Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Roster Limits

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Roster Limits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Roster Limits - 4/16/2006 6:12:32 PM   
MjH

David, I have a few questions/suggestions regarding the roster limits and injuries. The game manual says:

quote:

A team must have the correct number of active players before starting any game during the season. A team is given an unlimited number of Injured Reserve spots (injured players are not counted toward Active or Inactive status). Regardless of league mandated roster size, a team can have a maximum of five inactive players. These players are considered 'on the team' but cannot take part in the next game.

Depending on the injury suffered, can still be made Active but will play at a reduced ability.

If a team has too few or too many active players the scheduled game cannot be started.

As far as I can tell, the statement regarding injured players not counting toward Active or Inactive status is incorrect. I have had a team with injured players, and you cannot replace them with players from the inactive list. If you activate an inactive player, then when you attempt to start the next scheduled game, you are told the game cannot start because you have too many active players.

The bolded line implies that you can change the active/inactive status of an injured player. I have not been able to find where you can do that. On the 'View Player' screen, if a player is injured, then the status field cannot be changed. Is there somewhere else where this can be changed?

I would like to suggest that the restiction on the maximum number of inactive players and the restriction that a scheduled game cannot be started if you have too few active players be removed (the restriction on the total number of players on the roster should remain). At the beginning of a scheduled game, display a warning such as: "You have a roster with fewer active players than you are allowed, do you wish to play the game with a short bench? Y/N". Then, if the coach wants to play the game with a depleted bench, they can do so.

For example: A team has a 40 man active roster. Currently, this allows for 40 active players and 5 inactive players. Assume the team has had 7 players injured. The coach changes the status of the 7 injured players to inactive, and activates the 5 inactive players. The team still has its maximum of 45 players, but only has 38 active players. This would allow the team to continue to play games but not have to cut injured players just because they are taking up an active slot.

Another option would be to not count players who are both injured and inactive towards the team roster limits -- sort of a disabled list (or whatever it is called these days). Then, in the example above, the coach could go to the free agent list and recruit 7 more players to replace the inactive/injured players. The team roster would now total 52 players (40 active, 5 inactive, 7 inactive/injured). When a player's injury is healed, he comes off the inactive/injured list and is now just inactive. The team now has a total of 46 active/inactive players, so the coach must either cut one of the inactive players, or cut one of the active players and activate one of the inactive players.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Roster Limits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI