/2006 8:05:31 AM   
Breeze

I've seen this as well, here is a screen shot:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 7
RE: A couple of things - 3/5/2006 10:00:12 AM   
Frank Brickowski

Created a new league from scratch. I cannot get past training camp. i get the same crash everytime. "invalid Procedure call or argument in procedure modgame.screenseasonruntrainingcamp"

(in reply to MjH)
Post #: 8
RE: A couple of things - 3/5/2006 11:07:14 AM   
David Winter

Hi Frank.

I just created four new leagues back to back with no failures.

Can you please provide a step by step of what you are doing and what rules you are selecting.

Thanks
David

(in reply to Frank Brickowski)
Post #: 9
RE: A couple of things - 3/5/2006 5:05:22 PM   
MjH

quote:

I've attached a screenshot that shows the post play commentary with the quarterback name as the passer and receiver. It is from an intercepted pass (the first I've seen in a non-simulated game!). In this game, it was occurring for both the human and computer controlled teams, and with the same play.

quote:

I see somebody else has provided a screen shot, so I won't add any others. I was watching for these in the last game, and I found that it only happens on 'Illegal Contact' penalties, and it always happens with 'Illegal Contact' penalties. All the other penalties displayed text for the decline option.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 10
RE: A couple of things - 3/5/2006 5:19:54 PM   
MjH

I also ran into a couple of interesting things in the last game. The computer-controlled team got a touchdown in the second last minute. For the PAT, I got the usual display, where you are allowed to only pick the field goal defense alignment. When the play started, the ball was on the goal line, and the computer team was lining up for an offensive play. At first I thought that this was a bug, but when the play ran, I found that the computer team had selected a two-point conversion. There were a couple of problems with this play. I am using the standard Canadian rules, so the line of scrimmage should have been the five yard line, and as the defensive coach, I should have been allowed to pick from all of my alignment possibilities.

Even more interesting, on the ensuing kickoff, the computer team performed, and recovered an onside kick!!!!! This really surprised me, as everything I have seen in the forums have said that it's not possible.

(in reply to MjH)
Post #: 11
RE: A couple of things - 3/5/2006 5:56:02 PM   
Sonny

quote:

ORIGINAL: MjH

Even more interesting, on the ensuing kickoff, the computer team performed, and recovered an onside kick!!!!! This really surprised me, as everything I have seen in the forums have said that it's not possible.

Hey! That means there is hope foor an onside kick play!

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to MjH)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> A couple of things Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI