Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Utilities....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> 3rd Party Developers Area >> Utilities.... Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Utilities.... - 4/23/2006 11:30:53 PM   
jkntech

All,

I worked on a couple spare outside utilities for FBPro back in the day. I just picked up the game and I am looking forward to putting it through the paces.

Regardless, is there any interest in doing a modified port of some of the common FBPro utilities over for MF, i.e., make it so commissioners can run the utilities they do now (or used to) with the same command lines and essentially get the same results? Just curious... if there's no interest, I won't bother, but with the databases being in open format, it probably would not be that hard to do. If it is worth it, let me know what ones would be the best ones to tackle first and I'll start chipping away at them.

Thanks much,

Jack
Post #: 1
RE: Utilities.... - 4/23/2006 11:42:10 PM   
Tbird

There's people that are making Utilities but no fbpro utilities have been ported over. I wish I knew how to program my Visual Basic knowledge is very small. I just know the "hello world" code

It would be awesome if this could happen

(in reply to jkntech)
Post #: 2
RE: Utilities.... - 4/23/2006 11:53:25 PM   
jkntech

Well, looks like we need to do it then. Any wishes, just post them here and I'll see what I can crank out this week.

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 3
RE: Utilities.... - 4/24/2006 2:03:40 AM   
Magnum357

Cool. I know for a fact that many of the 3rd Party Programmers for Football Pro had made some excellent 3rd Party Software for that game. I think a few Football Pro Utility writers would really help out MaxFB considerably.

(in reply to jkntech)
Post #: 4
RE: Utilities.... - 4/24/2006 3:12:09 AM   
simmer

We need a roster utility for NFL 55 man rosters.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 5
RE: Utilities.... - 4/24/2006 5:08:37 AM   
garysorrell

I would really like to see a suite of utils that handle all the stat output. If you had the Sundby stuff, FBpro was a whole different game.
Stuff I would like to see:

Standings
Schedule Output(By league and team)
Roster printout by position
Weekly, seasonal and career stats(team and individual)

Just the above alone would make running a league, online or solo, a lot more enjoyable

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 6
RE: Utilities.... - 4/24/2006 5:34:58 AM   
jkntech

Gary,

I was looking at the databases, and they don't look too bad. Lemme see what I got.

PS: Did you play in one of the USFL leagues?

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 7
RE: Utilities.... - 4/25/2006 2:47:58 AM   
garysorrell

Hey, sure did. Scott Greenes USFL.

Kinda feels like a reunion of sorts here, ran into a few from either the USFL or James Swinneys WFL74

I think a usable, functional method of getting all the league info/stats, etc is something that would make this game much better. The main reason I havent even tried league play yet is because of this.
Im a geek when it comes to this. I used to run solo leagues in FBpro and had folders full of data and printouts from multiple seasons. It just makes it more fun when your league has a physical history

(in reply to jkntech)
Post #: 8
RE: Utilities.... - 4/25/2006 3:54:08 AM   
Lucas718

I was wondering if it would be possible to create sort of an almanac that would list things like past champions, and top 20 lists for rushing, passing, receiving yards in a game and a season, most TDs in a game/season, all kinds of stats.

(in reply to jkntech)
Post #: 9
RE: Utilities.... - 4/25/2006 4:16:46 AM   
Tbird

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lucas718

I was wondering if it would be possible to create sort of an almanac that would list things like past champions, and top 20 lists for rushing, passing, receiving yards in a game and a season, most TDs in a game/season, all kinds of stats.

Yea an almanac is a great idea definitely

(in reply to Lucas718)
Post #: 10
RE: Utilities.... - 4/25/2006 4:34:59 AM   
jkntech

That is a good idea.....

Lemme see what I can work out - I'm thinking of making each utility run from the command line like Lorne's did, but if you pass it a blank command line, we could throw up a screen - maybe connect the utilities together or something.

I'll post source code as I go so if anyone wants to help or contribute, they are free to do so.

Thanks!

Jack

PS - Gary - I thought you were in Scott Greene's leagues - definitely a stickler for realism. Good to see you around!

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 11
RE: Utilities.... - 4/26/2006 1:17:19 AM   
garysorrell

Great to be here. I think that once the utilities start showing up, and David has the bugs squished, we could be looking at a community like we remember from the FBpro days.

(in reply to jkntech)
Post #: 12
RE: Utilities.... - 4/26/2006 3:37:44 AM   
Tbird

Another cool utility was the charts utility

like the one the mlf used when they we're running on fbpro

http://blindsideblitz.com/mlf/charts2.html#teamhart

Post #: 13
RE: Utilities.... - 4/26/2006 8:34:45 PM   
Frenzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: garysorrell

Hey, sure did. Scott Greenes USFL.

Kinda feels like a reunion of sorts here, ran into a few from either the USFL or James Swinneys WFL74

I think a usable, functional method of getting all the league info/stats, etc is something that would make this game much better. The main reason I havent even tried league play yet is because of this.
Im a geek when it comes to this. I used to run solo leagues in FBpro and had folders full of data and printouts from multiple seasons. It just makes it more fun when your league has a physical history

I was in James's WFL74 for a few seasons and it was probably my favorite league but he had to give it up because of his health.

I would love to have a stats/records/hall of fame utility.

Post #: 14
RE: Utilities.... - 4/27/2006 2:25:18 AM   
garysorrell

According to another former member here, he passed....very sad to hear.

(in reply to Frenzy)
Post #: 15
RE: Utilities.... - 4/27/2006 2:39:41 AM   
jkntech

That is sad.... You always figure everyone stays around or goes off playing on some other game. I never knew he had health issues to begin with.

Damn.

Post #: 16
RE: Utilities.... - 4/27/2006 8:08:03 PM   
scottGreene

hey Jack....hey Gary...long time no chat. :)

(Well kinda...Gary and I have kept in touch off and on over the years...hell, he's the one that pointed Max. FBall out to me I do believe).

So- how are things in the online world of football? :)

Sry- to hear about James. I remember him in our league. He played the B'ham Stallions (in both incarnations of the USFL we did). I lost touch with him quite a few years ago. Did not know he passed away. I remember he was one of the ones (along with Jack, Gary, John and Eric...uh cant recall their last names)...we all jumped on IRC in chat and used to pass the time away there.

Found in the internet archives...the old USFL site we had.

http://web.archive.org/web/20041109085013/users.vei.net/guitarwiz/

** And Gary...was it TopRat that used to do the reports sometimes for the online version of KICKOFF we did? (Cant remember your alter ego's name :) )

Linkage to the internet archive of a page from KICKOFF
http://web.archive.org/web/20010523224027/users.vei.net/guitarwiz/kickoff/kickoff.html

***How's that for remembering old times???

Scott Greene
(yes- former USFL "The Made for the Internet League" dude...:) )

< Message edited by scottGreene -- 4/27/2006 8:31:33 PM >

(in reply to jkntech)
Post #: 17
RE: Utilities.... - 4/28/2006 12:45:48 AM   
jkntech

Not only am I old enough to remember the USFL online league, but I remember the USFL games.

Gentlemen, we are definitely old. Ack.

Good to hear from you, Scott! You gonna start a league up with this game?

(in reply to scottGreene)
Post #: 18
RE: Utilities.... - 4/28/2006 12:50:17 AM   
scottGreene

quote:

Not only am I old enough to remember the USFL online league, but I remember the USFL games.

Gentlemen, we are definitely old. Ack.

Good to hear from you, Scott! You gonna start a league up with this game?

Just started messing with this game today actually (at work...Network Admin has its perks I guess :) ) Its pretty cool. Not quite where FBPRO was, but close..and has lots of potential.

No idea about a league...how about you? I know you had one of the longest running FBPRO leagues out there (is it still going, btw??).

Drop me an email sometime at exoromeo AT gmail DOT com

(in reply to jkntech)
Post #: 19
RE: Utilities.... - 4/28/2006 1:44:47 AM   
garysorrell

Yeehaw!! Its on now......Scotts in the house.

gary_l_sorrell@yahoo.com

Hey Scott, if nothin else, at least we can dress our little footballers up in their proper uniforms :-)

I have played a lot of quick games since day 1 with this game, its come a long way and a blast to play.

Yes...TopRat...he isnt dead, just waitin for you

Post #: 20
RE: Utilities.... - 4/28/2006 4:48:11 AM   
Tbird

Guys we need more utility talk

lol just kidding

Post #: 21
RE: Utilities.... - 4/28/2006 5:32:52 AM   
jkntech

This should be the senior footballer room. My bad. :-)

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 22
RE: Utilities.... - 4/28/2006 6:59:31 AM   
scottGreene

quote:

Guys we need more utility talk

lol just kidding

You/re right. Sry about that. Trip down memory lane for a bit. All better now. :)

Scott

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 23
RE: Utilities.... - 5/1/2006 7:23:44 PM   
TarheelFB

Hi Guys,

I have started working on a career and season record book using Access as a base. Now a few caveats. I am by know means an expert access programmer or an expert programmer of any sorts. The coding is pretty raw but seems to perform pretty well. Also, there a few things that need to be done manually such as entering the location of your league file and such. This would probably be a pre-alpha release if you want to know the stage it is in.

The career record book part is done and am happy with it's output minus a highly detailed formated look. I am getting ready to start working on the season record book with plans to do game record books after that (I need to figure out how to parse the gamelogs)
Also, I am working on getting this into html format so that they could be uploaded to websites. (Another thing that I need to figure out)

I did this because I am a statistics kind of person and wanted to see my stats in a meaningful way outside the realm of the program.

I wanted to put it out there to see if anyone would like to use it but with the understanding that there may be a better way.

Mark

< Message edited by TarheelFB -- 5/1/2006 7:24:42 PM >

Post #: 24
RE: Utilities.... - 5/1/2006 10:02:06 PM   
frunky

I would like to use it

These socks were made for walkin
So that's just what I'll do
One of these days these socks
Are gonna make you smell like poo

(in reply to TarheelFB)
Post #: 25
RE: Utilities.... - 5/2/2006 2:17:26 AM   
jkntech

Sounds cool! I'll give it a whirl when I get my arena league in full gear.

(in reply to frunky)
Post #: 26
RE: Utilities.... - 5/2/2006 8:55:45 AM   
Tbird

Open source is a good idea and maybe others like me can learn something in the process

(in reply to jkntech)
Post #: 27
RE: Utilities.... - 5/2/2006 6:13:04 PM   
scottGreene

Sounds cool Tarheel-. Be glad to try it out here.

Scott

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 28
RE: Utilities.... - 5/2/2006 9:11:57 PM   
TarheelFB

I thought I could make a fortune off of this program and now you want it open source. Just kidding. Like I said in my previous post I am a stat guy, so I did this for my own benefit and thought somebody else might be able to put it to good use.

I am putting the finishing touches on some formatting issues that access causes. Well, I am blaming Access but I think it is my own illogical thinking.

The first upload will probably include the following:

Career Records
Team Statistics (Basic Form)
Career Records output to html format (Default Access HTML Formatting)
Team Records (By Teamand Season)

Next things on the list:

1)Season Records
2)Finish formatting the team stats pages
3)Thinking of doing a records by team (I have to see how MaxFB treats players that move from one team to the next. I think I know the answer to that and won't be able to do it fully)

For those of you still interested. I will probably post the file over at fbmax.com sometime tonight.

Also, Please note that there is a little user intuitiveness (is that a real word?) that has to be used. It will just come with a basic readme file for instructions. I would like to get this out there to get some user input on what people like or dislike about it.

Mark

< Message edited by TarheelFB -- 5/2/2006 9:14:44 PM >

Post #: 29
RE: Utilities.... - 5/3/2006 3:37:26 AM   
TarheelFB

I have uploaded my Record Book v.1 to fbmax.com. I am not sure of a better place. If there is please let me know.

Mark

(in reply to TarheelFB)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> 3rd Party Developers Area >> Utilities.... Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI