Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BobbleHeads

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Graphics Related >> BobbleHeads Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BobbleHeads - 4/18/2006 8:27:47 PM   
kshinner

I've made some FaceGen faces for Maximum football. The file has just been uploaded to FBMAX.COM. It contains about 45 faces, each face in 2 flavors. One (once converted to .bmp) to be used in game on the player model (F###u). The second to be used on the player card (F###p). The same face that's on the player card is the same face that shows up in game.

I'd like it if some of you guys could try it out and let me know how it works for you. Any comments or suggestions welcome.

- Bobble

"We got our own ammuninition - it's filled with paint. When we fire it...it makes pretty pictures - scares the hell outta people." - Oddball
Post #: 1
RE: BobbleHeads - 4/18/2006 8:32:26 PM   
kshinner

dola,

I thought I'd post an example:

Attachment (1)

"We got our own ammuninition - it's filled with paint. When we fire it...it makes pretty pictures - scares the hell outta people." - Oddball

(in reply to kshinner)
Post #: 2
RE: BobbleHeads - 4/18/2006 8:47:51 PM   
frunky

I'll try out a few when I get home from work

thanks

These socks were made for walkin
So that's just what I'll do
One of these days these socks
Are gonna make you smell like poo

(in reply to kshinner)
Post #: 3
RE: BobbleHeads - 4/18/2006 9:58:32 PM   
Marauders

Shouldn't his hair be all one color?

Well, if it doesn't show, it wouldn't really matter, but what does show?

(in reply to frunky)
Post #: 4
RE: BobbleHeads - 4/18/2006 10:02:50 PM   
kshinner

From what I've seen, none of his hair shows. The ears don't show and the neck doesn't show. All you really see is the face. The neck that you do see comes from another file as far as I can tell.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 5
RE: BobbleHeads - 4/19/2006 7:12:50 AM   
Tbird

I tried a few

(in reply to kshinner)
Post #: 6
RE: BobbleHeads - 4/19/2006 9:50:46 AM   
Deft

I like 'em. Try and distort them into a thinner width. Glad to see you've come over from the OOTP board to check out FBMax.

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 7
RE: BobbleHeads - 4/19/2006 4:09:23 PM   
kshinner

Thanks for trying them out, guys. Yeah, I think they're going to have to be a little thinner. That's why it was version 0.9. My concern was that I didn't want to have to distort each face manually to get the face the right size and still have enough face stretched toward the ears so that didn't show through. Good to have some familiar faces (pun intended) around, Deft.

Has anyone had any luck with the PAD.bmp file? From what I've seen, that file is not used at all. I thought it was just the viewer I was using. The ear pads on those players look VERY unrealistic. They're in some serious need of shading.

(in reply to Deft)
Post #: 8
RE: BobbleHeads - 4/19/2006 6:29:59 PM   
frunky

I was gonna post last night but the space bar stopped working on my home computer. Does that program let you change the spe of the nose. To make less wider on some of the faces.

These socks were made for walkin
So that's just what I'll do
One of these days these socks
Are gonna make you smell like poo

(in reply to kshinner)
Post #: 9
RE: BobbleHeads - 4/19/2006 7:24:25 PM   
kshinner

There's a lot that could be done but for my pruposes, I want something that can be made a routine for a batch of faces rather than customize each face. I think thinning the whole face will do the trick because it looks like the eyes seem to be sliding off the face as well.

(in reply to frunky)
Post #: 10
RE: BobbleHeads - 4/19/2006 8:11:54 PM   
Marauders

In animation, there is a term called the uncanny valley. It means that things look so real that they look strange.

In this case, I would likely run the face files that are meant for the 3D players through a paint or posterize effects process in a paint program. They would match the game better when finished.

(in reply to kshinner)
Post #: 11
RE: BobbleHeads - 4/19/2006 9:32:41 PM   
kshinner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

In animation, there is a term called the uncanny valley. It means that things look so real that they look strange.

In this case, I would likely run the face files that are meant for the 3D players through a paint or posterize effects process in a paint program. They would match the game better when finished.

Interesting observation. Anyone else get the same impression that the faces are too "real" for the uniform/field/stadium?

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Graphics Related >> BobbleHeads Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI