Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: College playbook project

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> RE: College playbook project Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College playbook project - 4/8/2006 1:47:16 AM   
nmleague

There is one correction for the first college playbook, anyone that is using it can fix it by doing the following.

When in the PDS, open the playbook and delete defense 52Rangle52z.

Close the playbook, in PDS open play defense 52Langle52z, then flip the play.

Then save it to the college playbook as 52Rangle52z

< Message edited by nmleague -- 4/8/2006 5:11:54 AM >

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 61
RE: College playbook project - 4/8/2006 6:50:39 AM   
nmleague

Update on college playbook 2: I think that college playbook 2 is ready to test. As it stands the wishbone offense for this playbook has 12 running plays (24 flipped) and 4 pass plays. Im going to test it as is. Next will be to add some broken bone pass plays and also to add a few run stunt/stop 52 defenses. I will upload it tomorrow morning.

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 62
RE: College playbook project - 4/8/2006 4:45:27 PM   
nmleague

Saturday morning! Just uploaded the first version of "College playbook 2", to FBmax, should be available for download sometime today. Whats in it?

A wishbone offense, 18 running plays (36 flipped) and 4 pass plays!! Only tested a half of a CPU vs CPU game so far, but it looks like it will be an interesting offense.

This playbook uses the same 52 defense as found in College playbook one.

The Kickoff, Kickoff return, Punt, Punt Return etc. are all the same as college playbook one.

Edit: Im going to let my computer run about 3 CPU vs CPU games today using this playbook. My goal for the weekend will be to a goaline defense to both colege playbooks, as well as to add 3-4 more plays to the 52 defense, to counter the WB. Also will add a broken bone formation with a few pass plays.

< Message edited by nmleague -- 4/8/2006 4:48:53 PM >

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 63
RE: College playbook project - 4/8/2006 6:12:35 PM   
nmleague

Below are the stats for the first CPU vs CPU test game using the college playbook 2.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 64
RE: College playbook project - 4/8/2006 8:01:38 PM   
nmleague

Second CPU vs CPU college playbook 2 game stats.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 65
RE: College playbook project - 4/8/2006 10:05:07 PM   
Shaggyra

I will not get to post the latest version until tomorrow, since I have a family wedding today in less than a half hour.

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 66
RE: College playbook project - 4/8/2006 10:41:57 PM   
Deltadog

I changed the quarterback read threshold to 3.0 from 2.5 and ran a game with ver. 3 of the college play book to determine if it made any differance. One quarterback ran 11 times for 45 yards and threw 1 pass which he completed for 22 yards and a touchdown. Of the 11 rushes one was a run play and the remainder were all pass plays.

The second quarter back ran 13 times for 64 yards and threw incomplete twice. Of his 13 carries one was on a running play and the remainder were pass plays.

The change of the threshold setting did not reduce the tendance of the QB to scramble rather than pass. All three passes thrown came during each teams first possession.

Observations relative to various plays. (unfortunately the play by play screen flashed off the screen before I could get the names of the plays.

1. On some sweep plays the line backers reacted better than in the past and stopped the ball carrier after short gains. However on others the results were the same as in the past.
2. On some of the defensive plays inwhich the defensive backs lined up close to the line backers, the backs ran into the LB while moving to the outside to line up on the offensive player.
3. On one of the defensive plays whose name ends in Blitz, I observed the ball carrier trying the run off tackle. As he passed the LOS, 2 defesive players were standing right there. Both turned toward the ball carrier and ran in place until the RB was well past them.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Deltadog -- 4/8/2006 10:43:00 PM >

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 67
RE: College playbook project - 4/8/2006 10:52:51 PM   
nmleague

When I get ready to run a college league I think Im going to edit the main data base skill ranges for QBs. Will probably raise the lower level limit for PPR up dramatically, unless David changes something first.

My opionion is that any level of play that the % of plays that QBs scramble is very small. Most coaches will want QBs to pass, and dont want them thinking scramble. Even the well know scrambling pro QBS (Vick) they are trying to coach out of scrambling. When I check the PPR for all the QBs in one college league I set Up I found as many QBs with a low PPR as ones with a high PPR. A very small number of QBs actually have the inclination or the ability to scramble on a regular basis. It may make the game more flassy but lest realistic.

Delta as to your other point about players not reacting to the ball carrier, I have seen this also. I think, as with the threshold for QB scrambling, that there is probably something that can be edited that would have the defensive players read/react to plays quicker.

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 68
RE: College playbook project - 4/8/2006 10:57:19 PM   
nmleague

Shaggy its just great that you are hosting a site to hold all the user created mods for the game! Just put it up when you can. I will continue to test it.

If anyone wants to test it it the meantime I can always send it to you via email. If you want me to send it, send an email to me at nmlcom@comast.net. I will send you the zip file I uploaded to fbmax.

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 69
RE: College playbook project - 4/8/2006 11:19:37 PM   
Breeze

I noticed that last game was in the snow. When it's snowy teams generally won't pass much...could that have made a difference?

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 70
RE: College playbook project - 4/9/2006 2:03:11 AM   
Deltadog

quote:

ORIGINAL: Breeze

I noticed that last game was in the snow. When it's snowy teams generally won't pass much...could that have made a difference?

It might be, I am going to run another to see. However, this one followed the same pattern as the others I have run without making the change from 2.5 to 3.0? In all games all passes were thrown in the early part of the 1st quarter. Also, the QB kept calling pass plays. One would think that if the weather were a factor, the A1 would have stuck with runs rather that have the QB run on pass plays, but who knows

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 71
RE: College playbook project - 4/9/2006 5:41:24 PM   
nmleague

Update: Finnally got the goalline defense formation I want to use to line up correctly in the game, now just need to add a few more plays to it.

Im very busy with real life today so propably wont do much work on the play books. FBmax doesnt have college playbook 2 available for download yet anyway. So will give people a chance to do some testing today.

One thing I did start today and will hope to finnish tonight is the set up of the Super College League I plan on doing. Set up the structure and rules and created the teams for one of the 4 divisions so far.

Here is the structure Im planning. 4 divisions of 12 teams each, SouthEast, NorthCentral, SouthCentral and West. In another thread I listed the teams for each division. 12 game schedule. The goal is to have 4 basic playbooks at least, the playbooks would be scattered among the teams of each divsion so probably 4 teams from each divsion would have each playbook.

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 72
RE: College playbook project - 4/10/2006 3:57:05 AM   
Shaggyra

College playbook 2 now available on fbmax.com.

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 73
RE: College playbook project - 4/10/2006 4:11:58 AM   
nmleague

Thanks Shaggy it will be great to get some feed back so that the playbook can be improved.

I have set up my 48 team Super college league, got all the teams added, but now I have to move the uniforms for all 48.

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 74
RE: College playbook project - 4/10/2006 6:33:19 AM   
nmleague

Took awhile but I think I have my college league set up, 4 divisions of 12 teams, took sometime to get all the uniforms loaded into the game. Duplicate team names, like 3 teams with Wildcats are a problem, each team has to have a different team name folder. Just have to do the field art for the two teams, Arkansas and Mississippi State that I downloaded from FBmax.

Now back to playbook testing, adding a goaline defense, and trying to do aother defensive scheme so that I can add two more playbooks. Then let the games begin

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 75
RE: College playbook project - 4/10/2006 6:38:11 AM   
Deltadog

I set the quarterback read threshhold at 3.0 again and ran another game. This time I made certain that the game conditions were set as day and sunny. In addition Alabama was set to use the new college 2 playbook. The stats are deceiving for the following reason.

I place the playbook in the plays folder and opened it in the playbook editor. The plays appeared to be there so I decided that it was reading them from the playbook export folder. During the game Kentucky took the opening kick off and drove down using a mix of runs and passes and scored. When they kicked off the kicker missed the ball and left in on the tee. A Kentucky player picked up the ball and ran with it. The narrative reads as follows:

The kickoff from TEASLEY was returned by .
The 20 yard kick was returned 0 yards.
Tackle made by SCRO.

KO NORMALA vs KICKRETURN

Kentucky got the ball?? I have seen this before and it would appear to be a bug in the game which I have reported.

I ran a complete quartrer cpu vs cpu and was puzzled as Alabama did not appear to be running wishbone plays. I then noticed that they were running the same play over and over and it was not a play in the plan. I stopped and saved the game, exited the program and copied all the wishbone plays into the Plays folder and started the game again.

Both quarterbacks continued to pass through the 3rd quarter before they started scrambling. You do not expect a lot of passes from a wishbone team and we got 2 in basically 3 quarters. Neither QB threw in the 4th quarter. As you see the wishbone QB eas 2-2 and the Kentucky QB was 13 out of 20. This is a vast improvement and tends to support the theory that upping the threshold will reduce the scrambling and supports the suggestion that the snow in the prior game affected the tendancy to pass.

Once Alabama started running wishbone plays, I was able to observe the plays in action. The sweep plays were effective and resulted in good gains. The plays threw the line worked sometimes and did not other times. All in all they appeared good. The two pass plays were effective. Once the 4th quarter started the scrambling started and the plays became less effective. Pass plays begun to result in sacks that might not have occured had he been inclined to throw the ball.

Punts - I am not sure if anyone else has noted a tendancy in some games for punts to slice down field toware the side lines. The outside punt coverage follows a rount the takes the defender down the field and then angles them toware to center of the field before they are free to cover the punts. I suggest that this angle toward the center of the field be eliminated. This will stop several long returns that have been caused by the fact that these players could not get back outside after the route ended in time to get the return man.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Deltadog -- 4/10/2006 6:41:16 AM >

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 76
RE: College playbook project - 4/10/2006 6:40:35 AM   
Deltadog

individual stats

Note the number of carries by the quarterbacks, Perina and Vietor. Most runs on pass plays were in the 4th quarter.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 77
RE: College playbook project - 4/11/2006 2:29:35 AM   
nmleague

Started to have some CPU vs CPU games with the Super College league I set up. It is the first time that I have had many of these teams in the game, got a little pumped up seeing how the uniforms look. So here are some screen shots. Im going to work on the college playbook 2 some more tonight, want to get in some audibles and will start doing some human vs CPU games for testing.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 78
RE: College playbook project - 4/11/2006 2:30:24 AM   
nmleague

Another SS, both teams are using the wishbone playbook.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 79
RE: College playbook project - 4/11/2006 2:30:57 AM   
nmleague

Again.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 80
RE: College playbook project - 4/11/2006 2:31:26 AM   
nmleague

Another.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 81
RE: College playbook project - 4/11/2006 2:32:00 AM   
nmleague

One more

Attachment (1)

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 82
RE: College playbook project - 4/11/2006 2:32:37 AM   
nmleague

Last one.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 83
RE: College playbook project - 4/11/2006 4:20:29 AM   
nmleague

Here are some stats and a few screen shots from a human (me)(Texas) vs CPU (Texas A&M). Both teams powered up and down the field, a punt return for a TD with time running out in the half tied the score. That is the score should be tied but since time ran out the game didnt let Texas try for a PAT . Both teams used the college playbook 2.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 84
RE: College playbook project - 4/11/2006 4:22:04 AM   
nmleague

Should mention that I did use audibles for Texas. Here the pulling OT leads the HB on a quick pitch.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 85
RE: College playbook project - 4/11/2006 4:23:11 AM   
nmleague

Another. Texas A&M HB about to go through a nice hole.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 86
RE: College playbook project - 4/11/2006 4:24:43 AM   
nmleague

One more.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 87
RE: College playbook project - 4/11/2006 4:25:44 AM   
nmleague

Last one.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 88
RE: College playbook project - 4/11/2006 11:08:16 PM   
Deltadog

I ran another game with Alabama using the Wishbone play book and Kentucky the first College book. This time I raised the QBRead.Threshold to 3.2. Since the 3.0 setting had resulted in passes through the 3rd quarter, I had hoped that this increase would extended it a little longer. The game was Cpu vs Cpu and was played on a sunny day. Alabama threw 1 pass and Kentucky 7, all in the 1st quarter.

Raising this value seems to have the desired effect sometimes and not at others. The wishbone plays worked much better in this game than in the last. At the sametime the other plays did not do as well. Guess this means that this aspect us working as it should.

I edited the punt play for both teams and eliminated the inward route and moved the base route a little more toward the side lines. The result was that some kickes to the corner that would be resulted big returns were stopped, but one went long because the defender went down field and stopped and watched until the return man passed him before moving toward the sideline. Another went right up the middle for a TD. The path of the coverage was not a factor in this play as the receiver broke tackles thrown by the edited player and ran over another to make his long run.

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 89
RE: College playbook project - 4/11/2006 11:40:46 PM   
nmleague

Thanks for the report Delta, funny but last night I also move the qb threshold to 3.2. I had seen your earlier post about punt coverage, but hadnt done anything to the coverage play, I have yet to see the wide punts being returned long, but then again I hadnt updated with the latest patch which. So I still have alot of punts going out of bounds.

I have been getting involved with other things, but will probably get back to the playbooks tonight. Been waiting for the next patch.

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> RE: College playbook project Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI