Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Missing the Last second of many plays

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Missing the Last second of many plays Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Missing the Last second of many plays - 3/9/2006 6:31:29 AM   
dogthenine

I have a high end computer. Frame Rate was a constant 30-31 when I ran a game. [cpu/cpu]

However, often-times the play will end and I can't see what happened. A defender will be in spot A then in a nano-second, be making a tackle or disrupting the QB.

I have some other graphics issues, but this one is the most annoying. The game is not fluid or enjoyable to watch because this is happening.

Is this happening to anyone else?
Suggestions?

Pentium 4 2.4GHZ
1.5GB Ram
GEForce FX5600 512mb

I have some other graphx issues, but they may be due to background progs. I get some shadows that stay on the screen sometimes. Last game was fine indoors, was getting shadows outdoors, but have not tested enough to worry about it yet as the aforementioned problem is more of a concern :p

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Missing the Last second of many plays - 3/12/2006 6:49:01 AM   
dogthenine

am I the only one this is happening to?

Everyone else is seeing every milisecond of each play?
Not having a Defensivelineman be on the line 1 second and on the QB the next?

Anyone?

(in reply to dogthenine)
Post #: 2
RE: Missing the Last second of many plays - 3/12/2006 8:26:42 AM   
solops

Yeah, I have the same problem. I was really looking forward to this game, but the spastic behavior of the graphics makes it "not much fun". The play happens so quickly that I cannot see what happens. The animation is so jerky and fast that it appears that some of the frames are missing. I certainly do not mind the quality of the figures or the general level of the art, but I really cannot see what is happening. Heck, X's and O's would be fine with me if they moved smoothly and slowly enough for me to follow the action. And yes, all firewalls, antivirus and anti-spyware is turned off. I am using the 1.092 Beta patch.

I have a brand new Dell system:

P-IV Pentium D 820 series processor (2.8 GHz, 800 FSB)
1 gig 533 MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
160 Gig hard drive with about 120 gigs empty.
256 MB Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX video card

All the latest updates to drivers and WinXP

< Message edited by solops -- 3/12/2006 8:30:05 AM >

(in reply to dogthenine)
Post #: 3
RE: Missing the Last second of many plays - 3/12/2006 9:46:27 AM   
Magnum357

I don't know what you guys are complaining, I think the Graphics and Animations are fine. Ya, they are not as rich as EA Sports games, but I think its not bad for one guy doing it all. The only issue I see with game speed is when the QB throws. It goes very fast and like a bullet, but I have gotten use to it after a while.

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 4
RE: Missing the Last second of many plays - 3/12/2006 2:50:23 PM   
Sonny

My only gripe in this area is the pass catching - or missing. That last part happens so fast it is hard to tell what happened in some instances. Otherwise the play seems ok.

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 5
RE: Missing the Last second of many plays - 3/12/2006 4:32:10 PM   
solops

I don't care about Disney quality animation. And, as I said, the graphics are fine. The problem is that the jerkiness of the animation combined with the speed of the play presentation makes it very difficult to follow the play.

We may all be spoiled by other games' graphics. But I'll be happy with those in Maximum Football as they are IF we can just slow the pace of the play presentation down. Right now I cannot follow the play at all.

Please give us the option of slowing down the presentation and I'll put up with the "Jerky" animation. I just want enough time to see what is occurring.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 6
RE: Missing the Last second of many plays - 3/14/2006 9:00:20 PM   
dogthenine

AGREED.
I'd like to be able to see what is actually happening.

quote:

ORIGINAL: solops

I don't care about Disney quality animation. And, as I said, the graphics are fine. The problem is that the jerkiness of the animation combined with the speed of the play presentation makes it very difficult to follow the play.

We may all be spoiled by other games' graphics. But I'll be happy with those in Maximum Football as they are IF we can just slow the pace of the play presentation down. Right now I cannot follow the play at all.

Please give us the option of slowing down the presentation and I'll put up with the "Jerky" animation. I just want enough time to see what is occurring.

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 7
RE: Missing the Last second of many plays - 3/14/2006 10:34:30 PM   
mark1726

quote:

ORIGINAL: dogthenine

I have a high end computer. Frame Rate was a constant 30-31 when I ran a game. [cpu/cpu]

However, often-times the play will end and I can't see what happened. A defender will be in spot A then in a nano-second, be making a tackle or disrupting the QB.

I have some other graphics issues, but this one is the most annoying. The game is not fluid or enjoyable to watch because this is happening.

Is this happening to anyone else?
Suggestions?

Pentium 4 2.4GHZ
1.5GB Ram
GEForce FX5600 512mb

I have some other graphx issues, but they may be due to background progs. I get some shadows that stay on the screen sometimes. Last game was fine indoors, was getting shadows outdoors, but have not tested enough to worry about it yet as the aforementioned problem is more of a concern :p

Thanks

This is odd because you have a better system than I do yet I don't have any of those problems. I do have a problem over time of entering and exiting the game engine when making plays and practicing them. Seems to be a memory leak issue and it does cause some jerky animations when it gets bad. By rebooting my PC the problem is solved and everything is back to fluid movements.

Try seeing if rebooting and shutting down any background programs helps.

"Those who do not read and understand history are doomed to repeat it." - Harry Truman

(in reply to dogthenine)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Missing the Last second of many plays Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI