Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I made the right decision this time.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> I made the right decision this time. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I made the right decision this time. - 3/4/2006 6:40:20 PM   
elmerlee

From EW & JW:
"Any major items (crashes & lock ups for example) that crop up are definately things we didn't know about and will be addressed ASAP and a new build made available. I do ask however that people keep in mind this is not my day job and if something like that isn't fixed that very moment, I hope you will understand."

What is ASAP mean in this case?

What is understood is that this is a mess and has more problems
than any sports game since FB99.

Would the price have been higher if it was not made by "part-time" effort.By the way,most are sick of hearing this.

If there is no patch fixing crashes and GAME PLAY ISSUES this game will die quickly and $40 part time money should be refunded.
Post #: 1
RE: I made the right decision this time. - 3/4/2006 11:44:31 PM   
Magnum357

What are you b@tching about? This game was just released yesterday. Give it a little time buddy!

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 2
RE: I made the right decision this time. - 3/5/2006 12:12:08 AM   
Deft

This is the most over-blown speculative message I have seen in a long time. You don't even own the game from the title of thread. Rather than make speculations about a product you don't even own, let the people that have bought it make comments first.

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 3
RE: I made the right decision this time. - 3/5/2006 12:47:06 AM   
Shaggyra

Ok. I bought the game. I'm comparing this to FBPRO 99.

I do believe all these problems will be fixed, but there are a lot of problems and it will probably take awhile.

For me this is not a serious football sim yet but it has potential.

I'm sorry, but I really believe the game should not have been released in this condition.

(in reply to Deft)
Post #: 4
RE: I made the right decision this time. - 3/5/2006 1:01:27 AM   
Sonny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shaggyra

I'm sorry, but I really believe the game should not have been released in this condition.

Actually i think it should have been released in this condition a few weeks ago. That way we would have found all these bugs that were not found in testing and they could have been straightened out by now.

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 5
RE: I made the right decision this time. - 3/5/2006 2:44:34 AM   
elmerlee

No I don't as yet"buddy".

I've read all the posts about the game and would have gone ahead and bought anyway except for about 4 items.Not really necessary to mention which ones.So I won't own or reccomend the game till at least those are fixed.

As for Erik - he deserves a real pat on the back for the effort he has put in today.He is going way beyond the call of duty to go into the forum and answer these posts.

If it had not taken so VERY long to get the game to this stage I would feel confident Matrix would fix the game.However,as I've said before,by this time the program is probally "spaghetti code" and practically unfixable.David Winter somehow seems to have pulled the wool over the eyes of a well respected company.I really hope I'm wrong.

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 6
RE: I made the right decision this time. - 3/5/2006 3:18:50 AM   
armyofone

quote:

Weren't you one of the posters complaining about why it was delayed for released?

Not for nothing, but you can't please everybody all the time. This board was overun with people complaining about the release being delayed. Now you have the mobs complaining that they should have never released the game.

Its pretty apparent that David and the rest of the company is doing the right thing and will fix the issues. Give them time to fix it before you start complaining all over again.

I purchased the game about 3 hours and finished playing my 1st game about 10 minutes ago, I game in which I won 20-0. The only thing that glares out at me is the playbooks. The biggest problem is the fullback running into the QB on passing plays. Because of that, I did not chose pass plays out of the I formation. Result, I was 9 of 12 passing for roughly 150 yards and a pair of touchdowns. I also rushed for about 120 yards, both from the I and Pro Set, I think I ran out of the goal line formation also.

I think to make the game better, the playbooks are in need of work. I'm sure David will fix the RB-QB problem in time.

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 7
RE: I made the right decision this time. - 3/5/2006 8:07:34 AM   
Shaggyra

Go read the problems in the problems in the support section. there are a ton of them.

I never asked for the game to be released like this.

I as have stated before (many times before and after the release) I am enjoying the game, making uniforms and leagues ect. Dave has done a fantastic job for one guy. Matrix is and has been doing a good job with support. It's just that there are too many things wrong to call this game finished and playable. I'm sorry if we disagree on the condition of the game. To me it is not quite what was promised.

(in reply to armyofone)
Post #: 8
RE: I made the right decision this time. - 3/5/2006 9:08:05 AM   
Brockleigh

elmerlee,

You aren't in the position to recommend anything. You haven't bought the game. You've only heard second and third hand views of the product. Everything you have stated has been in the ultra-critical, non-constructive view point, and I really don't see why you bother coming back in this forum at all, as this game is so obviously not your cup of tea.

The game is designed to be completely customizable. REMEMBER that. With so many parameters that can be changed within the game and a Play Development System that is so completely open to customization, the code had to be written with certain 'holes' in it, otherwise, had it been so tightly and formulaicly put together like Madden, it would be so easy to exploit the AI and make Money Play after Money Play. Madden is almost scripted in it's play. MaxFB needs to be able to 'think' and react to whatever customizations the Player throws at it, and as such, there is no surprise that there are bugs now that the public finally has a chance to get their hands on it.

The people who aren't close minded realize that this is something of an Open-Beta phase. The game is not complete at this point, and the people who have bought the game so far and offer feedback are helping to complete the game in ways the Beta Testers could not. Beta Testers mainly check to see that button combos don't lock the game, or checking to see that all the basic functions of the game work like they should. Chances are most of the Beta Testers don't have Football as their number one sport. They haven't been waiting for years for this game like the fanatics in these forums, who have been looking forward to what the game offers, who have already put uniforms together (that could conflict with the current code), who don't have optimal PC set-ups, who know the game of football intimately and are more apt to pick up on problems within the game than someone who's more of a fan of War Games (which the Beta testers probably are).

The truth of the matter is that Matrix went into this matter with their eyes open, that they knew the potential drawbacks of going with a single-programmer developer. Winter Valley needed help getting this published and distributed. Matrix was well aware of the situation when they agreed to the situation, and brought a team of 60 Beta Testers to assist. They didn't have the 'wool pulled over their eyes' as you have facetiously stated. They went into a project determined to help out a little guy and see the matter through. Dave is to be commended for seeking out and finding the help he needed to get the project to this phase, and Matrix is to also be commended for supporting a little guy and taking a chance.

AS you haven't bought the game, or played it as far as I can see, nor offered any assistance in helping code MaxFB (which would have really helped the game along), then your criticism and constant bleating rings very hollow, and I find to be, from this point forward, irrelevant. You have no right to comment on how the game was put together, seeing as you posts prove you couldn't tell spaghetti code from spaghetti sauce.

Congratulations, elmerlee, you've just relegated yourself right out of the equation.

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 9
RE: I made the right decision this time. - 3/5/2006 9:28:43 AM   
Shaggyra

quote:

The people who aren't close minded realize that this is something of an Open-Beta phase. The game is not complete at this point, and the people who have bought the game so far and offer feedback are helping to complete the game in ways the Beta Testers could not.

and get the honor of paying $40 to do it.

I'm sorry but both of you are way far over on your particular sides.

The game is not the worst thing ever nor is it ever going to be the best. It is a barely playable game with a lot of potential.

(in reply to Brockleigh)
Post #: 10
RE: I made the right decision this time. - 3/5/2006 4:37:25 PM   
elmerlee

Brockleigh - I'M so sorry.Who died and maid you king?

How about if you are going to slash people you have the guts to give your address or phone number.

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 11
RE: I made the right decision this time. - 3/5/2006 5:04:24 PM   
Bimf_the_Funky

Brock - although I agree completely with your underlying sentiment and your calls for calm, I have to 100% disagree with you describing this as an "Open Beta" - this is a full-priced commercial product, not just a hobby that somebody decided to share with the internet community out of the goodness of David Winter's heart. Before release, none of us were paying customers, and therefore had no right to complain about delays. However, at this point people have paid for their right to expect a quality product, and can't be insulted by being treated as "open-beta testers."

Of course, once you flip that coin over, I do recall a great number of posts where people were requesting that the game be released in SOME state of completion, so we could get our hands on it and start our teams and leagues. We were very adamant that we wanted to play the game, and they could patch it for us later. We're as guilty as anyone of wanting to have our cake and eat it too (one of the dumbest clichés in the book, yes, but you know what I mean...).

The responsibility of David Winter and Matrix now is to fix the problems in a timely manner, thus providing good community service. And if We The People are looking to enjoy this game even more than we are right now, it's in our own best interests to play through this and provide constructive feedback whenever possible.

Game on, lads... ;)

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 12
RE: I made the right decision this time. - 3/5/2006 5:17:35 PM   
anash

Elmerlee - so I did cave and bought it as soon as I got home from work on Friday. I haven't played a full game yet, because the one time I tried a bug kicked in (Punt return where player simply dances around the ball and everyone watches - this is well documented in forum & Matrix/Dave are going to fix it).

So instead I played with all the customizing features, read through the manual, and really explored the PDS system. Long story short, it is not playable now but as long as Matrix & Dave address everything, and the community stays involved to assist & provide add-ons, this game will be amazing. A lot of "ifs" I know, but this is a long time coming and I am still excited, and Matrix has never let the community down (and Dave Winter is Canadian, and we Canadians are good people who stay dedicated to things..like beer ;)

I think with Matrix it is a pay me now or pay me later scenario. Either pay us now and contibute to this products greatness, or pay me later when it is great.

For now I am going to experiment with the PDS more, develop some playbooks, and if I have time start doing some graphic customizations. No matter what, there is a ton of work to do before you start a season that fits your tastes (flexibility is great), so I will do that now while Matrix puts out some patches. When the patches come out I will do my play tweaks...etc

Adg

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 13
RE: I made the right decision this time. - 3/5/2006 5:26:07 PM   
MasterBlaster

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmerlee

Brockleigh - I'M so sorry.Who died and maid you king?

How about if you are going to slash people you have the guts to give your address or phone number.

Does David Winter have yours?

You come here and constantly bitch, complain and make assumptions about a game you don't even own and have played.

Sorry Sir, but get a life.

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 14
RE: I made the right decision this time. - 3/5/2006 5:35:59 PM   
Erik Rutins

Locking this thread up - criticism is fine, insults are not.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to MasterBlaster)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> I made the right decision this time. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI