Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Starting out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Starting out Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Starting out - 3/30/2006 10:40:14 PM   
jtnlange

What is a good starting stratgy? What do you try to hit first? One of the things I like is that there is so much to do, just kinda of hard to sort it out. I am starting a long campaign and I just want something of a way to figure it all out

Trevor
Post #: 1
RE: Starting out - 3/31/2006 1:57:03 PM   
langley

At the start due to the short range of your fighters I tend to a range of targets. In Northwest Europe I go for oil, Chemical and electric power stations. Then target the rail system and area bombing as well. Take your time and work up to long range strikes into the heart of Germany.

Thats my method anyhow!

MJT

"My God, I hope you don't blame me for this. I had no idea where you were."
Air Vice-marshal Pulford upon the loss of "Force Z"

(in reply to jtnlange)
Post #: 2
RE: Starting out - 3/31/2006 2:41:57 PM   
Hard Sarge

the biggest and HARDest thing to learn, is it is a long game, take your time, when you get decent weather try and do as much damage as you can, there are many targets that are close in and with in range of your excourts

the AI and the human, player tend to try and stay close to the coast, I really think this may be a bad idea in the new game

as time goes on, you will get stronger and stronger, then is when you got to watch, as you will want to do too much too soon

(in reply to langley)
Post #: 3
RE: Starting out - 4/1/2006 9:46:07 PM   
madflava13

I don't know how the new game will change things, but at first, I just bombed everything in France as my units build up experience and strength... Then start mixing in some raids deeper.

For targets, I always liked hitting Ports, Electric and Rubber as much as possible.

"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 4
RE: Starting out - 4/3/2006 1:40:30 AM   
HMSWarspite

I'm with Madflava as well, but add Aluminium. I like to hit any industry that has a few big plants. The snag is a couple of them (like Chem) demand a bit of a tour of Ge - like to AGFA at Berlin! (SO I wait a bit for that). Mind you - make that an aiming point for Belin BC night raids, and sooner or later you are going to hit it (slow though, I have missed it with 4 nights big raids before now!)

If you want have fun, why not try the BB raids!

I have a cunning plan, My Lord

(in reply to jtnlange)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Starting out Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI