Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mouse Issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Mouse Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mouse Issue - 3/16/2006 4:56:27 AM   
diamok

Looked and searched around here but didn't see anything like this, so here's the quick on it.

Game installed fine, built in utils work fine, but when I boot up the actual game my mouse does not respond at all.

Example - I boot up to the game menu, then click on the "Play MaxFB" button, game loads up, intro movies come and go, main menu shows up all good and well, but my mouse point is sitting in the upper left corner of the screen. Upon trying to move the pointer, it just sits there, no response. I actually have to use my restart button as there is no minimizing out of MaxFB.

I am using an older Logitech cordless usb mouseman with up to date divers, I have the most up to date vid drivers for my GeForce 6600 GT, got DX 9.0c installed and have not had any issuses ever with this mouse in any app, game or prog I've used.

I messed with acceleration in my gpahics settings to see if that could be it, but nothing. Most likely not a pointer set as I use MS default.

Pretty stumped with this one, I've got a fairly killer box I'm running this on, meaning my system laughs at the min requirments. :) So really the only thing I can think of is an issue with a USB mouse. I'd try a different mouse, but haven't found any older ones laying around...yet.

Hmm, maybe AntiVirus software? Nah, that would be stupid.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions please post.

Take care,
Post #: 1
RE: Mouse Issue - 3/16/2006 4:59:02 AM   
diamok

Oh and I havn't gotten the patch yet, so this is the original release build.

Take care,

(in reply to diamok)
Post #: 2
RE: Mouse Issue - 3/16/2006 7:00:41 AM   
Erik Rutins

diamok,

Could you post a DxDiag file for us, using the instructions at the top of this forum please? Thanks.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to diamok)
Post #: 3
RE: Mouse Issue - 3/16/2006 8:05:32 PM   
diamok

I have been having some odd things going on with my system as of last night. Think my graphics card is showing up as a PCI, when I know it's an AGP. So today I installed a new motherboard to see if that had anything to do with it, my other MB didn't quite support my vid card and I know this one does. But alas, my card is still showing up as PCI. :(

I'll have to dive into this some more today to see what the deal is.

In any case, here's the dxdiag file.

Take care,

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by diamok -- 3/16/2006 8:08:14 PM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: Mouse Issue - 3/16/2006 10:20:28 PM   
Erik Rutins

diamok,

You might try using MSI's Live Update to download and reinstall the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard. I've only heard of something like that once before, when chipset drivers had become corrupted in some way. Thanks for posting the file, we will see if we can figure out what's causing the problem.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to diamok)
Post #: 5
RE: Mouse Issue - 3/16/2006 10:42:51 PM   
diamok

Yeah, was going to get on that when I'm in the mood to work on the system. I can use the box for most things I want too as it is, so I'm not to worried about the PCI/AGP thing right now. :)

Thanks for checking on that issue Erik.

Take care,

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Mouse Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI