Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

speed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> speed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
speed - 3/7/2006 2:59:22 PM   
coachtodd

Is there a way to compress the game clock (as was the case with FPS).

In football pro, once on broke the huddle, the game and play clocks whisked down to six or seven very quickly to simulate actual game speed.

In my first game I ran off over 100 snaps on offense and the game took over two hours.

Just wondering if there was any thought to compressing the clock.

t
Post #: 1
RE: speed - 3/8/2006 2:45:13 AM   
Magnum357

I'm not eactly sure why people are upset about this. Its suppose to take about a couple of hours to watch/play a Football game. Why should it be any different in MaxFB?

Now I do agree though, Football Pro had a neat system where a few seconds would count off the time clock in order to simulate realitic Play numbers. But that might be difficult to do with the Varying length of Play Clock Times you can choose from in the game.

(in reply to coachtodd)
Post #: 2
RE: speed - 3/8/2006 6:11:14 AM   
Marauders

The reason is that if there are too many plays called, the statistics will come out greater than in a similar real world game. It is a concern that has been presented to David and the Matrix Games staff.

Twelve minute quarters and a 35 second clock are a temporary way to kick the stats more in line.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 3
RE: speed - 3/8/2006 11:12:11 AM   
Magnum357

Ok, I can see your point there. But with such a high degree of customability of the Timing system, I wonder if it might open up a can of worms (ie. bugs) if you try too add an acceleration clock. I mean, since you can have 20 second play clocks, how many seconds should "accelerate" compared to a 40 second play clock?

Also, the players lining up for there formation does eat up some time, how much more time you want eaten up?

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 4
RE: speed - 3/8/2006 5:02:38 PM   
elmerlee

This should not even be in question.The play clock needs accelerated.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 5
RE: speed - 3/9/2006 3:33:32 AM   
Magnum357

Sorry, I still sort of disagree, but I can understand your point guys.

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 6
RE: speed - 3/9/2006 3:55:58 AM   
David Winter

The play clock can't be accelerated or it would effect the game when trying to use 20 (Canadian Standard) or 25 (Indoor Standard) second play clocks. There would be little or no time to get the players up over the line and put the ball into play.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 7
RE: speed - 3/9/2006 6:13:47 AM   
dogthenine

shouldn't it just simply be an option for the 40 second game clock then?
There's no rule that says the accelerated game clock A)has to apply to all standards and B)has to be a "permanent" feature.
Make it optional.
And/or Change the acceleration in the other modes, if it's warrented.

But it's definitely warrented with a 40 second game clock.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 8
RE: speed - 3/9/2006 11:09:37 PM   
elmerlee

from DW --

quote:

The play clock can't be accelerated or it would effect the game when trying to use 20 (Canadian Standard) or 25 (Indoor Standard) second play clocks. There would be little or no time to get the players up over the line and put the ball into play.

Seems simple to me.Just accererate it for NFL play.Again your just joshing us.

(in reply to dogthenine)
Post #: 9
RE: speed - 3/9/2006 11:12:12 PM   
David Winter

Define "NFL" play. This game doesn't know what "NFL" play is. It sees a collection of rules with various values assigned to those rules. It has no idea what the NFL does or does not do.

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 10
RE: speed - 3/10/2006 1:14:21 AM   
elmerlee

I just replied elsewhere.

Post #: 11
RE: speed - 3/10/2006 9:43:48 AM   
Shaggyra

Jeez, I hope this isn't a US vs Canada thing.

I think when most are saying "NFL" they really mean "US style" rules.

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 12
RE: speed - 3/10/2006 3:29:14 PM   
Gman1025

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shaggyra

I do not think it is that. Looking through his past posts, it appears elmerlee is it out for Dave.

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 13
RE: speed - 3/10/2006 4:19:55 PM   
Shaggyra

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gman1025

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shaggyra

I do not think it is that. Looking through his past posts, it appears elmerlee is it out for Dave.

Ya think?

I was just trying to say that the US style is one way (longer time) and it is not only an "NFL" thing. (I know David does not hate us down here.)

A compressed clock is something I would like to see for over 35 seconds or so, but I also have a hard enough time now getting plays off at the 20 sec Canadian pace. Not a large issue at any rate and if it never comes that OK also.

(in reply to Gman1025)
Post #: 14
RE: speed - 3/10/2006 4:49:13 PM   
Gman1025

[/quote]

Ya think?

[/quote]

Sorry man. I deal alot with this Canada /US thing... I am a dual citizen. I beleave in the Rouge and z = zed, though.

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 15
RE: speed - 3/11/2006 12:06:50 AM   
Frenzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

What if you were to acclerate the clock to only a set time? For instance accelerate it to perhaps 15 seconds (or make it adjustable) once the plays are picked. This probably wouldn't affect Canadian settings much but would be a big help for the US type play and could speed up indoor slightly.

Post #: 16
RE: speed - 3/11/2006 4:11:30 AM   
Marauders

Perhaps an option to take ten seconds off both the play clock and game clock prior to three minutes left in each half would help. I understand that quarters can be set at 10 or 12 minutes and plack clocks can be changed, but then the game notes would not reflect the standard game rules and times and running a full 44-45 seconds off the clock on purpose would be an unavailable option.

(in reply to Frenzy)
Post #: 17
RE: speed - 3/11/2006 10:00:29 AM   
Magnum357

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

, but then the game notes would not reflect the standard game rules and times and running a full 44-45 seconds off the clock on purpose would be an unavailable option.

Ok, I can understand that point, but is that really a bad thing? I have heard in the past that some people never did like the idea of kneeling the ball in the final 2 minute warning of NFL games. At least with 35 second play clocks, it does give the behind team a slight chance (but even then, not very much) compared to a 40 second play clock. Also, if I recall, NFLE uses a 35 second play clock and there time rules are a bit different then the NFL. NFLE's game clock runs much like how the XFL's game clock ran, which was somewhat equivelent to a 12 Minute Quarter game clock in practical purposes.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> speed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI