Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Turning Draft feature off?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Turning Draft feature off? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Turning Draft feature off? - 4/18/2006 9:31:06 PM   
racan

I am newbie to this forum but been follower of MFB. I am wondering if there is any way to turn off the draft feature. I have created rosters that I want to keep intact so I can play them over again and get different results. Is that possible?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Turning Draft feature off? - 4/18/2006 10:01:24 PM   
frunky

You would probably need to set it to single season but I'm not sure exactly how it works since I've been using career mode.

Some other people have imported rosters but not sure if it was before or after the draft.

These socks were made for walkin
So that's just what I'll do
One of these days these socks
Are gonna make you smell like poo

(in reply to racan)
Post #: 2
RE: Turning Draft feature off? - 4/18/2006 11:00:11 PM   
Deltadog

It sounds as if you want to just continue to run the same season after the draft over and over again. No player aging, no career accumulation etc.

If this is what you want, you should be able to copy the league database file to another folder before you begin playing games. Play out the season and then start another and allow the draft. Then go into the game folder and remove the league database and substitute it with the copy of the database you moved to the other folder. I would think that you will be right back at the same place where you were before the season was played.

If your league is for example My Football League (MFL) the league database file will be lge_MFL.mdb.

(in reply to racan)
Post #: 3
RE: Turning Draft feature off? - 4/19/2006 2:43:45 AM   
Magnum357

Ya, I have been doing that method aswell too just play single season type league games. Its a little ackward, but it works just aswell.

I have a question about Drafting. Is it possible to reduce the number of rounds in the Draft? I'm thinking about making a Utility in the future that allows you too dicate the number of rounds you want your draft to run, but I can't seem to find the required data in the Database files to adjust this. I read people in the past have messed with this, but I can't find the info about it.

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 4
RE: Turning Draft feature off? - 4/19/2006 4:18:34 AM   
David Winter

Hi.

Right now you can't turn off the draft. I've not tried them, but the solutions provided by the others in this thread may help you achieve what you're attempting to do.

For those that want to play single season mode, how do you expect your teams rosters to be filled out? Do you want to see a random roster generated (as is done for quick play right now) or do you want to pick your teams from a list?

David

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 5
RE: Turning Draft feature off? - 4/19/2006 6:27:21 PM   
frunky

I vote for Random Rosters

These socks were made for walkin
So that's just what I'll do
One of these days these socks
Are gonna make you smell like poo

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 6
RE: Turning Draft feature off? - 4/20/2006 12:14:43 AM   
racan

Hi Dave,

If it is possible that we can choose teams from a list that is comprised of balance, offensive, defensive or a cupcake teams. This way we can have very unique league instead all teams having the same ratings. Does that make sense?

John

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 7
RE: Turning Draft feature off? - 4/20/2006 2:50:14 AM   
Magnum357

quote:

ORIGINAL: frunky

I vote for Random Rosters

Actually, you can already have your custom teams setup with Random Rosters. Outside of the game, if you use the Team Edit utiltiy that came with the game, it allows you too setup a completely Random Roster and number of players you want. I use this option quite a bit, but you still have to run through the draft in order to start a new season. I'm trying to see if its possible to reduce the number of rounds so that if you already have a full roster of players (using the utility outside the game) you would only have to draft a few players in order to start a new season.

(in reply to frunky)
Post #: 8
RE: Turning Draft feature off? - 4/20/2006 2:53:49 AM   
Magnum357

quote:

ORIGINAL: racan

Hi Dave,

If it is possible that we can choose teams from a list that is comprised of balance, offensive, defensive or a cupcake teams. This way we can have very unique league instead all teams having the same ratings. Does that make sense?

John

I actually think this can be done now. I don't know where I read it, but I heard that someone edited one of the database files (MainData.mdb perhaps?) that has certain criteria for each Positions Ratings Ranges set at. I haven't looked into this yet, but I think its possible to edit these settings (wherever they are) and "widen" the range of values between each team to create Powerhouse to Cupcake teams as you indicated.

If I get some extra time, I might try to make a utility that allows you to do this.

(in reply to racan)
Post #: 9
RE: Turning Draft feature off? - 4/20/2006 8:32:58 AM   
racan

Thanks for the info Magnum357.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 10
RE: Turning Draft feature off? - 4/20/2006 9:36:52 AM   
Magnum357

Got some slightly good news. Just tonight, I was playing around with the league Database files and I think I found a way to bypass the Draft and just go to training camp. I'm working on a simple Utility that will allow you to do this, plus I think I will try too add a couple other features to this utility so that it does more then just by pass the Draft.

(in reply to racan)
Post #: 11
RE: Turning Draft feature off? - 4/27/2006 12:16:21 AM   
MAF

This might be more good news. I was able to not only bypass the Draft, but Training Camp as well. Depending on the method you use to access a league's database (i.e. lge_NFL.mdb or whatever you name you used), you'll need to edit the following fields in the League_SeasonStatus table:

RegularSeasonStarted -click check symbol in the blank box (if present) or enter "True"
CurrentDraftRound -enter roster size (20,40,45,65)
CurrentSelectingTeam -enter last selecting team ID number
TrainingCampComplete -click check box or enter "True"

When you enter the game, the "Draft" & "Training Camp" boxes should be grayed out.

Since I haven't generated a full schedule yet, I can't say for sure if there will be any problems or not from this point on.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 12
RE: Turning Draft feature off? - 4/27/2006 1:03:19 AM   
Lions

Magmum357,

When will this program be ready? I would love to have something like that without losing any players after a season is over. Are you going to post the utility in the forms?

Sladebuck

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 13
RE: Turning Draft feature off? - 4/27/2006 2:34:43 AM   
Magnum357

Not sure. After reading MAF's suggestion to bypass the Draft and Training Camp, it might make any utility I write obsolete. And the method I was working on didn't skip the Training Camp. The utility I was writing was extemely simple as all it did was check your League Roster Size minimums and set the Draft round number higher then that number. That would tell the program that enough rounds of Draft have been fullfilled and go on to Training camp. MAF's suggestions might actually be easier and more flexible then my utility.

Also, I've been busy working on my schedule utility and my Arena/Indoor Football mode, but its not working as well as I had hoped too. Its seems the Indoor Football rules might be on the back burner for fixes and there are quite a few more bugs in the Indoor Rules then in the US or Canadian Rules.

(in reply to Lions)
Post #: 14
RE: Turning Draft feature off? - 6/1/2006 5:08:21 PM   
Marauders

Just a note that this is in the works for a future release:

quote:

-Ability to create a 'non draft' league. This was requested by users that wanted to play league/career mode, but not have to draft players.

- Ability to set the number of rounds in a draft (this is tied to the above). You'll be able to pick the number of rounds you wish your league to have and if this is lower than 110% of your league roster limit, the remainder will be randomly created and added. The reason for the extra 10% is so there are extra players going into training camp. Granted most of these will be training camp fodder, but sometimes you may get lucky.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Turning Draft feature off? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI