Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

League Approach?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Online Leagues >> League Approach? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
League Approach? - 2/15/2006 5:58:52 PM   
QBPR

How will the structure of MaxFB leagues work? Will it be owner's mailing in pbk & gameplan files to the commish on a weekly basis and then the commish simulating the games (ala FPS) or will each owner be playing each other head to head?

Both have their pro's and con's. With the commish sim approach you don't have to worry about scheduling a game against your opponent (usually the downfall of leagues), you just have to get your files in by the end of the week. However this tends to get boring to some owners. Head to head gives you a more realistic feel to the league and out coaching your opponent. Downside is you have to schedule a time to play, disconnects, etc...

Just curious how most leagues are approaching this or maybe only one of these is an option with MaxFB, I don't know.
Post #: 1
RE: League Approach? - 2/15/2006 8:02:17 PM   
Marauders

Our league used to go head to head in all games, but we may sim some of the games and have a "game of the week" live. It depends on how many teams we have when we go live again.

(in reply to QBPR)
Post #: 2
RE: League Approach? - 2/19/2006 9:53:33 AM   
DOAsaturn

my buddy and I are thinking of forming a 4 team arena league. the stipulations are that you would have to choose to be an defunct WLAF/WLF team, or an obscure defunct AFL team (no Indiana Firebirds, more like Rockford Metros or Miami Hooters), or any obscure pro team in the other indoor or outdoor pro leagues (i.e. not current NFL, NFLE, AFL, or CFL clubs). We would do h2h. If anyone is interested, give me a holler. philsites@earthlink.net

(in reply to QBPR)
Post #: 3
RE: League Approach? - 2/20/2006 6:41:01 PM   
mvb34

Can you play a league game where each team uploads there pbk & gameplan files to leagues's website and the home team downloads the the files and play or sim?

(in reply to QBPR)
Post #: 4
Wellington Coordinators League - 2/21/2006 4:03:37 AM   
BCtheQB

Wellington Maximum Football League II

custom franchises
custom playbooks
commish sim league

Game of the week broadcast live
all games taped and uploaded in scouting archive

draft from scratch
or rating point allotment
system to customize player skills

owners will vote
commish has veto power

link will be active Wednesday 3/7

< Message edited by BCtheQB -- 3/5/2006 8:28:15 PM >

Skagit Valley Lightning, HC, OC, DC, QB,Seattle Stallions 8-3,QB,West Sound Saints, NAFL CHamps,
King County Jaguars 05 NAFL W.Conf Champz,#2inUS
Eastside Hawks 03 #2 in US , 04 #1,#1 in PIFL.

(in reply to mvb34)
Post #: 5
RE: League Approach? - 2/24/2006 9:52:33 AM   
boxboy99

i have always wanted to get a solid league going. i think i have some excellent ideas for running a league. I know I have some weaknesses though, I am not great at creating advance webpages and images. I had started a pretty advance madden 06 franchise league in the fall, but fell through. Not my fault though..... there was an issue with spawned games not importing after so many spawned games. That's EA for you though.

my thoughts on successful league (this list isn't going to be game techical specific).

1) start out small and grow larger. it seems like most league i joined ran by other people were too ambishous in the beginning. the nfl didn't start out with 32 teams, it had to grow to get there. starting out with 4,6,8 dedicated owners is easier to manage and once there is a successful base expansion can happen. the college league i was in started out with a goal of all 1a teams, then only like 40 were still active to checkin before week 1 and half those people didn't even play the first game. if this happens the league is toast from the first minute because it is going to be impossible to reschedule and manage a mess of this size. if you have a 6 team league to start and 2 owners go mia, it should be easy to dump those two and find decent replacement owners without a mess that may put the league in danger.

2) kiss (keep it simple stupid) if you make it too difficult to run/manage no one is going to want to play, and when you get behind the desire may fade. I see alot of elabore web pages started. it just seems easier if you had a weekly newletter that was send out to a mailing list or put up as a download to ms word.

3) effective communication system. all members need to be members of league forums and have aim or some messaging device official to the league. When I started my league for madden I was doing basically a daily email of reminder or updates and posting the text to the league webpage. it was simple but effective.

(in reply to BCtheQB)
Post #: 6
RE: League Approach? - 2/24/2006 10:06:34 AM   
boxboy99

i would start to hash out a league, but i am not quite as computer savvy as I was in the past. I know these have got a bit more complex as well but I am always itching to start a leauge. My thoughts at this point would be a 4-8 team league, probably 6. American rules, might do something with arena later? Teams would probably be fictional, I like the idea of owners creating thier own unique franchises. Where I really struggle at this point is what kind of pool to get the players from. I really wouldn't want a league full of all-stars. I seen a league that used players that were afl, nfl, cfl rejects that was interesting, but I am not sure of what system to use to derive these players. One thought I had was for a league using college players over the last few years that didn't make the nfl, since I have college football preview mags from the last serveral years. I am not sure of what system to use to rate these players. I do have ncaa football 2004-06, had 03 but was stolen and could pick it up really cheap to use as a base to dervive some type of rating for these players. I also know scout and rivals has past recruiting info and could even have some incoming or future players added. Maybe even have each team have 1 or 2 nfl players as franchise players (one offensive and one defensive).

(in reply to boxboy99)
Post #: 7
G.reat W.hite's F.ootB.all A.ssociation Looking For Foo... - 3/6/2006 7:40:04 PM   
GWsFBAStartOct292006

I am going to start a year around Computer FootBall Gaming from Youth FootBall Level to Teams Around The World in Semi-Pro level to Professional FootBall Level, 120-teams/programs/franchises each football level (G.reat W.hite's F.ootB.all A.ssociation; starting drafts start in October 29th, 2006) pay per hour fee for play, in Multiplayer Centers first-starting in at least in Kendall-Florida City, Fl. (paying rent to Multiplayer Centers). I have been a DieHard Fan of F.P.S.: F.B.P. '98 (because of it's play/game plan/profile editing, league creation and etc; that EASports refuses to include in their games); however, now I saw The Maximum Football game and loved the direction it went. There is a chance I might use The Maximum FootBall game over F.P.S.: F.B. P. '98, if it can be proved to me it can be better than F.P.S.: F.B.P. '98 [problem playing/drafting/using files in same FootBall level(s) over as many as possible computers (without Internet and with LAN) ]. The problem is the following, your game/The Maximum FootBall has crashed on my computer and play editoring seems (so hard to use and crashes when trying to practice it) subpar to F.P.S.: F.B.P. '98.

Jason 'Great White'

(in reply to boxboy99)
Post #: 8
RE: G.reat W.hite's F.ootB.all A.ssociation Looking For... - 3/8/2006 8:28:08 PM   
JeeberD

So you're going to charge people to play MF? Is that legal?

(in reply to GWsFBAStartOct292006)
Post #: 9
RE: G.reat W.hite's F.ootB.all A.ssociation Looking For... - 3/8/2006 8:48:59 PM   
GWsFBAStartOct292006

quote:

JeeberD

More than just playing FootBall on The PC, but would be the main part received for such a low price. If Maximum FootBall is the best FootBall Game and if they agree to license it to me.

Why would it not be?

There are tons of companies doing the same thing with other products.

(in reply to JeeberD)
Post #: 10
RE: G.reat W.hite's F.ootB.all A.ssociation Looking For... - 3/9/2006 2:34:30 AM   
Magnum357

Dude, just to let you know, I don't think charging people to play MaxFB is legal. No offense, but your one strange guy to charge people just too play MaxFB if they can go get it themselves.

Post #: 11
RE: G.reat W.hite's F.ootB.all A.ssociation Looking For... - 3/9/2006 3:25:05 AM   
GWsFBAStartOct292006

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magnum357

Dude, just to let you know, I don't think charging people to play MaxFB is legal. No offense, but your one strange guy to charge people just too play MaxFB if they can go get it themselves.

Trust me, completely legal and done all the time. Plus, not just playing MaxFB as you understand it.

If you do not understand it, after I have explained it already, than you probably will never understand it. Plus, if I go too much more into it I run the risk of being beat to the punch.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 12
RE: G.reat W.hite's F.ootB.all A.ssociation Looking For... - 3/10/2006 7:36:33 AM   
Shaggyra

I'm not sure I WANT to understand it.

But good luck anyway.

Post #: 13
RE: G.reat W.hite's F.ootB.all A.ssociation Looking For... - 3/12/2006 4:28:18 AM   
armyofone

quote:

If you do not understand it, after I have explained it already, than you probably will never understand it. Plus, if I go too much more into it I run the risk of being beat to the punch.

You can't be for real.

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Online Leagues >> League Approach? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI