Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

My Short List of Fixes/Suggestions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> My Short List of Fixes/Suggestions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My Short List of Fixes/Suggestions - 3/14/2006 4:54:03 PM   
gambler

1. Clean up the PDS to eliminate excess clicking (having to save a play when it's first loaded, saving every time an individual point is changed, etc). Matrix might owe me for tunnel carpal bills soon...
2. Make the Practice Mode more user friendly. Have it keep track of play results against various defensive plays. Oh yeah, and allow the user to load multiple defenses and offenses at the same time, picking which ones they want inside the practice mode rather than having to go out each and every time, and make 4-5 clicks when they want to change the play(s).
3. Backward passes should be fumbles when dropped, not incompletes.
4. No more play formation flips by the computer. I play in CPU/CPU mode, and some of my plays/playbooks are not designed to be symmetrical. The CPU seems to flip a play (moving skill players to opposite sides, but NOT the linemen) 50% of the time. This FUBARs plays and playbooks alike. I have no idea if the CPU does this for plays that come with the game (I'd assume so, can't see there's a difference) but it's annoying. We can flip the plays ourselves in the PDS and put both in the playbook. No need for this 'feature'.
5. Camera modes. Or specifically, one camera mode, TV style, needs to be added. David Winter once said that his favorite game mode was CPU/CPU.. I agree. Furthermore, I want my CPU/CPU mode to look as much like a television broadcast as possible and the 'arcade camera' ruins that feel. Obviously it's needed for those who like an action game, but since some replays have other camera views it can't be that difficult to do.
Post #: 1
RE: My Short List of Fixes/Suggestions - 3/14/2006 8:03:19 PM   
gambler

One more...

6. Depth charts... Less clicking would be nice. How about something similar to Madden (*ducks and covers). Each position in a 'standard' offense/defense (2 back, 2 receiver, 1 TE; 4-3) gets a depth chart list. Players can be placed 2-3 deep on them. Then 'auto generate' creates its best fit for the individual formations and substitutions use the depth chart. Alternatively, one of these 'drop downs' for each formation could be done instead. This way we have control over who the CPU substitutes at each position AND it reduces the clicking... I realize this is a major change from how things are done, and thus don't expect it til MaxFB 2, but setting the formations is currently a major pain, especially when doing more exotic things (yes, I know, I really shouldn't be doing 1933 where all players played both ways, but hey...).

(in reply to gambler)
Post #: 2
RE: My Short List of Fixes/Suggestions - 3/14/2006 11:56:29 PM   
anash

I agree with everything above, and would like to add improving the defensive side command options in the PDS.

(in reply to gambler)
Post #: 3
RE: My Short List of Fixes/Suggestions - 3/15/2006 12:35:21 AM   
Magnum357

I agree with many of your points aswell. And I really agree with the "Flip" option in the game. If we can design Flipped plays in the PDS, I don't see a lot of use for this feature.

Football Pro 99 had a "Flip Play" feature in its game and it was more trouble that it was worth. You had hardly any control in the game profiles of the game too keep the Computer from "Flipping" his plays all the time. It was quite annoying and created a few bugs in the game aswell.

(in reply to anash)
Post #: 4
RE: My Short List of Fixes/Suggestions - 3/15/2006 2:08:36 AM   
anash

I have FBPro 99, but never played it much. Was waiting for a more stable version...still waiting lol

FBpro 98 on the other, well, I cannot imagine how many hours I put into that bad boy. I love the flexibility in the play and profiles, which is why I bought Max-FB right away and have high hopes for it's success.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 5
RE: My Short List of Fixes/Suggestions - 3/15/2006 4:42:59 PM   
gambler

One more...

7. Substitutions: Right now it seems that if Injuries are set to 'on', the CPU substitutes willy nilly for the teams it controls. This MAY only happen when an injury occurs, but I didn't notice one in a game, and when I looked at the teams, different players were in the formation than should have been and the depth charts had been modified when I left the game (and this was 1 minute into the game, fatigue wasn't a factor). This doesn't happen when injuries are turned off. My suggestion is to allow the user to hit a button in the Depth Chart screen to 'lock' the depth chart. If an injury occurs, the CPU can substitute for that position, but not move players around.

(in reply to anash)
Post #: 6
RE: My Short List of Fixes/Suggestions - 3/16/2006 1:59:48 AM   
Magnum357

Hmmm... I didn't know about this. I will have too look too see if the computer is substituting a lot.

Do you know if there is a way to control the substitution rate in the game? Football Pro 99 had a feature where you could control how often you wanted to substiute your players. For example, on Offense Players were divided into QB,HB,FB,WR,TE,OL and 2 percentage values (one called "IN" the other called "OUT") associated with the slot. If the players Fatique was below the "OUT" percentage value, the game would subsitute your players in your formations until the substituted starter got his fatique level back above the "IN" percentage value. This was located in the Profiles of Football Pro 99.

If this isn't in MaxFB, it would be nice if something like this was included in our playbooks.

(in reply to gambler)
Post #: 7
RE: My Short List of Fixes/Suggestions - 3/16/2006 3:26:48 AM   
CFL_FAN_7

quote:

'lock' the depth chart.

Even thoguh I don't mind depth charts, but some people don't so i think it's a good idea

(in reply to gambler)
Post #: 8
RE: My Short List of Fixes/Suggestions - 3/16/2006 4:02:54 PM   
gambler

Well, my case is a bit unusual when it comes to depth charts. I'm trying to recreate 30's era NFL, and because of the substitution rule of the time (if a player comes out on ANY play, they're out for the whole quarter), the same 11 players played on offense, defense and special teams. I completely understand WHY the CPU picks the players it does when it substitutes as often they're better at the position than the one I chose (it's usually a compromise.. best mix of offense and defense as opposed to best for the position). Still, I'm sure some people have a different idea of who they want playing than the CPU does. Not allowing injuries does indeed 'lock' the depth chart but of course takes out injuries. The CPU still substitutes for fatigue but then puts the fatigued player back in when he's rested enough. That's the behavior I want, but I also want injuries and the ability to set our 2-3 deep players for each position. :)

(in reply to CFL_FAN_7)
Post #: 9
RE: My Short List of Fixes/Suggestions - 3/17/2006 6:32:34 AM   
CFL_FAN_7

O, I kinda see what your sayin

(in reply to gambler)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> My Short List of Fixes/Suggestions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI