Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Load a Map for Editor doesn't work

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Load a Map for Editor doesn't work Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Load a Map for Editor doesn't work - 4/7/2006 1:34:43 AM   
Baterja_6

Hey all, I am glad to see this game is still going. I re-downloaded it last week after not playing for a few years.

Anyhow, I am having trouble with loading a map to create a battle on. Now they all show up on the list, but when I click on it, nothing shows up on the window to the left of the list, and when I go to deploy, it isn't the map I wanted either. Is there something I should have done when I installed the game, perhaps unzip a map package or something? Thanks in advance, I look forward to coming to this forum more often.
Post #: 1
RE: Load a Map for Editor doesn't work - 4/7/2006 3:54:22 PM   
IBTyrone

Hi Baterja.

I just double checked it using mine and it worked okay for me. Let me walk you through the steps I used to pull up the maps.

1. Start the game
2. Click on Solitaire Play
3. Click on Editor
4. Under Map, click on Load
5. Click Next until you find the map you want. (I clicked down one screen and selected NA-Large Coastal Town Map05)
6. Click Continue
7. Under Map, click Edit
8. Make your changes
9. Click on the floppy disk in the lower right hand corner to save the map changes.

Hope this helps.

(in reply to Baterja_6)
Post #: 2
RE: Load a Map for Editor doesn't work - 4/7/2006 4:57:00 PM   
FlashfyreSP

If the map has no associated text file, you won't see anything in the left pane. And if the map .dat file has been changed, but not the .cmt file, then the name of the map will not match the actual map.

(in reply to IBTyrone)
Post #: 3
RE: Load a Map for Editor doesn't work - 4/8/2006 3:14:19 AM   
Baterja_6

Thankyou for your responses fellows.

IBTyrone, I did everything just as you listed, even the same map, and still no success.

FlashfyreSP, I haven't done any changes to the game, other than apply patches 8.3 and 8.4. Do you suppose these may have something to do with it?

Thanks again.

(in reply to FlashfyreSP)
Post #: 4
RE: Load a Map for Editor doesn't work - 4/8/2006 4:41:18 AM   
FlashfyreSP

It's possible. IIRC, there are some maps that got "mixed up" between the various upgrades. Another thing you should do is check the Map folder to see if the correct files for the map you want are in there. Each map has 2(3) files: a pzmapxxx.cmt file (the 'comment' file w/map name: required), a pzmapxxx.dat file (the 'data' file w/the actual map info: required), and a pzmapxxx.txt file (the 'info' file w/a description of the map: optional).

If the file datestamps for the .cmt and .dat files don't match, chances are the map is corrupt. The name won't match the actual map. The text file may or may not have the same datestamp; these files are not created by the game, but by the designer, and may be made long after the actual map is created.

(in reply to Baterja_6)
Post #: 5
RE: Load a Map for Editor doesn't work - 4/8/2006 5:18:46 AM   
Baterja_6

Ok I was checking to see if there were the 2 or 3 types of files and there were only the .cmt files. Then I noticed a zip file located in the Maps folder, so I unzipped it and there are all the maps with all of the .cmt and .dat files and some text files.

Thanks for your assistance.

**Edit** What I also meant to say is that everything works fine now lol.

< Message edited by Baterja_6 -- 4/8/2006 5:19:27 AM >

(in reply to FlashfyreSP)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Load a Map for Editor doesn't work Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI