Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Weird happenings

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Weird happenings Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Weird happenings - 3/10/2006 9:54:18 PM   
cbelva

I just played a game using 11 man US rules with normal penalties using the v1.092 Beta patch and witnessed the following:

1. During the 2nd quarter I punted the ball to the computer. The computer went straight into a punt formation and punted the ball back to me. I liked it, but not very accurate.

2. I scored a field goal as the clock counted down to 0 for the first half. Instead of ending the half, we had a kickoff (I thougth this was corrected). The 1st half ended but instead of a new kickoff, the computer got the ball where it was placed after the end of 2nd quarter kickoff with the full time on the clock.

3. I have been noticing odd application of penalties. Ie, after the ball is placed, giving me 1 down 11 yards to go or 1 down 5 yards to go when it should not have been.

Post #: 1
RE: Weird happenings - 3/11/2006 12:40:42 AM   
EF

A couple things I ran into during an Arena game, post patch also:

Had a player running down the sidelines for what would have been an easy tuochdown and then suddenly do a 90 degree turn at the 7 yard line and go out of bounds. The closest defenseive player was about 5 yards away, behind him.

Not sure of the Arena rules so I'll run down the situation. 2nd and 10 after an incomplete pass and the other team rund. It gets stuffed for a 2 yard loss (would be 2nd and 12). A 5 yard penalty is called on me and it got marked off from the end of the play and it became 1st and 7.

A pass rusher hit and sacked the quarterback at the 1 yard line. The defensive player seemed to lad in the end zone but no part of the wuarterback was in theend zone. A safety was awarded. It wasn;t a matter of the quarterback coing out of the end zone, he was back peddling when he was hit and never was in the end zone during the play.

Three times, and this was just in one quarter, the quarterback was hit and the ball came out. Looked like a fumble by the visuals as there was never a pass attempted but it was ruled an incomplete pass. Those lpays never showed up in the stats. The first one was early and the QB was still 1 for 1 passing (as that stat came up prior to the next play).

This might just be a playbook / game plan issue, but the stats looked way too big. I just played 1 quarter and couldn't take it anymore as we were on pace for well over 1000 yards and over 150 points (just my team). This seems way tooo high, even for Arena ball.

I really, really want this to work but keep getting a bad FB Pro 99 taste in my mouth. Here's hoping this becomes the FootBall game that we all want it to be so we can LLOOOVVVVEEEE IT!

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Weird happenings Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI