Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

So how is the game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Play Development System (PDS) >> So how is the game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
So how is the game? - 3/7/2006 9:50:41 AM   
dogthenine

I only just now heard about the game being released. Awesome!!

I'd like to know what people think though.

Can I watch/coach games while seeing the actual players/plays on the field, or is it a text based sim?

And just plain, how is it? :) Worth the $40?
Post #: 1
RE: So how is the game? - 3/7/2006 3:19:59 PM   
Sonny

Yes you get to see the players on the field in the coach (and arcade) mode.

I would say get the game now and get familiar with it. It will be worth $40 once a patch or two is out. But don't wait until then. Get it and start making your play books and/or modding the uniforms etc. now so you are ready to go when the kinks have been worked out.

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to dogthenine)
Post #: 2
RE: So how is the game? - 3/7/2006 3:21:21 PM   
mark1726

quote:

ORIGINAL: dogthenine

I only just now heard about the game being released. Awesome!!

I'd like to know what people think though.

Can I watch/coach games while seeing the actual players/plays on the field, or is it a text based sim?

And just plain, how is it? :) Worth the $40?

I like it because I can make my own plays. The open nature of it is what sold me, and almost everything is editable. You will need some programs to get to the stuff though, like MS Access or Excel for all the database stuff and a paint program like Adobe Photoshop to get to the art stuff.

You can coach, play, or just watch the CPU go at it. It is 3d like any modern football game, but the animations are limited and not motion capped so it is not as pretty as Madden. It is NOT a text based sim.

"Those who do not read and understand history are doomed to repeat it." - Harry Truman

(in reply to dogthenine)
Post #: 3
RE: So how is the game? - 3/7/2006 11:06:21 PM   
dogthenine

oh i dont care so much about graphics
as long as there is something to watch and is representative of how good the players really are

You know, like if I put in my punter at Oline, I would want to see him get squashed every time, or if I put in a big 400 pounder, I want to see him hold his ground.

Things like that :)

I definitely dont need the madden graphics. I want realism, not some messed up arcade piece of garbage that countless hours of slider testing won't fix.

thanks!

(in reply to dogthenine)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Play Development System (PDS) >> So how is the game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI