Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

play with all world in flames addons

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> play with all world in flames addons Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
play with all world in flames addons - 3/19/2006 7:34:37 AM   
tigercub

how many out there have play with all the world in flames extra bits like convoy,leaders in flames...? because when this is finnish it will be one hell of a war game.my self only played
with world in flames. ver1

< Message edited by tigercub -- 3/19/2006 7:35:35 AM >

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
Post #: 1
RE: play with all world in flames addons - 3/19/2006 10:00:04 AM   
composer99

I've played with most of the chrome, although I have not played with Politics in Flames (except for the extra units) or Leaders in Flames (except for the extra units). I have played Days of Decision, but neither Patton in Flames nor America in Flames (except I have played with the PatiF/AiF heavy units in regular WiF).

~ Composer99

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 2
RE: play with all world in flames addons - 3/20/2006 5:59:25 PM   
Matt242

Same as composer99.

Generally we use to play "Deluxe". That's enough for 5 players.
Sometimes we return to classic but these are just ventures to assure ourselves that the 1D10 CRT really sucks. ww2 was not a matter of luck solely...
2D10 CRT in deluxe favors the attacker ("Gauss'sche Normalverteilung" with two dice), but that's what the war was: quick and dirty movement war.

Really looking forward to play DoD III soon.
And Computer-WiF of course.

(in reply to composer99)
Post #: 3
RE: play with all world in flames addons - 3/21/2006 2:32:37 AM   
stewart_king

I played two campaign games through (to an apparent victory, one in 1942 the other 1945) using DOD II+ (our own revision, then the DoD III playtest rules that were posted online) and the standard Deluxe rules with planes and ships in flames. We looked at leaders in flames but decided that it was too much hassle. I don't own the more recently produced modules (convoys). That was enough chrome for us.

(in reply to Matt242)
Post #: 4
RE: play with all world in flames addons - 3/22/2006 1:09:18 PM   
tigercub

is there anyone how has playing with all the expandions?

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 5
RE: play with all world in flames addons - 3/22/2006 6:08:20 PM   
mlees

I think most players pick and choose those options/expansions that they are most used to, and/or most interested in simulating.

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 6
RE: play with all world in flames addons - 3/22/2006 7:48:39 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: tigercub

is there anyone how has playing with all the expandions?

Older add-ons are more likely to have been played by more people. Those from the last 8 years, less so.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 7
RE: play with all world in flames addons - 3/29/2006 6:21:11 PM   
lomyrin

Just noticed that ADG has now issued a new CD Companion that includes all the countersheets, maps, updated rules, and the Line Of Communications issues, and has links to the LOC Vichy rules.

Lars

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 8
RE: play with all world in flames addons - 4/5/2006 6:46:41 AM   
TheDishwasher

We play with most add-ons except Leaders (other than the units) and Convoy (again, other than the units). We also use the units from Patton and America and have played a couple of AiF games (mostly while play testing yet again). We also played an awful lot of DoD while we were play testing the version 3 rules but haven't done so again in a couple of years now.

Actually, I remember Harry coming around and setting up his very first test version of America in Flames in my garage. It was amusing playing with mostly drawn on counters .... ahhh, memories! :)

(in reply to lomyrin)
Post #: 9
RE: play with all world in flames addons - 4/6/2006 5:44:07 AM   
tigercub

I am asking the question because the computer world in flames will have most mods with it and i dont know how it will go.Its going to be a hand full but lots of fun i would think!

(in reply to TheDishwasher)
Post #: 10
RE: play with all world in flames addons - 4/6/2006 7:15:44 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: tigercub

I am asking the question because the computer world in flames will have most mods with it and i dont know how it will go.Its going to be a hand full but lots of fun i would think!

The only add-ons that are built into MWIF pertain to the extra maps (e.g., Africa Aflame) and Ships in Flames (you get the extra ships whether you want them or not).

All the other add-ons, and their accompanying rules, are included in the 80 optional rules. You can select the ones you want. Perhaps start with few or none and build your way up to all 80?

There are two default sets of optional rules: (1) Standard - intended for players who are new to WIF, and (2) Advanced - which includes most of the options experienced WIF players use. Both of these sets of options were critiqued by members of this forum, with me making the final judgment.

It is easy to set up your own personal default set too. That way, you decide what you like once, save it as your personal default, and just select personal default when you start a new game.

Steve

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 11
RE: play with all world in flames addons - 4/6/2006 12:54:07 PM   
Froonp

quote:

The only add-ons that are built into MWIF pertain to the extra maps (e.g., Africa Aflame) and Ships in Flames (you get the extra ships whether you want them or not).

And Planes in Flames too is mandatory part of MWiF.
And Mech in Flames too, with corps sized units out of the game in a mandatory manner, and DIV sized units subject to options' choices as Steve said.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 12
RE: play with all world in flames addons - 4/6/2006 2:03:38 PM   
tigercub

for the most part most optional rules will be on for me and my long time axis of evil friend Russ,WHO thinks Germany is too strong.

ps.i will say to him that is what the optional rules are for!

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 13
RE: play with all world in flames addons - 4/6/2006 2:05:03 PM   
Matt242

Oh, no "classic" at all?

Why this? Has it proven to be unplayable in MWiF?

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 14
RE: play with all world in flames addons - 4/6/2006 8:43:31 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Froonp
quote:

And Planes in Flames too is mandatory part of MWiF.
And Mech in Flames too, with corps sized units out of the game in a mandatory manner, and DIV sized units subject to options' choices as Steve said.

Pilots are optional. So what Patrice means is you get the additonal planes.

Steve

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 15
RE: play with all world in flames addons - 4/6/2006 8:55:28 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matt242
Oh, no "classic" at all?

Why this? Has it proven to be unplayable in MWiF?

This discussion is hard to do because of the changing vocabulary. WIF players are used to thinking in terms of add-ons. MWIF has taken the earlier add-ons (Ships in Flames, Planes, in Flame, Africa Aflame, Asia Aflame, ...) and broken them into component parts: maps, units, rules.

The additional maps are subsumed into the unified global map.

The additional units are included automatically unless they depend on revised rules. That means that the Siberians, the Queens, divisions, artillery, etc. are included only if the corresponding optional rules have been selected.

In the case of the basic naval and air units, it was decided (by others before me, but I agree with the decision) to simply include the extra counters - there's no extra charge!

Where adding counters would change the rule set, then they are made ooptional. That is one of the main reasons there are 80 optional rules - to accommodate all the different counters types. There are roughly 70 different unit types in MWIF.

If you turn off almost all the options, you will get very close to a "Classic" game. There will be differences, but (in my opinion) they will be minor. It is a goal of MWIF to enable the players to play a classic version of WIF. Whether we succeed or not can be argued (as I am sure it will - though not by me, I have other work to do).

Steve

(in reply to Matt242)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> play with all world in flames addons Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI