Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Austria liberates, err, "water" and more

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback >> Austria liberates, err, "water" and more Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Austria liberates, err, "water" and more - 4/3/2006 12:56:05 AM   
Wellesley

Hi there,

Something confusing which I think is a bug.

Playing France (doh...) in 1796, just beat the hell outta Austria. But one turn before Austria offers a surrender, I notice in the 'Events'-screen that Austria has proposed a coalition to Russia and Prussia, both of whom had the misfortune of being at war with me anyway.

Moving on: sure enough, next turn Austria surrenders. I get to write up terms of surrender.

Piedmont had already surrendered so as terms of surrender I demand liberation by Austria of Liguria and Lombardy, and the ceding of Palatinate, to which they agree. 'Treaty of Strasbourg' is sent for ratification.

Click 'Next Turn' and see that in the 'Events' screen, Austria, Russia and Prussia have ratified coalition agreement.

Click 'Next Turn' and sure enough, Austria has ratified the terms of surrender.

But to my astonishment, Palatinat, Liguria and Lombardy remain Austrian, while they have liberated...
-North Atlantic
-Norwegian Sea
-Irish Sea
-Oh hell, enter name of all seas here
-water
-eof

So now what must I do? Austria is now a member of a coalition, which was designed against me anyway, but is at peace with me, and instead of ceding the province and liberating the other provinces, to which they agreed, I'm at a loss now. Am I still at war? No, we're at peace, or so the Diplomacy screen tells me, and they've liberated all the world's oceans.

Somebody help?
Post #: 1
RE: Austria liberates, err, "water" and more - 4/3/2006 3:45:42 AM   
mogami

Hi, Headline Vienna Bladdervetter "Austria invents Freedom of the Seas"
Bad bug. Reload autosave before event occured. If repeats send save to Ericbabe

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to Wellesley)
Post #: 2
RE: Austria liberates, err, "water" and more - 4/11/2006 5:52:13 PM   
ericbabe

Thanks for the report on this. Sorry I didn't respond earlier but I somehow overlooked this post (sometimes the unread-thread highlighting doesn't seem to work for me on the forum).

We have fixed several "little" bugs that allowed provinces to acquire an "original player" value of 0. I think in your case what happened is that the Palatinate must have gotten original player 0 and then when it was ceded all the things belonging to player 0 -- like all the sea zones -- were transfered as well. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update (which I hope to get out soon... the new TCP/IP routines are taking much longer than I ever anticipated.)

(in reply to mogami)
Post #: 3
RE: Austria liberates, err, "water" and more - 4/13/2006 7:55:08 PM   
Wellesley

Hi Eric,

Aha... But he're the real kicker: none of the provinces were ceded, only sea zones. So while Austria ratified the terms of surrender, all provinces stayed with Austria and I got all sea zones instead.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 4
RE: Austria liberates, err, "water" and more - 4/13/2006 9:08:02 PM   
mogami

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

Thanks for the report on this. Sorry I didn't respond earlier but I somehow overlooked this post (sometimes the unread-thread highlighting doesn't seem to work for me on the forum).

We have fixed several "little" bugs that allowed provinces to acquire an "original player" value of 0. I think in your case what happened is that the Palatinate must have gotten original player 0 and then when it was ceded all the things belonging to player 0 -- like all the sea zones -- were transfered as well. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update (which I hope to get out soon... the new TCP/IP routines are taking much longer than I ever anticipated.)

Hi, Don't give up. I know other persons might have other priorities but for me if TCP/IP is fixed then everything else is fine. All my problems have to do with the AI and in TCP/IP games thats not a problem. I'll only play online once that works without problems.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback >> Austria liberates, err, "water" and more Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI