Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions from a newcomer

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> Questions from a newcomer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions from a newcomer - 3/15/2006 6:42:05 PM   
Dario

Hi to all

I am a WITP newcomer: actually, I have just bought the game and haven’t played a single scenario yet (first, I have a couple of long UV scenarios to finish).

As I have done for Uncommon Valor, I am working on a huge graphic mod for aircrafts: I like to play with accurate profiles and UV and WITP plan views are ugly and toy-like (see my mods for UV at http://mathubert.free.fr/)

I am still collecting data and references and at the same time already working on allied plane profiles.

I am using the CHS version and I’d like to know a few infos:

I haven’t been able to identify some of the new planes:
- why there are two Brewster F-2 Buffalo Us Navy profiles (the original WITP one in pre-war colors and a new one in 1942 color)?
- are the new Mustang and Thunderbolt P-51H and P-47N models?

The missing ones:
I am glad to see all the planes added in the CHS mod (B-32 Dominators, P-43 Lancers, N1K Kyofus, etc.). Some of the new CHS entries never had operational life or never entered in service in the PTO (helicopters, F8f Bearcats, F7F Tigercats etc); some more could be added: P-80s are there but no Kikkas, J8M Shusuis, G8N Tenzans...)

A few more are missing: the following ones saw operational use:
Japanese: Kyushu Q1W Tokai (ASW, twin engined), Ki-115 Tsurugi (low cost , ‘special attack’ (=kamikaze)plane, got to series production -115 units (and would have been used against the Oympic invasion), M6A1 Seiran (submarine launched attack plane, unknown to the allies; a flotilla of Japanese subs embarking Seirans was going to launch a surprise attack on Ulithi Atoll when the war ended: the original objective was the Panama Canal).

Allied: RAAF Douglas Boston (used to be in UV, missing in WITP), Curtiss SO3C Seamews, SC1 Seahawks (both replacement of older embarked floatplanes like OS2U Kingfishers and SOC Seagulls).

Last but not least: there is a lot of rare and less known planes in WITP (Vildebeest, CW-22, Stanraer, etc); I have been able to find data and infos even about the elusive Dutch T-IVA, but there is one plane I haven’t been able to identify: I know it has not been introduced by the CHS mods, but, PLEASE, can someone tell me what the hell is the Soviet R12? I can’t even find a Soviet technical bureau (like Tupolev, Lavochin, Mikoyan & Gurevich, Polikarpov etc) beginning with ‘R’! Can anybody help me (infos, sources, technical drawings…)?

Dario
Post #: 1
RE: Questions from a newcomer - 3/15/2006 9:12:25 PM   
m10bob

Greetings Dario...If you bring talent you will be VERY welcome indeed. Nobody will stop you from making anything you want to make.
If you cannot find good pictures of certain planes,etc, I suggest you look in google.com and go to the images section and type in what you are looking for.
Also go to the thread in this form called "Research Sites.etc." which I started..
A lot of the old-timers have listed exact websites which will get you almost anywhere you will want to go..
If you like UV, you will LOVE WITP.....

< Message edited by m10bob -- 3/15/2006 9:14:58 PM >

(in reply to Dario)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions from a newcomer - 3/16/2006 3:51:38 PM   
Dario

Thank You, m10bob, but I already have a good documentation here at home, and I have already gone through a lot of websearch.

That damned Russian R12 (I hope I remember it right, I'm writing this from my office) has eluded all my efforts up to now- from the profile it looks a modern (for the war years) twin-engined, plane, not too different from Petilyakov Pe-2; I even considered the possibility of a reconnaissance (R?) version of the latter, coupled with a low quality profile drawing, but the cockpit line is quite different.

Dario

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 3
RE: Questions from a newcomer - 3/16/2006 4:08:31 PM   
el cid again

quote:

A few more are missing: the following ones saw operational use:
Japanese: Kyushu Q1W Tokai (ASW, twin engined), Ki-115 Tsurugi (low cost , ‘special attack’ (=kamikaze)plane, got to series production -115 units (and would have been used against the Oympic invasion), M6A1 Seiran (submarine launched attack plane, unknown to the allies; a flotilla of Japanese subs embarking Seirans was going to launch a surprise attack on Ulithi Atoll when the war ended: the original objective was the Panama Canal).

A number of planes were proposed for the next CHS - and while that didn't happen this time around - they will be in RHS. There will be a new CHS in a few weeks, and RHS is planned to release with it. The M6A1 is on both classes of submarines that carried it (I-12 and I-400). The Q1W1 is created along with radar - but not MAD as I don't know how to do that?
In addition, both sides get heavy transports, gliders, and some other planes of interest. For example, the G8N1 "Japanese B-17" can be built if you wish (which might also not be wise - it needs FOUR engines!). Some planes also converted. The LB-30 is now a transport - most were and those that were not ended up converted to that anyway. The G5N1 is the same - it is a transport - which is 100% true- it NEVER served as a bomber. The Empire Flying boat is converted to a transport version (only 2 were ever armed). And ALL flying boat transports on both sides are rated in such a way they can base on level zero airfields. Pete changed to a seaplane fighter - more or less true - sort of the precursor to the Rufe. Japanese (and many Allied) planes which had it gain radar. Etc.

(in reply to Dario)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> Questions from a newcomer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI