Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems - 3/6/2006 3:28:08 AM   
Rodak

Not sure if I'm posting in the correct place but I'm having serious issues in-game.

I start a quick game and after every play I get a message "Object variable or with variable not set in procedure modgame.goplaydead".

Then it just crashes.
Post #: 1
RE: Problems - 3/6/2006 5:23:08 AM   
Erik Rutins

Rodak,

I'm moving this to the support forum. There are a few things that are most likely to have caused this:

- When you play a quick play game and change the rules, but don't change the league to match so that you have a playbook that supports the rules. In other words, if you decide to play with Indoor or Canadian Rules, you need to first go to the League screen and choose the appropriate League, then go back to Quick Play, set the default rules to match and you should be fine. We're working on closing this loophole in the first update.

- Your drivers may be out of date or there may be other system issues. Can you post a DxDiag file for us please, per the instructions at the top of the support forum? Thanks.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Rodak)
Post #: 2
Deleted, Finally got Message Board Posting To Work. - 3/6/2006 7:32:33 PM   
GWsFBAStartOct292006

Deleted, Finally got Message Board Posting To Work.

< Message edited by GWsFBAStartOct292006 -- 3/6/2006 7:59:00 PM >

(in reply to Rodak)
Post #: 3
RE: uninstall The Maximum FootBall Game the second time... - 3/6/2006 8:04:43 PM   
Erik Rutins

GWsFBA,

First, I'm very sorry for the trouble you've had. A few responses:

A. When you say "download", do you mean you tried to install it? We do specify enough free space to cover installation in the minimum specs.

AA. This generally indicates that the game components were not installed. Did you allow the required Game Components and DirectX to install during the installation or did you uncheck those boxes?

BB. Where exactly did this error occur? Can you use the instructions at the top of this forum to post a DxDiag file for us please?

B. I was horrified to read this. Frankly, it never occurred to anyone here that a customer would install the game into the same folder with already existing important files. Many games delete their installation folders when uninstalling and it's always a good idea to install them in their own, separate folder. I can understand why you are mad, but we really could not have anticipated this one. When the game is told to uninstall, it removes all files and then all game folders. We specifically updated our installers to do this because we got some requests from customers that a few files (logs, saves and such) were often left behind otherwise.

Again, I'm very sorry for what happened to your files, but there's nothing we really could have done to prevent that in this case. Please reinstall the game in its own unique folder and please post a DxDiag file for us to check for the source of the other issues.

C. What browser and version are you using to read the forums?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to GWsFBAStartOct292006)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI