Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: An Ode to the Forum

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: An Ode to the Forum Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/15/2006 10:23:21 PM   
Swamprat

Puukoo, you're just too nice.

I'm sure he was a troll, which is a pity, because his dribbling about Haig tactics should really have been about the issues surrounding Second Generation warfare. And had he been serious (or even understood what he was talking about) rather than just wanting to yank everybody's chain, we might have ended up with an interesting debate about Second Generation vs Third Generation, and how this would be played out on a SPWAW battlefield.

[IMG]http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k436/Swamprat98/need_help_3_126.jpg[/IMG]

(in reply to Puukkoo)
Post #: 31
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/15/2006 10:53:00 PM   
Swamprat

For those who are interested, here's a link to the theory of the different 'generations' of warfare:- http://www.lewrockwell.com/lind/lind3b.html

[IMG]http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k436/Swamprat98/need_help_3_126.jpg[/IMG]

(in reply to Swamprat)
Post #: 32
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/16/2006 12:04:11 AM   
FlashfyreSP

I agree with you, Swamprat.
His use of things from "The Charge of the Light Brigade" movie as factual rebuttals told me all I needed to know about his military history expertise.

(in reply to Swamprat)
Post #: 33
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/16/2006 6:06:02 AM   
Orzel Bialy

Gentlemen,

I suggest we move on from the nightmare that was TBT, put it all to rest and go back to the way things should be.

Newbies are always welcomed in the SPWAW community...always have been. And the old sea dogs are still ready to lend a helping hand whenever and where ever it is needed...as they always have been.

For the record I personally don't think anyone here was overly rude or aggressive to TBT without due cause. When he was polite...he received it in return. When he decided to start acting like a pompus @ss and began insulting people...he eventually got that in return and rightfully so.

To me he showed his true colors when he hid behind the coat tails of the few kind hearts that went out of their way to try and defend him (more so simply for the sake of calm within the community I believe) and he decided to reward their good will gestures with more of his childish banter.

Therefore I would have to agree that he was nothing more than a troll...and I say Sayonara to that sort of ilk.

(in reply to FlashfyreSP)
Post #: 34
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/16/2006 6:09:06 AM   
Korpraali V

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puukkoo

You guys should realize that he died like a samurai. That last post was a real Kamikaze.

Perhaps, but striking the knife on one's back is faaaaaar from Samurai-tradition AFAIK.

And if he'd had some other nationality, would there even be the question was he samurai or not? Having the desire of revenge when everything is gone doesn't make you samurai. No, I'm not keeping the bitter, but I just can't see him among the men of honor.

Flasfyre: Being the 'other' is not actually a bad position 'cause the 'others' made him to ask apologies for the first time.

(in reply to Puukkoo)
Post #: 35
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/16/2006 6:11:33 AM   
Korpraali V

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orzel Bialy

Newbies are always welcomed in the SPWAW community...always have been. And the old sea dogs are still ready to lend a helping hand whenever and where ever it is needed...as they always have been.

Now thas is something worth to remember also in the future!

(in reply to Orzel Bialy)
Post #: 36
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/16/2006 6:26:34 AM   
Orzel Bialy

I agree with Korpraali...comparing TBT to a Samurai is insulting to them.

(in reply to Korpraali V)
Post #: 37
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/16/2006 6:53:25 AM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Korpraali V

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orzel Bialy

Now thas is something worth to remember also in the future!

I believe Napoleon called them "The Old Guard"?

(in reply to Korpraali V)
Post #: 38
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/16/2006 7:01:51 AM   
Orzel Bialy

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob
I believe Napoleon called them "The Old Guard"?

Yes, we used that term around here before and believe it or not it eventually got sidetracked into a debate over who could be considered Very Old Guard, Old Guard and New Guard. lol

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 39
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/16/2006 7:08:23 AM   
FlashfyreSP

I'm with the Right Guard....

Post #: 40
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/16/2006 10:39:53 AM   
Puukkoo

Well, I take back my words.

A Samurai wannabe.

Don't be shocked, I AM funny.

Post #: 41
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/16/2006 11:39:04 AM   
Puukkoo

And my apologies to people who got that impression that I treated some exploded dude as a samurai. At that moment I wrote about him I completely forgot that he insulted other users in very derogatory manners. Pardon me my over-benevolent naive stupidity.

Don't be shocked, I AM funny.

(in reply to Puukkoo)
Post #: 42
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/16/2006 4:24:40 PM   
Orzel Bialy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puukkoo

I was both amazed and amused by his impetus. I did not agree completely on his views but I wouldn't outright regard him as a troll. That would be too harsh. He actually did some good posts before he lost his bolt (and made several poor ones after that).

You guys should realize that he died like a samurai. That last post was a real Kamikaze.

Do not beat yourself up over it Puukkoo, there is no need to apologize really.

TBT did show some promise early on as a matter of interesting conversation about the choice of tactics...but then began to lose it when he met the first hints of criticism over his stated beliefs.

From there it all went downhill fast, despite the efforts of people like yourself to try and control the matter and keep it on a civil level.

(in reply to Puukkoo)
Post #: 43
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/16/2006 7:39:17 PM   
Puukkoo

Well, thank you sir. I laughed first at his very zealous writings but then when he started to insult people I think he overheated it.

There were some issues that brought it into this:
-His Haig tactics
-His failed PBEM debut
-Not using 'Opponents Wanted' forum when challenging him, and
-"Sentimentalism"

Post #: 44
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/17/2006 6:43:11 AM   
Wild Bill

Unwise statements die of their own weight if ignored. I'm not referring to dictums or orders. Misjudgments and slanders, if these are such, will wither if not fed.

What I am saying is what Orzel is saying. Time to leave this. Let it die alone. No need to dig it up and see if it is dead. Just let it lie, guys.

Old Guard...I'm the Ancient Guard....but hey, my gun still shoots!

WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Puukkoo)
Post #: 45
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/17/2006 12:43:39 PM   
Swamprat

quote:

No need to dig it up and see if it is dead

Post-mortums are actually quite useful. You can find out a lot through them.
And funerals serve the function of bringing people together again.
And it's best if they're not rushed.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 46
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/17/2006 5:59:42 PM   
azraelck

Funerals over, wheres the hot redheaded woman at?

(in reply to Swamprat)
Post #: 47
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/17/2006 7:56:35 PM   
FlashfyreSP

In all the years I've been visiting this forum, I have occasionally run across individuals whose opinions/ideas I have disagreed with, but until now I have read their posts and (usually) ignored them. At times, I have responded, either with my own opinions or with research that supports the opposing view.

Yet, at no time, did I ever "ignore" a member of the forums...until now. Shortly after the "Haig tactics" thread went sour, I did the (to me, at least) unthinkable: I clicked on that little green button below TBT's post, and, *poof* all his words disappeared from my screen. Except for the places where some decided to quote him...

(in reply to Swamprat)
Post #: 48
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/17/2006 8:17:53 PM   
Swamprat

Wow, I didn't know you could do that! Does it work just for that thread or for the forum generally?

Post #: 49
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/17/2006 8:52:05 PM   
azraelck

At the bottom of each post there is a small green button. I have never used it either, though I've obviously not been around near as long. I don't recall very many forums having such an option at all; though it's usually the most requested feature. I wouldn't use it, even with someone like tokyo; simply because i want to see whats going on; and see both sides of an argument.

(in reply to Swamprat)
Post #: 50
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/17/2006 10:15:17 PM   
FlashfyreSP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swamprat

Wow, I didn't know you could do that! Does it work just for that thread or for the forum generally?

Works for the forum...any post by that individual is replaced by the message,
quote:

This user is on your "block" list and the message has been blocked.
Click here to unblock this user and view this post.

(in reply to Swamprat)
Post #: 51
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/18/2006 2:24:05 AM   
BulletMagnet

Sorry guys I was away all week at a dig. All I'm going to say is that I know and respect 90 percent of you that made that list with me and the other 10 percent I just havnt met yet.

"What we do in life,echoes in eternity"

Post #: 52
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/18/2006 5:28:31 AM   
m10bob

quote:

Sorry guys I was away all week at a dig. All I'm going to say is that I know and respect 90 percent of you that made that list with me and the other 10 percent I just havnt met yet.

We wuz told you wuz hidin".......

(in reply to BulletMagnet)
Post #: 53
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/25/2006 4:07:13 AM   
PimpYourAFV

Here we go again. KG Erwin along with his cronies JEB Davis, omegaall, and azraelck set up another hate threat trolling for more unhappiness. I'm bumping this thread so that newcomers passing through this site will know what kind of creeps hang out here. It's only fair to them.

I haven't read the huge number of responses to this thread and never will. I'm sure there's far more hate and bitterness contained in the responses of this thread than on the rest of all the wargaming threads on the internet combined. This thread should be kept topped as a plaque to the character of those who grovel within the stale, cigarette smoke filled, dark, gloomy confines of this forum. It's obvious from your posts that you all are very unhappy, most probably depressed, and rely on cigarettes, booze and/or other unhealthy addictions to maintain your will to live.

Instead of going on with this endless cycle of hair and anger, the whole cranky lot of you old men should start to consider that I'm not actually the problem and all I'm doing is saying a few words in my defense here and there after being pushed and pushed. I think azraelck quit his day job just to spend hours each day posting hate.

You all just can't handle the fact that I don't go by the book and refuse to act/think/talk exactly like all of you do. Harrassing me and being general a$$holes sure won't convince me to change me into you either. The real problem is you old, bitter folks are out of shape, bored, got very low self-esteems and have no hobbies or goals in life. To fix this, try doing regular exercise, change your daily routine, join a club or evening class, write down some goals, meet some new people, try telephone dating if you're not too ugly and can think of something funny to say, and open your minds to the concept that your by-the-book boredom is not the way everything should be. There's a better way than binge drinking and posting hate on the internet to deal with your depression. In short, you need to break out of your psychic sclerosis and plan some way to bring happiness into your lives.

A good first step to changing is to say to yourselves, "I am responsible for my unhappiness. No one else is. Only I can make myself happy." Everyone is responsible for his own feelings and state of affairs. Don't blame your bitter nature on someone who posts his ideas and stories on the internet which your shackled mind can't handle.

I'm posting a story now on this forum and may post a 2nd one. It is not intended for the regulars but if you can refrain from commenting, go ahead and read it cause it will help unthaw your mind. Nothing in life should be taken seriously or you will have endless stress. My stories are for myself and my friends to read. You take my advice in this post and try to become happy. Please! That is all.

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 54
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/25/2006 4:30:12 PM   
PimpYourAFV

KG Erwin, post your hate comments on the forum instead of sending them to me under the table schoolgirl style.

(in reply to PimpYourAFV)
Post #: 55
RE: An Ode to the Forum - 3/26/2006 2:59:05 AM   
Paul Vebber

THese sorts of threads alway make my eyes roll back in my head...

EVERYBODY taking part in the mutual flamefest needs to go have a beer or something, smell a rose, and take a dep breath.

TBT - aking an unpopilar opinion doesn't give you martyr status to start flame-bait threads like this. CUT IT OUT.

THe rest of you, disagreement doesn't make someone stupid, so CUTOUT the subtle digs, or don't complain when this is what you get in return.

I'm locking this thread, and hope that everbody can chill, take the respective chips off your shoulders, and stop the personal attacks all around.

(in reply to Puukkoo)
Post #: 56
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: An Ode to the Forum Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI