Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dual monitor issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Dual monitor issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dual monitor issue - 3/6/2006 8:54:59 PM   
azher

Hello David and everyone else,

Congratulations on getting the release and I wish the MaxFB franchise the best, moving forward.

One nagging issue I've noticed on my system is that (since I have a dual monitor setup), the loader doesn't automatically disable the secondary display(s). As such, if I was moving my mouse on one monitor, I actually see the cursor appear on the other monitor and if, for instance, there's an icon on the secondary display, the MaxFB executable will "lose focus" and the game locks/freezes up.

One quick workaround I've found is that if I disable the secondary monitor prior to loading up the game, things work great. I have a utility called UltraMon, as well, which allows me to automatically disable the secondary monitor on a shortcut-by-shortcut basis but this isn't a free app and thus won't be a viable option for most multi-monitor folks.

FYI (and I'm not sure if it matters) but both my graphics cards are based on the ATI Radeon 9200 chipset.

I hope this was an accurate description but feel free to ask if there are any other questions. Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Dual monitor issue - 3/6/2006 9:01:33 PM   
David Winter

Hi.

Maximum-Football does not support dual monitors. I believe this is mentioned in the readme file.

Thanks
David

(in reply to azher)
Post #: 2
RE: Dual monitor issue - 3/6/2006 9:08:34 PM   
Erik Rutins

azher,

I believe all recent ATI and nVidia video drivers also allow the second monitor to be disabled, without having to purchase a separate utility. I also use UltraMon and love it, but I've had no problems at all as long as I switch to single display mode before playing.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 3
RE: Dual monitor issue - 3/6/2006 9:25:19 PM   
azher

Hey David & Erik,

Thanks for the very prompt follow up.

I completely understand this but even if a game doesn't support the second monitor (and plenty don't), I would think it's fairly straighforward to disable it when the game starts up.

Right now the game pretends it doesn't exist even thought it's still functional, you know? It's just something I think you may want to investigate for future releases. Helps things look more polished.

Thanks for the additional info, Erik. It's good to know I'm not alone. ;)

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Dual monitor issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI