Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No passing indoor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> No passing indoor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No passing indoor - 4/9/2006 10:45:18 PM   
garysorrell

I just watched a couple cpu v cpu games...saw no passes, just lots of scrambling by the qb and handoffs.

Using the default playbook.

Latest patch is installed.

< Message edited by garysorrell -- 4/9/2006 11:05:31 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: No passing indoor - 4/10/2006 2:44:12 AM   
Magnum357

Apparently, the latest patch has a huge amount of QB scrambles in the game. From what I understand, people complained that there was not enough scrambling in the game (personally, I though it was fine, my QB scrambled once in a while) so David pumped up the percentage chance of a QB scramble occuring. Now, they scramble way more then they pass.

Personally, I would like to see David add in a "QB Scramble" Game play setting in the MainData.mdb file so that people could adjust the percentage chance of a scramble themselves. Football Pro 99 use to have this ability in its .ini files and was quite handy to get the number of Pass Plays versus QB Scrambles in a game.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 2
RE: No passing indoor - 4/10/2006 3:53:03 AM   
garysorrell

I remember people asking about that, and David tweaking it. It seems the QB takes maybe 1 look and he is off and running.

I watched a CFL rules game and there seemed to be a fair amount of passing.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 3
RE: No passing indoor - 4/10/2006 5:07:23 AM   
steelcurtain

I'm glad he tweaked it, but yeah its a bit too far. When a 19 PPR QB runs a lot thats expected, but I had a game with a 97 PPR QB where he ran more then he passed. Just needs a bit more tweakin'...

Post #: 4
RE: No passing indoor - 4/11/2006 1:12:37 AM   
Magnum357

Ya, I agree. I think it definitly needs to come down to much lower levels.

Like I said above, I wish David would add some sort of setting to the game that allows us to control the amount of QB Scrambles to occur during a Pass play.

(in reply to steelcurtain)
Post #: 5
RE: No passing indoor - 4/11/2006 2:42:56 AM   
Erik Rutins

This appears to be regarding the beta update, moving it there.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 6
RE: No passing indoor - 4/11/2006 3:55:36 AM   
Marauders

quote:

I would like to see David add in a "QB Scramble" Game play setting in the MainData.mdb file

There are two threshold controls that affect this: QBRead_Threshold and QBScramble_Threshold. They are being tweaked.

Note that v1.0.121 was released as a public beta release. Beta releases often have things added that need to be tested.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 7
RE: No passing indoor - 4/11/2006 6:11:40 AM   
garysorrell

Well, I upped the QB Threshold thingy from 2.5 to 4.5, and this is what I got. Score is high for 15min qtrs, but it is how indoor football should be..it was a cpu v cpu...had fun watching

I only let it play thru about 13min or so of the first quarter.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by garysorrell -- 4/11/2006 6:13:59 AM >

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 8
RE: No passing indoor - 4/11/2006 6:13:25 AM   
garysorrell

I saw lots of passes thrown on the run by the QBs, occasional runs, and a QB keeper for a TD.

All in all a darn fine representation of indoor goodness.
I think return yards are being recorded as rush yds, the 100yd rusher was my return man....ran one back for a td.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by garysorrell -- 4/11/2006 6:15:17 AM >

Post #: 9
RE: No passing indoor - 4/11/2006 12:31:08 PM   
Magnum357

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

There are two threshold controls that affect this: QBRead_Threshold and QBScramble_Threshold. They are being tweaked.

Note that v1.0.121 was released as a public beta release. Beta releases often have things added that need to be tested.

Hey Marauder, when were these Thresholds added to the MainData.mdb file because I never heard of them before. Where they add in Beta Patch 1.0122 or has it not been implemented yet? When I made my DataConstant Utility on www.fbmax.com I didn't see these two types of Thresholds and wonder if I need to update my utility.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 10
RE: No passing indoor - 4/11/2006 3:43:58 PM   
Marauders

quote:

... were these Thresholds added to the MainData.mdb file ...?

There are now three QB constants in the MainData.mdb file: QBRead, QBScramble, and QBBasePassin. I am not sure which build started having three QB constants rather than one.

quote:

Where they add in Beta Patch 1.0122 or has it not been implemented yet?

Note that I am working with the latest private beta build, so I am not sure when they were added. I have been testing the defensive coverage changes in the PDS, and I really have not checked on this prior to now.

< Message edited by Marauders -- 4/12/2006 7:01:14 AM >

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 11
RE: No passing indoor - 4/11/2006 3:51:53 PM   
Marauders

quote:

Well, I upped the QB Threshold thingy from 2.5 to 4.5, and this is what I got. Score is high for 15min qtrs, but it is how indoor football should be..it was a cpu v cpu...had fun watching

Do you have the added indoor defensive plays downloaded from this board? They now need to be tweaked because of some changes made to the defensive logic, but they help cut down on some uber plays as they are.

Post #: 12
RE: No passing indoor - 4/11/2006 10:58:04 PM   
Deltadog

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

quote:

I would like to see David add in a "QB Scramble" Game play setting in the MainData.mdb file

I see the QBRead_Threshold in the MainData.mdb file, but not the QBScramble_Threshold. Is this second setting somewhere the user can access it?

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 13
RE: No passing indoor - 4/12/2006 1:49:09 AM   
Magnum357

Marauder, thanks for the info. I will have too look into updating my DataConstant Utility at www.fbmax.com to allow the user to edit all 3 options for the QB.

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 14
RE: No passing indoor - 4/12/2006 3:21:27 AM   
garysorrell

Marauders, yep...I have those plays. Been using them since you first put them out

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 15
RE: No passing indoor - 4/12/2006 5:38:13 AM   
Deltadog

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magnum357

Marauder, thanks for the info. I will have too look into updating my DataConstant Utility at www.fbmax.com to allow the user to edit all 3 options for the QB.

I have opened the MainData.mdb file using access instead of the DataConstant Utility and I have installed the latest patch .122 and still see only one QB setting.

The following is a report I printed of the DataConstants table using access and converted to a txt file. Formatting will be lost, but the available field are shown.

Apparently I can only attach the txt file and not embed it so I will also copy and past.

DataConstants

BlockingBaseLine 0.5

BlockingPassBlock 3
Time

BlockingPushBlock 1.2
Time

BlockingPassBlock 1.5
Strength

BlockingPushBlock 1.75
Strength

BlockPancakeThre 0.15
shold

TackleThreshold 15

PhysicsBaseMoveS 6
peed

PhysicsBaseAgility 0.11

PhysicsMaxChange 1
DirTime

DefenseBaseM2M 3

CoverageArea
FieldGoal_Threshold 0.08

QBRead_Threshold 3.2

If you are able to locate the other settings, please advise where they are.

Thanks

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Deltadog -- 4/12/2006 5:42:42 AM >

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 16
RE: No passing indoor - 4/12/2006 6:26:55 AM   
Deft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deltadog

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magnum357

I have opened the MainData.mdb file using access instead of the DataConstant Utility and I have installed the latest patch .122 and still see only one QB setting.

The following is a report I printed of the DataConstants table using access and converted to a txt file. Formatting will be lost, but the available field are shown.

Apparently I can only attach the txt file and not embed it so I will also copy and past.

DataConstants

BlockingBaseLine 0.5

BlockingPassBlock 3
Time

BlockingPushBlock 1.2
Time

BlockingPassBlock 1.5
Strength

BlockingPushBlock 1.75
Strength

BlockPancakeThre 0.15
shold

TackleThreshold 15

PhysicsBaseMoveS 6
peed

PhysicsBaseAgility 0.11

PhysicsMaxChange 1
DirTime

DefenseBaseM2M 3

CoverageArea
FieldGoal_Threshold 0.08

QBRead_Threshold 3.2

If you are able to locate the other settings, please advise where they are.

Thanks

I think that the added constants are only in the private beta.

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 17
RE: No passing indoor - 4/12/2006 6:52:00 AM   
Marauders

quote:

I think that the added constants are only in the private beta.

That is likely the case. I wasn't sure when the new ones were added, but they are coming. David is always working to make the game better, and this should help tweak these things more cleanly.

Again, I have been testing in another area, so I missed when the changes came.

(in reply to Deft)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> No passing indoor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI