Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions and observations...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Questions and observations... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions and observations... - 3/5/2006 1:32:31 AM   
GBS

I have only played one Quick game as Boston against Chicago.
Does every kickoff go to the 13 yard line in the exact middle of the field? Is this by design?
How do you sbstitute?
Two time I accidentally called a 4th down play when I should have punted. I wanted to call time out to re call the play but could not figure out how to do that. How do you call a time out?
How do you go back and change a play after it is called but before the snap?
Defensive linemen have numbers like 28 and 34.
Really, really odd names. Hope someone does a name mod.
Replays have a view that is far off and above, much like setting in the upper deck at a stadium. This is the best view to me and I hope it become an option to watch all plays from.
Penaties don't seem to give you the option to accept or not. For one penalty I had to take a 1st and 5 instead of 2nd and 1. I wasn't given an option.
Chicago returned a kickoff for a touchdown and the statistics included those return yard in their rushing yards total.
All my penalties were the same. All were illegal contact on the defense and all were for 5 yards.
I hope some of thes can be addressed.

Post #: 1
RE: Questions and observations... - 3/5/2006 8:39:23 AM   
gambler

Can't really answer your questions as I'm just a player of the game...

But I noticed the 'name' thing almost immediately. I think there are something like 88000 names in the database (last names) and each name is only repeated once (ie, all names have an equal possibility of being picked). I've been going in every so often and changing really odd last names to more normal ones to even things out a bit, but it'll take a long time of doing that before it starts showing up noticeably.

Noticed the linemen thing.. Might be because leagues other than the NFL have a less restrictive numbering policy and David just made it a general thing. Not a big deal for me, but it definitely is something I noticed.

YES!!! On the replay views.. PLEASE let us watch or play the games from a different camera angle or three.

Regarding the penalty you 'had' to take. There are some penalties that are 'before the snap' penalties. I take it it wasn't one of those if the whole play ran, or maybe it's a glitch where the game lets the play run out even though it was a presnap penalty. Haven't seen that myself. But I only watch games. Each penalty I've seen has given an option though.

Illegal Contact is always 5 yards. I've seen a couple other penalties (personal foul being the other one that comes to mind, and that was 15 yards)

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions and observations... - 3/5/2006 2:12:51 PM   
GBS

Did you not notice the kickoffs. Thaey are ALL straight down the middle of the field and ALL to exactly the 13 yard line. Just not real. I know it's just a game but it's not as realistic as I expected.

(in reply to gambler)
Post #: 3
RE: Questions and observations... - 3/5/2006 5:25:44 PM   
anash

The other thing I noticed is when requesting the computer to fill your depth charts, it does not pay attention to position, just looks at ratings. Not sure if this was by design, but I don't want to see my punt returner as quarterback, my RB on the OL, and others. Makes more sense to me to first look at postion, then attributes. I do see the benefits or looking at a couple commonly shared positions (RB as FB or WR), but I would rather do that myself should I have an extrodinary athlete.

Anyone else notice this with the depth chart?

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 4
Answers and Clarity - 3/5/2006 8:22:12 PM   
BCtheQB

Chances are most of the Beta Testers don't have Football as their number one sport. They haven't been waiting for years for this game like the fanatics in these forums, who have been looking forward to what the game offers, who have already put uniforms together (that could conflict with the current code), who don't have optimal PC set-ups, who know the game of football intimately and are more apt to pick up on problems within the game than someone who's more of a fan of War Games (which the Beta testers probably are).

On the contrary, there are several quite savvy and very experienced football minds, that were actively involved in
the project, that and Im currently coaching 2 teams now,but if I am like anyone else, I had to wait out the AI revisions and bug updates going on behind the scenes, that I would have loved to have told everyone about to silence the discontent, but couldnt , to solve problems which David did diligently throughout this process. Frequently over the last month I would download the game, run errands, eat or sleep and by the time I sat back down to the grindstone , there was a new revised version in place, that could potential drastically alter the work I had already done, so at the very least he finally gave in to all the villagers with pitchforks and gave everyone what "THEY SAID" they wanted.

Graphical issues, data issues and rules issues take priority over strategy, which no one wanted forced down their throats anyway, you want good stock competition, give it 5 days it will be here, but realistically...

if you cant see your gorgeous play, you lose
if your gorgeous play wont count in the stats , you lose
and if your gorgeous play results in an inexplicable 1st n 35 penalty bug, you lose

now that all of that is fixed, I suggest you spend your time on the drawing board
because some of us are going to come out swinging,

Hope you are prepared,

Skagit Valley Lightning, HC, OC, DC, QB,Seattle Stallions 8-3,QB,West Sound Saints, NAFL CHamps,
King County Jaguars 05 NAFL W.Conf Champz,#2inUS
Eastside Hawks 03 #2 in US , 04 #1,#1 in PIFL.

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 5
RE: Answers and Clarity - 3/5/2006 9:35:18 PM   
Bimf_the_Funky

BCtheQB - people like you are why I never play games online. Except when I want to get my arse booted. ;)

Here's hoping you'll be sharing your strategies on a regular basis for the benefit of the mental misfits like myself... ;)

(in reply to BCtheQB)
Post #: 6
RE: Questions and observations... - 3/5/2006 9:51:05 PM   
Erik Rutins

GBS,

A few answers:

quote:

ORIGINAL: GBS
How do you sbstitute?

When you are picking a play, you'll see a formation with player numbers. Click on a player icon to substitute. Tired players will have their numbers in yellow, orange, or red.

quote:

Two time I accidentally called a 4th down play when I should have punted. I wanted to call time out to re call the play but could not figure out how to do that. How do you call a time out?

You can call a time out by hitting the "3" key or the middle mouse button (scroll wheel) or button 3 on a game controller when the team is in the huddle. Unfortunately, once you make the standard/punt/field goal choice there's currently no way to back up. We'll look to make that possible in the future.

quote:

How do you go back and change a play after it is called but before the snap?

Once you've called it and missed any time out chance, it's going to happen, sorry.

quote:

Penaties don't seem to give you the option to accept or not. For one penalty I had to take a 1st and 5 instead of 2nd and 1. I wasn't given an option.

Are you sure it was yours to pick? If the penalty is against you, it shows the same dialog and shows the AI team's choice. You can't make the choice there, which may be what you saw. Look at the text of who the penalty is against and also the team logo to be clear on whether it's a penalty against your opponent (your choice) or against you (their choice, displayed purely for information).

quote:

Chicago returned a kickoff for a touchdown and the statistics included those return yard in their rushing yards total.
All my penalties were the same. All were illegal contact on the defense and all were for 5 yards.

I've certainly seen a variety of penalties, but with that said we're making major improvements to penalty handling in the first update to fix the problem where some penalties can bump teams back into their end zone. The stat issues are also being examined - this seems to generally be a reporting rather than tracking issue so hopefully these won't be too hard to resolve.

Unfortunately, the additional iterations we went through in the week before release likely caused some of these issues and we didn't catch them. However, the testers on our team are knowledgeable and worked hard. In the end we probably should have sat on the last build for another week or two, so everyone can blame us for this rather than the testing team since they did great with the time they had on the last week of builds. With that said, we believe we can resolve the most significant issues quickly and plan to address all reported issues with our ongoing support, as posted in the Support forum.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 7
RE: Questions and observations... - 3/6/2006 3:09:13 AM   
CFL_FAN_7

what about the 13 yard line on kickoffs????

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Questions and observations... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI