Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Original "slow" sim option

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> Original "slow" sim option Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Original "slow" sim option - 3/5/2006 6:42:29 AM   
redwolf1

Please allow users the option to have the sim engine utilize the in-game engine (but non-graphical) as originally planned. It is certainly acceptable to have the sim engine take quite a bit longer to sim in game if it means that stats across the league will now be directly comparable (which they actually are not otherwise).

Hope you see the benefit of this.

:)
Post #: 1
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/5/2006 8:25:32 AM   
gambler

I completely agree. In addition, if there could be an option to 'Sim Remaining Games in the Week' if this "slow" sim option is used, that'd be just swell. ;)

(in reply to redwolf1)
Post #: 2
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/5/2006 8:07:29 PM   
craterus

yes - this would be a well received option

(in reply to gambler)
Post #: 3
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/5/2006 9:09:01 PM   
Dark Horse

Yeah, i'd like the "slow" sim put back in, also. If possible.

Everytime i call it a business you call it a game. But when i call it a game you call it a business!

(in reply to craterus)
Post #: 4
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/6/2006 1:55:12 AM   
armyofone

Yes, yes!

(in reply to Dark Horse)
Post #: 5
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/7/2006 5:04:51 AM   
frunky

Yes me too or have an option for both

These socks were made for walkin
So that's just what I'll do
One of these days these socks
Are gonna make you smell like poo

(in reply to armyofone)
Post #: 6
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/7/2006 9:15:37 PM   
GWsFBAStartOct292006

I agree

Slow- Watch every play described, with the sound of the game and profiles/game plans/plays. Like some versions of F.P.S.: F.B.P.,

Regular- With the sound of the game and profiles/game plans/plays. Like some versions of F.P.S.: F.B.P.,

Fast - No sound of the game and no profiles/game plans/plays, just super fast simming. Like some versions of F.P.S.: F.B.P., While, I would never use this option, I can understand why others prefer it; however, if I had to leave one out this would be it.

(in reply to frunky)
Post #: 7
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/7/2006 9:27:07 PM   
Marauders

quote:

Please allow users the option to have the sim engine utilize the in-game engine (but non-graphical) as originally planned. It is certainly acceptable to have the sim engine take quite a bit longer to sim in game if it means that stats across the league will now be directly comparable (which they actually are not otherwise).

By not having the orginal sim as an option, my league will have to run the games in real time. That was my conclusion when the new sim was announced.

(in reply to redwolf1)
Post #: 8
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/8/2006 2:25:39 AM   
Magnum357

I think I like GWsFBAStartOct292006 idea here. Instead of taking out the current "SIM" option we have now, it would be great to have 3 choices to simulate games.

1. Current "Watch" the game in Arcade mode to get results.

2. Bring back the old "Slow" SIM option that David had built before with its engine based on the Arcade engine (ie. 3D graphics and Physics)

3. Fast SIM mode that is currently in the game right now.

Football Pro had basically 3 types of SIMing like this and I think it worked well, especailly for people that didn't like the results of "Fast SIM" games.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 9
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/8/2006 7:18:09 AM   
Marauders

quote:

Football Pro had basically 3 types of SIMing like this and I think it worked well, especailly for people that didn't like the results of "Fast SIM" games.

That was what most of us wanted when this topic was brought up long ago on the old board. Experience with fast sims in other games made us a bit weary.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 10
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/8/2006 8:43:10 AM   
Maliki

That would be nice.

Even though i can't fully enjoy the game until i upgrade my computer,i've been messing around with other aspects.

I've been simming the default US football league,and one game caught my eye.First week,Houston versus..i can't remember right now.Houston was losing 33-0 going into the 4th,when they managed to pull off the greatest upset ever.They scored 37 points in the 4th quarter.Wow!

The endgame stats showed that they had a total of about 250 yards of offense compared to over 400 for the opposing team..and the only turnover of the game was by them.

Thats just not right.

"..if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away."

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 11
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/8/2006 9:06:16 PM   
Breeze

That might be just karma...after all, that Houston team's unis were based off the old Houston Oilers, who were on the business end of the greatest comeback in history - they were up 35-3 against the Bills but lost 41-38 in OT.

(in reply to Maliki)
Post #: 12
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/8/2006 9:28:12 PM   
Maliki

quote:

ORIGINAL: Breeze

That might be just karma...after all, that Houston team's unis were based off the old Houston Oilers, who were on the business end of the greatest comeback in history - they were up 35-3 against the Bills but lost 41-38 in OT.

Well i did forget to mention that there wasn't even a full quarter left.Its been a couple days,but off the top of my head i would say there was less than 6:00 minutes left.Not much to do during the sim but watch the clock and score,as the text scrolls by too fast.

That was just a really odd result.

"..if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away."

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 13
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/11/2006 10:40:54 PM   
Tbird

I just played an arena game for the first time and it was pretty good. Even tho it's not up to par with the real game I like the fact that you can run the ball as well as pass . The final score was 82-58 with 10 minute quarters. I then simmed 2 other games and the scores were 14-10 and 9-6 neither of the teams had over 100 yards rushing or passing.

So yea I would like the slow sim as well :)

No rush tho Dave
it's probably best to fix all existing bugs first

< Message edited by Tbird -- 3/11/2006 10:50:56 PM >

(in reply to Maliki)
Post #: 14
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/17/2006 6:59:59 PM   
steelcurtain

Have to just add a ditto....

The main reason I was excited about this game was the prospect of "real" sims. I don't care if my league stats aren't quite like the NFL, but I do care that my watch/played games compare to the simmed. Thats one of the biggest drawbacks to Madden, and was one of the great aspects of FBPro. If it takes 5-10 mins to sim no big deal.

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 15
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/18/2006 4:38:12 AM   
Tbird

I think he said it was 60 minutes with the slow sim
or maybe 90 minutes I can't remember

But it doesn't matter how long it is just bring it back

(in reply to steelcurtain)
Post #: 16
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/18/2006 4:38:02 PM   
steelcurtain

I was almost postive that David said when the graphics were turned off he had it down to about 5 min per game, but he thought that was still too long. 60-90 min would be nearly worthless for me since it doesn't take much longer than that to actually watch a game.

I do hope we get some info on whether this will be remotely possible for the near future (it seems like the most popular item on this wishlist). I'm holding off starting a league, because the sim stats are way off from the watched stats. I'm afraid if I play as is I'll start wondering why I'm playing this instead of madden or fbpro98.

It might be nice to get some understanding of how this current "fast sim" actually works. Does it actually use game physics at all or is it just a simple number crunch based on play types (i.e. does the game actually run the plays from the playbook or is it basically generating random stats based on personel and simple play types like run play middle vs 3-4 zone).

Keep up the good work David, I'm glad to be supporting this type of product even if it turns out that I'm not satisfied with the results.

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 17
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/19/2006 3:00:46 AM   
Magnum357

I sure hope David plans too bring back the old "Slow SIM" feature. I don't mind 5 minute SIMs of games, as long as the results are calculated just like if you had played the game yourself.

As for the Fast SIM games in it now, I would have to imagine most of it is probably just Math figues spitting out numbers much like a Text Based SIM.

Post #: 18
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/19/2006 11:23:37 PM   
Breeze

Yeah 5 minutes is not a huge deal. 60 minutes would be, but I remember the original FPS Football and having sims take an hour before we upgraded the RAM on our computer.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 19
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/21/2006 8:53:47 AM   
Tbird

I only had time to sim one game today and it was going slow

I'm not sure if it's what we we're asking for tho can anyone else confirm. I'll recheck tomorrow after work

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 20
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/21/2006 10:01:38 AM   
Marauders

Here is a link to an older thread regarding this:

"New" Sim Method

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 21
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/22/2006 4:28:56 AM   
steelcurtain

Heh, and in that thread David also didn't comment on the sim method...I don't think that's a good omen for the chances of this feature in the near future, but I'll add a begging smiley just it case it'll help

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 22
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/22/2006 4:35:44 AM   
Tbird

There was another thread where he talks about it
I think where it was first mentioned but it might've been on the old forums dunno

Post #: 23
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 3/22/2006 4:48:52 AM   
Marauders

quote:

There was another thread where he talks about it
I think where it was first mentioned but it might've been on the old forums dunno

I tried to look that one up, but I couldn't find it. I'll have to do another search.

As I recall, most of us on the old board were not all that happy that the sim method was going to be reworked. We were weary that the sim results would not be like the game results. Do you recall that as well, Tbird?

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 24
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 4/6/2006 7:52:08 AM   
BillT

".....I'm going to expand this dialog when I get around to putting the old simulated game system back in place. But for now, it just lets you select how many games you want to simulate at a time..... "

This is a quote from David when he released the test beta version .122
I hope this means he is going to put the slow sim back in the game. Has anyone heard anymore about this?

(in reply to redwolf1)
Post #: 25
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 4/6/2006 8:36:52 AM   
Tbird

Damm I can't believe I missed that heheheh

Can't wait

(in reply to BillT)
Post #: 26
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 4/6/2006 11:07:18 AM   
Magnum357

Well, that is very encouraging news that he is considering putting the old "Slow SIM" feature back into the game. Thanks Dave!

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 27
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 4/7/2006 4:29:07 AM   
steelcurtain

<steelcurtain craps his pants>

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 28
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 4/8/2006 4:19:49 AM   
frunky

I won't have to sim every game in the week's schedule WOO HOO!!!

These socks were made for walkin
So that's just what I'll do
One of these days these socks
Are gonna make you smell like poo

Post #: 29
RE: Original "slow" sim option - 4/29/2006 11:52:24 PM   
GlennN

Any news on whether this is in an upcoming patch?

(in reply to frunky)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> Original "slow" sim option Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI