Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What does "Line Up on Man" do?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Play Development System (PDS) >> What does "Line Up on Man" do? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What does "Line Up on Man" do? - 3/6/2006 3:19:23 AM   
mark1726

Anyone figure out what "Line Up on Man" does for the defender? You can assign it to a LB or DB and then assign them to line up on WR, FB, HB, or QB. I have tried it and it doesn't do anything to my knowledge.

"Those who do not read and understand history are doomed to repeat it." - Harry Truman
Post #: 1
RE: What does "Line Up on Man" do? - 3/6/2006 4:32:42 AM   
Sonny

Pretty sure it aligns the defender with the specified offensive player. I have only used it to line up on closest and the defending DB moves lateraly from is original defense position to a position in front of the closest offensive player. He does not move up to the line - only stays at his current depth and moves to be directly in line with the closest offensive player.

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to mark1726)
Post #: 2
RE: What does "Line Up on Man" do? - 3/6/2006 10:02:57 AM   
Magnum357

I must admit, it would be nice if it allowed you too choose what man too lind up on (like WR, TE, FB, HB, etc.). But maybe that would be too complicated to add with all the variety of different football rules you can choose (like 8, 11, and 12 man). Hopefully in the future, David could add this in.

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 3
RE: What does "Line Up on Man" do? - 3/6/2006 2:48:46 PM   
mark1726

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sonny

Pretty sure it aligns the defender with the specified offensive player. I have only used it to line up on closest and the defending DB moves lateraly from is original defense position to a position in front of the closest offensive player. He does not move up to the line - only stays at his current depth and moves to be directly in line with the closest offensive player.

Thanks. What command did you give the defender after line up on man? I will mess around with it tonight to get a feel for it.

"Those who do not read and understand history are doomed to repeat it." - Harry Truman

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 4
RE: What does "Line Up on Man" do? - 3/6/2006 3:20:52 PM   
Sonny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magnum357

I must admit, it would be nice if it allowed you too choose what man too lind up on (like WR, TE, FB, HB, etc.). But maybe that would be too complicated to add with all the variety of different football rules you can choose (like 8, 11, and 12 man). Hopefully in the future, David could add this in.

It does allow you to line up on those players also (not sure about th TE). I just picked the closest as I did not care if it was WR1 or WR2.

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 5
RE: What does "Line Up on Man" do? - 3/6/2006 3:21:41 PM   
Sonny

quote:

ORIGINAL: mark1726

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sonny

Thanks. What command did you give the defender after line up on man? I will mess around with it tonight to get a feel for it.

In some instances I gave the Pass Cover Man2 Man and others it was Zone.

Quote from Snigbert -

ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to mark1726)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Play Development System (PDS) >> What does "Line Up on Man" do? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI