Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

v1.0.106 Beta Update Posted

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> v1.0.106 Beta Update Posted Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v1.0.106 Beta Update Posted - 3/8/2006 5:45:54 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi all,

We decided to make the v1.0.106 Beta update available while we finish up internal testing. Our current goal is to release v1.0.106 as the second official update by the middle of this week. We will then take stock and see what needs doing in the next update and decide on a release date for that, most likely in two or three weeks .

The v1.0.106 Beta update is now available in the Members' Club. Please note that this is not an official release update and if you would like to try it, it is provided "as is" and with no guarantees or support. Feel free to stay with the release version and wait for the official update if you prefer to play it safe.

Here's a list of what the v1.0.106 Beta addresses:

v1.0.106 – March 23rd, 2006
(Second Update)

Fixed:

1. Fixed a bug importing leagues. The importing of leagues from outside sources works again.
2. Fixed a problem with league standings being wiped away after a certain period of time. This only occurred if the league had divisions with no teams assigned to it.
3. Added some code to the create new season routines to remove any empty divisions and/or conferences. Empty Divisions and Conferences were causing a lot of problems with schedule generation as well as the game resetting standings. Now, once you start a new season, if any divisions or conferences are blank, they're removed before the rest of the season is generated.
4. Fixed the accumulation of statistics over the course of a season as well as career. Two very small typos in one small area of code were causing a tremendous amount of problems! Users are encouraged to reset their leagues so that these changes can properly take effect.
5. The game clock no longer runs during any point after TD attempts (single or two point).
6. Fixed a bug with the PDS that would prevent it from opening plays for edit if the computers regional settings were not set to North America. The game is not localized and this is a known issue detailed in the readme file. Customers are encouraged to read the readme file and set their regional settings to North America.
7. Addressed a couple of issues with field goals.
a. That missed field goals caught in the end zone but not returned were not giving a single point when that rule was in place.
b. On strange occasions, when a single point rule was not in place, a single point would still be awarded.
8. Addressed the problem of the clock not stopping at the end of a quarter, kick offs and punts not happening as the clock runs out, etc... lots of game clock problems have hopefully been solved.
9. Added some code to ensure that when teams are created they have default uniforms created.
10. Adjusted the RB logic a little bit so that they will run more north south when going through the gaps in the line. Previously sometimes the RB would get up to the line and immediately try to evade an oncoming LB and wind up going no place. Now an RB will at least try to move forward as much as they can.
11. Made some changes to the QB sack code that addresses the 'incomplete pass/tackled by' issue. Now an incomplete pass is only recorded when the QB is hit and his arm is moving forward. As well, no tackle is recorded in this event any more.
12. Fixed a bug in the DBEngine.DLL that would not load the teams for imported leagues into the PDS for use.
13. Fixed a bug in arcade mode and fielding punts. What was happening is that the user was in arcade mode and moving the KR toward the ball, this was causing problems because the non-human controlled player and the human controlled player were conflicting with each other as to which one was supposed to field the kick.
14. Fixed a bug with arcade mode and moving the selected player on the cover team.
15. Fixed bug with Canadian rule set in Quick play giving a team 3 time outs in a half, whereas it should be only a single time out in Canadian rules.
16. Reduced the chance of a fumble a bit.
17. Fixed a bug with custom leagues/teams not showing up in the utilities properly. This was caused by two (or more) teams in different leagues sharing the same internal ID number. This has been adjusted to use a combination of league ID and Team ID when displaying in the tree view window.
18. Reduced the punting ability so that punts are in around 40 to 47 yards.
19. Fixed bug with simulated games not advancing the quarter time after having played out a 3D game.
20. Fixed a field goal hang. If the field goal was missed, but the ball landed close enough to the player in the end zone, and the player actually caught the ball, the game would hang if the live field goal option was set to false.
21. At the request of users, I've upped the passing accuracy somewhat. Now the passing completion rate should be most affected by the defense rather than the QB missing the receiver (although, that still happens). The receiver’s ability to catch the ball will also effect this.
22. Fixed a bug that was introduced in build 1.0.100 that would cause the return of a missed, live field goal, to end the process without actually returning the missed kick.
23. Fixed a bug with the logic commands. Snap To was flagged as the last command to be executed and this was causing subsequent blocking commands to be ignored.
24. Fixed the Time Of Possession calculation.
25. Fixed a bug introduced in one of the previous builds that would prevent the safety animation from completing.
26. The accelerated clock should be fully functional now (computer play selection).
27. Made some changes to pass blocking so that there was less collapse on the LOS if the QB rolled out. One play in particular was showing this problem in Indoor rules.
28. From user requests, the arcade mode kicking has been changed. Previous to the change, the player’s skills would affect the kick the user was attempting to make. So even if the user looked like they'd pointed the arrow at the right place, the field goal could still be missed. After the change the kick accuracy and distance is completely up to the user now. The movement of the arcade kicking indicator has been sped up to make it more challenging.

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 3/27/2006 5:00:14 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: v1.088 Beta Update Posted - 3/8/2006 7:35:26 PM   
WinstonFatCat

can't find the patch, tried downloads and patches.....where is it.

Thanks

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: v1.088 Beta Update Posted - 3/8/2006 7:38:39 PM   
Erik Rutins

Winston,

1. Click on the "MEMBERS" link in the top nav bar.
2. Either create an account there or sign in with your existing account.
3. Register your Maximum-Football game using your serial number for it.
4. Check Registered Downloads and you should see the beta update.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to WinstonFatCat)
Post #: 3
RE: v1.088 Beta Update Posted - 3/9/2006 5:28:24 PM   
Erik Rutins

Please note, the v1.088 Beta has now been replaced by the v1.092 Beta in the Members' Club.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 4
RE: v1.088 Beta Update Posted - 3/10/2006 8:27:43 AM   
EF

Shouldn't an install of a patch already know I am registered without having to enter the serial number in each time I install a patch. Just a suggestion.

Post #: 5
RE: v1.088 Beta Update Posted - 3/10/2006 5:50:39 PM   
Erik Rutins

Sorry, this will stay as it is. The serial check is our only copy protection and is a minor inconvenience compared to many other types of copy protection methods. We do recommend storing the serial number in a safe place because it is used by all the installers, both full and update. Note also that on the physical copies, once those are available, the specific serial number for each copy is printed on the CD itself so that it's easy to keep track of.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to EF)
Post #: 6
RE: v1.088 Beta Update Posted - 3/11/2006 4:31:48 AM   
garysorrell

Works for me Erik...no problem with it. I have a big fat 900 page copy of Dan Ablans 'Inside Lightwave 8' with my MaxFB serial scribbled across the cover.

Really, the only questionable thing I do is NOCD hacks...hate having to use CDs to play.....lazy I guess. Fortunately MaxFB doesnt require that, at least the downloaded version. Its worth it to keep the serial handy to enjoy the benefit of not having to swap out CDs all the time.

Post #: 7
RE: v1.088 Beta Update Posted - 3/11/2006 10:11:23 AM   
Magnum357

Agreed. I have both my copy of MaxFB and the Serial key burned onto CD for Record keeping. Just helps protects my data better that way.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 8
RE: v1.088 Beta Update Posted - 3/12/2006 4:51:17 PM   
Ronman71

The download is not working. It goes to a blank page and then nothing happens.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 9
RE: v1.088 Beta Update Posted - 3/12/2006 10:03:32 PM   
Erik Rutins

Pease note, the v1.095 Beta is now available.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Ronman71)
Post #: 10
RE: v1.088 Beta Update Posted - 3/13/2006 4:01:26 AM   
Breeze

An idea for future reference: Maybe you could bold the issues that have been added to the fix list so we can easily tell what's new?

Post #: 11
RE: v1.095 Beta Update Posted - 3/16/2006 12:45:09 AM   
solops

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

The v1.096 Beta update is now available in the Members' Club.

I cannot find anything but the 1.095 update in the members area or anywhere else.

Post #: 12
RE: v1.095 Beta Update Posted - 3/16/2006 1:23:05 AM   
Erik Rutins

Sorry, that was a typo - should say v1.095, fixing now.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 13
RE: v1.095 Beta Update Posted - 3/17/2006 5:58:04 AM   
munstermash

How is the next update coming?

Post #: 14
RE: v1.095 Beta Update Posted - 3/17/2006 6:04:30 AM   
Erik Rutins

I'll be posting a new beta update tomorrow, stay tuned.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to munstermash)
Post #: 15
RE: v1.095 Beta Update Posted - 3/17/2006 11:04:26 AM   
Magnum357

Excellent!

Post #: 16
RE: v1.095 Beta Update Posted - 3/17/2006 4:31:51 PM   
Erik Rutins

Please note, the v1.096 Beta Update is now available. Those of you who are willing to try this, we are really looking for feedback on whether the stats and league standings fixes are working for you.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 17
RE: v1.095 Beta Update Posted - 3/17/2006 6:29:02 PM   
Shaggyra

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Please note, the v1.096 Beta Update is now available. Those of you who are willing to try this, we are really looking for feedback on whether the stats and league standings fixes are working for you.

Regards,

- Erik

WOO HOO! I'm going to go try it now!

Thanks. I'll report back soon!

Post #: 18
RE: v1.095 Beta Update Posted - 3/17/2006 11:35:21 PM   
Dolemite73

Where do we go to get the v1.096 update?

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 19
RE: v1.095 Beta Update Posted - 3/18/2006 12:50:53 AM   
frunky

Members section

These socks were made for walkin
So that's just what I'll do
One of these days these socks
Are gonna make you smell like poo

(in reply to Dolemite73)
Post #: 20
RE: v1.095 Beta Update Posted - 3/18/2006 1:10:21 AM   
Shaggyra

So far, so good. The standings have stayed and the statistics are being kept correctly. I should finish my first season tonight and move into a second season.

Looks VERY promising indeed.

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 21
RE: v1.095 Beta Update Posted - 3/18/2006 5:23:15 AM   
Dolemite73

I am looking in the members area and all I see is the 1.095 update. Am I looking in the right place?

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 22
RE: v1.095 Beta Update Posted - 3/20/2006 9:05:42 PM   
Erik Rutins

Please note, this is now updated to v1.0.0.101 Beta. The first post in this thread has been updated with the new change list.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Dolemite73)
Post #: 23
v1.0.0.101 Beta Update Posted - 3/20/2006 9:06:37 PM   
Erik Rutins

Bump with correct post subject.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 24
RE: v1.0.0.101 Beta Update Posted - 3/21/2006 3:57:28 AM   
Marauders

Erik, I do not see having the computer taking extra time off the clock prior to the snap listed as a feature. That feature was requested by myself as well as by other Maximum-Football community members; it looks to be working in this patch.

Nice!

< Message edited by Marauders -- 3/21/2006 3:59:20 AM >

Post #: 25
RE: v1.0.0.101 Beta Update Posted - 3/21/2006 5:27:09 AM   
David Winter

quote:

Erik, I do not see having the computer taking extra time off the clock prior to the snap listed as a feature. That feature was requested by myself as well as by other Maximum-Football community members; it looks to be working in this patch.

Nice!

That's because I didn't include it in my 'Claimed Fixed' report to Erik. I wasn't really finished with that part yet...which is why the T.O.P. has gone wacky.

Every build I send to Erik I include a 'Claimed Fixed' report. This doesn't mean at all that the items are fixed, just that I ~think~ I fixed them and they need to be looked at by the private testers. The private beta testers are the ones that can actually close the bug as being fixed.

So my fault. I should have warned Erik about the excellerated clock stuff not being ready for public consumption yet.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 26
RE: v1.0.0.101 Beta Update Posted - 3/21/2006 5:48:50 AM   
Marauders

quote:

So my fault. I should have warned Erik about the excellerated clock stuff not being ready for public consumption yet.

Ooops, sorry I brought it up. I noticed it, and I see that other community members had too. I hope that feature sticks and gets worked out.

I know you are trying to add a few things in the game while other things are getting fixed. Of course, sometimes the added things make their own problems before they are ready for prime time.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 27
RE: v1.0.0.101 Beta Update Posted - 3/25/2006 8:16:45 PM   
Erik Rutins

Just FYI, here's the list of changes in the latest internal beta. I'm hopeful we can make that a public beta tomorrow:

v1.0.106
(Second Update)

Fixed:

1. Fixed a bug importing leagues. The importing of leagues from outside sources works again.
2. Fixed a problem with league standings being wiped away after a certain period of time. This only occurred if the league had divisions with no teams assigned to it.
3. Added some code to the create new season routines to remove any empty divisions and/or conferences. Empty Divisions and Conferences were causing a lot of problems with schedule generation as well as the game resetting standings. Now, once you start a new season, if any divisions or conferences are blank, they're removed before the rest of the season is generated.
4. Fixed the accumulation of statistics over the course of a season as well as career. Two very small typos in one small area of code were causing a tremendous amount of problems! Users are encouraged to reset their leagues so that these changes can properly take effect.
5. The game clock no longer runs during any point after TD attempts (single or two point).
6. Fixed a bug with the PDS that would prevent it from opening plays for edit if the computers regional settings were not set to North America. The game is not localized and this is a known issue detailed in the readme file. Customers are encouraged to read the readme file and set their regional settings to North America.
7. Addressed a couple of issues with field goals.
a. That missed field goals caught in the end zone but not returned were not giving a single point when that rule was in place.
b. On strange occasions, when a single point rule was not in place, a single point would still be awarded.
8. Addressed the problem of the clock not stopping at the end of a quarter, kick offs and punts not happening as the clock runs out, etc... lots of game clock problems have hopefully been solved.
9. Added some code to ensure that when teams are created they have default uniforms created.
10. Adjusted the RB logic a little bit so that they will run more north south when going through the gaps in the line. Previously sometimes the RB would get up to the line and immediately try to evade an oncoming LB and wind up going no place. Now an RB will at least try to move forward as much as they can.
11. Made some changes to the QB sack code that addresses the 'incomplete pass/tackled by' issue. Now an incomplete pass is only recorded when the QB is hit and his arm is moving forward. As well, no tackle is recorded in this event any more.
12. Fixed a bug in the DBEngine.DLL that would not load the teams for imported leagues into the PDS for use.
13. Fixed a bug in arcade mode and fielding punts. What was happening is that the user was in arcade mode and moving the KR toward the ball, this was causing problems because the non-human controlled player and the human controlled player were conflicting with each other as to which one was supposed to field the kick.
14. Fixed a bug with arcade mode and moving the selected player on the cover team.
15. Fixed bug with Canadian rule set in Quick play giving a team 3 time outs in a half, whereas it should be only a single time out in Canadian rules.
16. Reduced the chance of a fumble a bit.
17. Fixed a bug with custom leagues/teams not showing up in the utilities properly. This was caused by two (or more) teams in different leagues sharing the same internal ID number. This has been adjusted to use a combination of league ID and Team ID when displaying in the tree view window.
18. Reduced the punting ability so that punts are in around 40 to 47 yards.
19. Fixed bug with simulated games not advancing the quarter time after having played out a 3D game.
20. Fixed a field goal hang. If the field goal was missed, but the ball landed close enough to the player in the end zone, and the player actually caught the ball, the game would hang if the live field goal option was set to false.
21. At the request of users, I've upped the passing accuracy somewhat. Now the passing completion rate should be most affected by the defense rather than the QB missing the receiver (although, that still happens). The receiver’s ability to catch the ball will also effect this.
22. Fixed a bug that was introduced in build 1.0.100 that would cause the return of a missed, live field goal, to end the process without actually returning the missed kick.
23. Fixed a bug with the logic commands. Snap To was flagged as the last command to be executed and this was causing subsequent blocking commands to be ignored.
24. Fixed the Time Of Possession calculation.
25. Fixed a bug introduced in one of the previous builds that would prevent the safety animation from completing.
26. The accelerated clock should be fully functional now (computer play selection).
27. Made some changes to pass blocking so that there was less collapse on the LOS if the QB rolled out. One play in particular was showing this problem in Indoor rules.
28. From user requests, the arcade mode kicking has been changed. Previous to the change, the player’s skills would affect the kick the user was attempting to make. So even if the user looked like they'd pointed the arrow at the right place, the field goal could still be missed. After the change the kick accuracy and distance is completely up to the user now. The movement of the arcade kicking indicator has been sped up to make it more challenging.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 28
RE: v1.0.0.101 Beta Update Posted - 3/26/2006 1:51:18 AM   
elmerlee

Eric,I must say you guys have been doing one whale of a job.You certainly deserve as much praise from this corner as the bitch*** I have done to this point.No matter what goes down from hear I will be strongly in Matrix corner as a proud MF owner.

Post #: 29
v1.0.106 Beta Update Posted - 3/27/2006 5:01:22 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi all,

The v1.0.106 Beta is now available in the Members' Club.

Elmerlee,

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> v1.0.106 Beta Update Posted Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI