Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Arena League Problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Arena League Problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Arena League Problems - 3/8/2006 2:39:39 AM   
sfield

Just some issues with the Arena Leauges:

1. To Many times after a kickoff the offensive team will be stopped with the 5 yard line after the kickoff. Almost 40 - 50% of the time the first play results in a saftey.

In Arena Football the Following rules exist for rushing the QB:
Four offensive players must be on the line of scrimmage at the snap. One offensive player may be moving forward at the time of the snap. Three defensive players must be in a three- or four-point stance at the start of the snap. Two defenders serve as linebackers and one may blitz from the side of the line opposite the offensive tight end. The other linebacker cannot blitz and cannot drop back into coverage until the ball is thrown or the quarterback pump-fakes.

This doesn't seem to be happing.

2. Nets need to be stretched accross the left and right sides of the field goals, no modelling appears to include the football bouncing off the neting.

3. A receiver is allowed to go in motion before the snap. No recievers appear to go in motion prior to the snap in the plays I have run so far.

4. The sweep play to the left almost always results in a 20+ Yard game in the games I've played so far.
Post #: 1
RE: Arena League Problems - 3/8/2006 3:13:53 AM   
Magnum357

It appears you are not aware that MaxFB does NOT use Arena Rules for its Indoor Model. What the game uses is a "Hybrid" Indoor Football Rules model that is more similar to Indoor Football (not Arena Football, there is a difference) where there are no Rebound nets and Formations are not nearly as restrictive as in Arena Football. Basically, the game's Indoor Mode is Outdoor Football Played on a 50 yard feild. This is why the Indoor Model doesn't play like Arena Football, but with clever PDS Play design schemes, you could make the game come close to Arena Football.

Also, since Arena Football has a Patent on its Rebound Net system, its impossible for David to use Rebound nets in his game. And in my opinion, that is good, it just restricts Davids abiltiy to add options in the game.

(in reply to sfield)
Post #: 2
RE: Arena League Problems - 3/8/2006 5:41:10 AM   
lotr13

quote:

ORIGINAL: sfield

Just some issues with the Arena Leauges:

1. To Many times after a kickoff the offensive team will be stopped with the 5 yard line after the kickoff. Almost 40 - 50% of the time the first play results in a saftey.

I've noticed this too. I'm not sure if it's a play issue or something with the AI. It looks like the OL gets bowled over leading to the safety on the QB.

(in reply to sfield)
Post #: 3
RE: Arena League Problems - 3/8/2006 5:44:43 AM   
Magnum357

I beleive that did happen to me once in one of my attempts at the Indoor Game. But Its only happened once so I can't say if its a bug or not.

(in reply to lotr13)
Post #: 4
RE: Arena League Problems - 3/8/2006 5:57:10 AM   
Marauders

I have some defensive plays and a kick return play in a playbook file that is listed in the members area. The kick return is a little too good, but it makes for more fun.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 5
RE: Arena League Problems - 3/10/2006 8:56:49 PM   
sfield

I see you are correct about arena leauge not being supported, I didn't realize the AFL had a copyright on the netting use.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 6
RE: Arena League Problems - 3/11/2006 3:35:34 PM   
zowee77

quote:

1. To Many times after a kickoff the offensive team will be stopped with the 5 yard line after the kickoff. Almost 40 - 50% of the time the first play results in a saftey

I have noticed this as well. It could be that ratings for players need to be adjusted for indoor arena play. A question I have that someone I am sure knows the answer to is does this happen in indoor football (not Arena Football) this often as I am not that familiar with indoor football? It appears to me that if the ball could be brought out to the 10 yard line on the 50 yard field it would make more sense, but again I could be off base since I am not a expert on indoor football.

(in reply to sfield)
Post #: 7
RE: Arena League Problems - 3/11/2006 10:53:19 PM   
Breeze

Actually, the problem is with the kick returner. When he starts to run, it's as if he runs through quicksand for the first 2 seconds and then gets up to speed. In real life that doesn't happen. I can understand wanting to simulate acceleration rahter than have plaers be at full speed immediately, but this is somethingt hat needs to be worked on.

This also causes a lot of sacks because if the QB drops back, stops, and then tries to get away from an oncoming defender, he's toast because he can barely move for the first two or three seconds.

I should note that I don't play coach mode, only arcade mode, so maybe people who do coach mode have had different experiences.

(in reply to zowee77)
Post #: 8
RE: Arena League Problems - 3/12/2006 7:43:27 AM   
zotres

quote:

ORIGINAL: Breeze

Actually, the problem is with the kick returner. When he starts to run, it's as if he runs through quicksand for the first 2 seconds and then gets up to speed. In real life that doesn't happen. I can understand wanting to simulate acceleration rahter than have plaers be at full speed immediately, but this is somethingt hat needs to be worked on.

I agree that seems to be part of the problem, but it looks like there's not enough variety in the results for the kickoff play. I played two arena games (coach mode) this afternoon and noticed over and over again that kickoffs from the goal line travel 57 yards and there's an 8 yard return. I counted 3 kickoffs with different results out of 30+ kickoffs. Different kickers, different returners, but basically identical results. Even if the ratings of all of them are identical there should still be some randomness seen in the final result.

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 9
RE: Arena League Problems - 3/12/2006 9:52:40 AM   
Magnum357

quote:

ORIGINAL: zowee77

I have noticed this as well. It could be that ratings for players need to be adjusted for indoor arena play. A question I have that someone I am sure knows the answer to is does this happen in indoor football (not Arena Football) this often as I am not that familiar with indoor football? It appears to me that if the ball could be brought out to the 10 yard line on the 50 yard field it would make more sense, but again I could be off base since I am not a expert on indoor football.

On Kickoffs, in Indoor Football, there usually is a fairly good chance of a Return. Because there is no Rebound Netting (too allow the ball to be slowed down when it bounces off the nets) the Kickers in Indoor Football (not Arena Football) have to kick it a little shorter then Arena kickers. This usually results in the Kick Returner getting the ball sooner then in Arena Football which gives him a little more time before the Kicking Team comes down and Tackles him. I've looked at many Indoor Football Kick Return Statisitcs and it shows that most Returners average about 15 yards per Kickoff Return.

Have you guys thought about Designing your own Kick Return Plays? I haven't done this personally, but maybe you could do that to get better Kick Returns.

(in reply to zowee77)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Arena League Problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI