Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Me Vs my ISP

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Me Vs my ISP Page: <<   < prev  38 39 [40] 41 42   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 1/7/2006 7:39:13 PM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

Everyone please note................Luskan is still a ratbrain......now he is posting someone else's combat report in MY AAR

I thought it didn't look right . . . aren't you lads in September '42 or thereabouts?

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 1171
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 1/8/2006 4:52:12 AM   
Luskan

Just a teaser until Raver sent me the turn.

In retrospect, I am wishing, wishing wishing that I'd had a good pearl harbour start to this game instead of the average 1 bb sunk I got.

The difference is in my willingness to send surface combatants toe to toe with allied ships in closed waters. Without 4 or 5 bbs (older sure - but still) I'd be willing to have a swing at places like noumea, colombo etc. Without knowing where most of the battlwagons are though, I don't know where I can find one or two all alone etc.

enjoy.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 03/09/43

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Mandalay , at 33,30

Allied aircraft
Beaufighter VIF x 12

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
10 x Beaufighter VIF bombing at 2000 feet
2 x Beaufighter VIF bombing at 2000 feet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Mandalay , at 33,30

Allied aircraft
Wellington III x 134
B-24D Liberator x 47

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
12 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
9 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
9 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
6 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
12 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
4 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
10 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
20 x B-24D Liberator bombing at 6000 feet
5 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
3 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
15 x B-24D Liberator bombing at 6000 feet
2 x Wellington III bombing at 6000 feet
9 x B-24D Liberator bombing at 6000 feet
3 x B-24D Liberator bombing at 6000 feet
Day Air attack on Kendari , at 33,71

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 3
Ki-43-IIa Oscar x 7

Allied aircraft
P-38G Lightning x 71

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 3 destroyed
Ki-43-IIa Oscar: 3 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-38G Lightning: 1 destroyed

Day Air attack on Paramushiro Jima , at 82,34

Allied aircraft
PB4Y Liberator x 6

Allied aircraft losses
PB4Y Liberator: 2 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x PB4Y Liberator bombing at 6000 feet
3 x PB4Y Liberator bombing at 6000 feet

With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 1172
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 1/8/2006 6:02:31 AM   
Raverdave

Well......just done my first turn with Luskan in some months now.........first off it took me about half an hour to remember what my password was, and then after looking at what had been sunk, I dearly wish that I had not remembered it. I am now trying to remember why I have lost 4 USN CVs.........going to have to read back through this AAR to find out what stupid move I have done. In my two other PBEMs I have only lost two CVs and they were both RN CV.

@ Capt. Harlock Nope it is March'43. Lots of nice new aircraft coming online.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 1173
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 1/8/2006 6:43:36 AM   
Ron Saueracker

You guys are really deep into the game. Any chance you could outline your supply situations? Thanks a bunch.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 1174
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 1/8/2006 12:32:09 PM   
Raverdave

Well I am really happy with MY supply situation......as the allies come '43 if you have not done anything really REALLY stupid then it is like falling into Aladin's cave.......suddenly you get all these shiny new aircraft that can actually shoot down the japs....heaps and heaps of ships.....so many in fact that there are times when I forget where some of the Tfs are and what they are doing heading towards some place. Also by this stage not only are all the rear bases choc-full of supplies and fuel, but so are the forward bases.

Luskan is going to get his head handed to him on a nice big shiny silver platter.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 1175
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 1/8/2006 12:34:50 PM   
Raverdave

quote:

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish

Perhaps the reason for the error is that the bananna is low on beer? It explains much in my life...

Not with ratbrain Luskan........HE works for a bloody brewery in real life !

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 1176
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 1/8/2006 2:20:43 PM   
Luskan

Supply situation eh? That would constitute a vast breach of operational security. But here is a bit of info on my supply in the past.

Well there have been 4 different supply disasters in this game so far, and now I'm aware of them they won't happen again in any other wars I happen to fight. Fortunately for me, if I loose a war here I can restart with the benefit of hindsight.

Supply problem 1.

As a result of my opening all out assault, combined with my opening expansion of certain key industries (mainly armament industries) by Feb 42 there were real forward supply problems. Ships that should have been hauling supply forward from day one (for bases I hadn't taken yet) were hauling troops forwards instead. This limited my forward airbase construction and squadron deployment schedules - not so much in the SRA but on the bay of Bengal, and in the Pacific I didn't have the supply for big airbases full of betties. In the pacific Raver was careful not to mess with me (he should have gone for pacific bases early on - instead of sending his CV's to swat at Kwajalein (cost him CVs) later in the game when I had corrected this error. If I'd solved this earlier, I would have scalped Raver's RN BBs, rather than just torpedoing a few and have them retire (a squadron of betties from bangkok IRC - instead of 4 squadrons of betties and some nells from all the Bay bases.).

Supply Issue 2.

When Raver upgraded to patches without telling me, he was a version ahead. This is a problem - if the game versions don't match up, for some reason jap transports can't load OIL!!!! Turn after turn I wasted with this bug, unable to load oil to get it home to make more supply and fuel. Happened several times before we figured it out. Unfortunately this crippled the home economy 3 (!) times.

Supply Issue 3. As a result of (2), there was not enough supply anywhere but China for my existing troops for almost 4 months of gameplay. This was a small contributing factor to my reluctance to invade Indonesia (the major factor was Raver's lies about having defenders lined up 1000 wide and 100 deep). Without Indonesia, again, less oil and resource to power my economy. Even if Raver had 1 000 000 men defending indonesia, the Jap player should go in with teeth bared regardless. This one really hurt my chances of winning.

Supply Issues 4. As a result of 2, then 3, Issue 4 was a lack of fuel at forward bases in the later game. More than a few of you asked: after Raver lost a CV at Kwaj, and had Enterprise damaged - why didn't you send everything in the arsenal out to Johnson Island to catch her? If I'd sent all my CVs, I would have outnumbered Raver 3 to 1 and crushed his entire CV fleet, instead of sinking 1 allied CV and loosing 3 of my own (bringing the totals to 2 allied sunk for 3 japs). I got lucky later evening this out a little - sure - but why didn't I send everything?

Of course I said that this was my reserve carrier fleet. Not actually true. They were my reserves, but when Raver ran into betties at Kwaj the two CV taskforces I had were sitting side by side in the same port. Unfortunately 1 was out of fuel and there was no more at the port because of the massive lack of forward fuel . . . the other taskforce had fuelled up a turn before - so was ordered to proceed independantly. We all know how that turned out!

Raver bombing oil dumps and things - has not affected my supplies one bit. My supply nightmares are born of my own mistakes and 1 irritating game bug that I was very slow to figure out (just get the patch you idiot!).

As for now, Home island supply is very well looked after - however a few over-effective allied bombing raids will end that. China is great too - elsewhere . . . that's classified.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 1177
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 1/10/2006 11:38:04 PM   
Oliver Heindorf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark VII

OK, that explains it. Was wondering who the hell Oli was. At first I thought it was Luskan's little 'love nickname" for Raver?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raverdave

Everyone please note................Luskan is still a ratbrain......now he is posting someone else's combat report in MY AAR

@ Raver : sorry mate, but nothing I could do about it. Luskan is just hot to sink my ships after I sunk nearly 20+ AK's at HIS base at Noumea... LOL, his base...his death trap imho. fyi : Luskan started this thread

@ Mark VII : its me. Mann ...Du hast die Haare schön...

< Message edited by Oliver Heindorf -- 1/11/2006 12:37:55 AM >

(in reply to Mark VII)
Post #: 1178
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 1/11/2006 1:55:38 AM   
Mark VII

Sorry Oliver, didn't realise that you and the Banana were in the middle of a Pacific death struggle.

"Mann ...Du hast die Haare schön". What ever that means??? Hope you were not to upset! Why don't you have one of those nice dark German beers on me.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oliver Heindorf

@ Raver : sorry mate, but nothing I could do about it. Luskan is just hot to sink my ships after I sunk nearly 20+ AK's at HIS base at Noumea... LOL, his base...his death trap imho. fyi : Luskan started this thread

@ Mark VII : its me. Mann ...Du hast die Haare schön...

(in reply to Oliver Heindorf)
Post #: 1179
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 1/11/2006 9:30:52 AM   
Oliver Heindorf

np buddy why should I be upset? no one on earth can know all the battles going on with witp Die Haare schön...just a really silly song from the summer season...nothing special/serious about it. cheers !

Raver, please do not be toooo hard with the banana or he whip me in my game hehehe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark VII

Sorry Oliver, didn't realise that you and the Banana were in the middle of a Pacific death struggle.

"Mann ...Du hast die Haare schön". What ever that means??? Hope you were not to upset! Why don't you have one of those nice dark German beers on me.

edit spelling

(in reply to Mark VII)
Post #: 1180
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 1/11/2006 12:53:37 PM   
Raverdave

I have to be hard with the banana as he is ahead in our games tally IIRC he has won 2 UV games to my 1 I am going to kick his yellow arse all over the Pacific.

Post #: 1181
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 1/11/2006 9:18:17 PM   
Oliver Heindorf

quote:

I have to be hard with the banana as he is ahead in our games tally IIRC he has won 2 UV games to my 1 I am going to kick his yellow arse all over the Pacific.

I wish you all the best mate !
unfortunatly, we are battling one of the finest witp players on earth and we need to be hard as krupp-stahl, tough as leather and smart like a desert-fox

while waiting for another turn of the way-toooo-sloooowwwww banana boy, you may want to post what you think what his biggest/costly errors in your game were.

I had Luskan coming up with a few CA's, CL's and DD's near Suva, bombing Suva base. planes were removed . At Nandi I had a VSMB squadron there...he lost 1 CA and I crippled another CA. the cripple is now at Noumea and I pounded the ship to 99 SYS imho. very funny.

your impressions ?

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 1182
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 1/12/2006 1:43:00 PM   
Raverdave

Luskan's two big mistakes were as follows:-

First...he fell for the trap of being taken in by my ...er..."mis-information" reagrding what I was going to do in the DEI, rather than actually doing recon to find out the truth....this cost him about three months which gave me the time to build up PNG and North Australia.

Second mistake follows from the first....failing to take PM.....this is vital as the jap player as it stalls the allies who have to first re-take PM before they move forward.

Also he should have taken Akyab....this base is now a major pain in his arse

Oliver Heindorf what version of the game are you currently running?

Post #: 1183
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 1/12/2006 9:49:28 PM   
Oliver Heindorf

quote:

Oliver Heindorf what version of the game are you currently running?

the last official version : 1.6, Sir Raver.

reading through the beta threads doenst increase my motivation using them at all, so I decided to stick with the official matrix stuff.

Ah, Akyab. Luskan took it here but only after he took awful losses. about 8 transports are gone there and one Brigade was not enough, I ripped them apart there...another brigade went ini...bang. he got it. but only after he lost 8+ transports and same number damaged. some mines here and there do wonders

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 1184
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 1/21/2006 7:40:09 AM   
Luskan

Wow. Slow the pace of play and posting down and this AAR ends up on page 3!

Waiting on a turn from dog breath. First turn back after such a long break really does take a long time.

Post #: 1185
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 1/21/2006 2:37:46 PM   
Raverdave

I've sent the turn.......it's been that long that I could not remember where I saved it too ;)

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 1186
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 1/22/2006 8:59:52 AM   
Luskan

Raver's bombers are finally flying in thunderstorms . . . and copping it.

He took out 7 of my planes on the ground, but no pilots.

He lost 14 planes - and probably 10 pilots ;).

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 1187
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 1/22/2006 1:42:33 PM   
Raverdave

Bah humbug..........and Luskan has lost over half of his Zeros on the ground...........flying in thunderstorms is worth the effort.

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 1188
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 1/24/2006 2:05:31 PM   
Luskan

PEARLHARBOUR. Cold (weather). An example of it would be - "It's a bit Pearl Harbour" out there (ie. there's a nasty nip in the air)

Post #: 1189
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 2/1/2006 11:50:02 PM   
Oliver Heindorf

?

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 1190
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 2/2/2006 11:02:48 AM   
Raverdave

Buggered if I know whats he is on about I just wish he would send me my turn !

Post #: 1191
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 2/2/2006 11:16:07 AM   
Sneer

you will get mine soon don't worry

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 1192
? - 2/2/2006 10:42:03 PM   
Oliver Heindorf

!

(in reply to Sneer)
Post #: 1193
RE: ? - 3/3/2006 10:50:49 PM   
wworld7

Hi, I was just wondering how things were going here? I've followed this puppy from the beginning.

Flipper

Post #: 1194
RE: ? - 3/4/2006 9:11:47 AM   
Raverdave

don't know. I sent the turn too banana boy about two weeks ago and have had nuffink back.

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 1195
RE: ? - 3/5/2006 1:25:18 AM   
Oliver Heindorf

same here. game seems to be terminated. All I know is that Luskan has a new job and needs to travel alot on the 5th continent now.

but my last turn is now nearly 5 weeks ago too.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 1196
RE: ? - 3/5/2006 10:48:24 AM   
Raverdave

Yeah it's a shame....I had him cold.

Post #: 1197
AWOL - 3/12/2006 10:24:45 AM   
Raverdave

Still no sign of the banananananana boy.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 1198
RE: AWOL - 3/12/2006 11:06:21 PM   
wworld7

quote:

Still no sign of the banananananana boy.

Earth to Bananna Boy...where are you?

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 1199
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 3/27/2006 9:06:41 PM   
Oliver Heindorf

mailed to the banana - he usually replies within 48 hours.

its now 7 days ago - no sign of life. holy §$%%

Post #: 1200
Page:   <<   < prev  38 39 [40] 41 42   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Me Vs my ISP Page: <<   < prev  38 39 [40] 41 42   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI