Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What's with v1.8?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> What's with v1.8? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What's with v1.8? - 4/28/2006 1:16:38 AM   
hbrsvl

Hi-Playing US, v1.8, A . Brown's map, 7/42. I hold Rabaul, with a size 8 airbase, plenty of air support points, plenty of supply, no damage to air base, 300+ Allied planes based there. From 7/2-7/6 '42, the Kiddo Butai ( 3-4 CV-CVLs) has been within 2-6 hexes of Rabaul. All air units are set to Naval Attack & rest, with max range set so they don't attack naval units at Truk, etc. PBYs & other air units have repeatedly reported KB in both AM & PM searches, plus I've had some night attacks on the KB. In this WHOLE time, Rabaul has managed to send out 3 B-17s twice & they "couldn't find target". During this same time one of my ASW units, with 7 DDs attacked an I boat. I boat received 15 hits, but wouldn't sink! What's with v1.8? Comments, please.
Post #: 1
RE: What's with v1.8? - 4/28/2006 1:20:09 AM   
Black Mamba 1942

The current CHS has cut the efficiency of ASW weapons by 50%.
So with the 1.8 and these CHS ASW modifications, submarines are almost indestructable.

I've got the same problem in a current game like this too.

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 2
RE: What's with v1.8? - 4/28/2006 2:58:14 AM   
pasternakski

Don't blame the patch. It was created to address the game as designed, not as modified.

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to Black Mamba 1942)
Post #: 3
RE: What's with v1.8? - 4/28/2006 4:37:46 AM   
jwilkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: hbrsvl

Hi-Playing US, v1.8, A . Brown's map, 7/42. I hold Rabaul, with a size 8 airbase, plenty of air support points, plenty of supply, no damage to air base, 300+ Allied planes based there. From 7/2-7/6 '42, the Kiddo Butai ( 3-4 CV-CVLs) has been within 2-6 hexes of Rabaul. All air units are set to Naval Attack & rest, with max range set so they don't attack naval units at Truk, etc. PBYs & other air units have repeatedly reported KB in both AM & PM searches, plus I've had some night attacks on the KB. In this WHOLE time, Rabaul has managed to send out 3 B-17s twice & they "couldn't find target". During this same time one of my ASW units, with 7 DDs attacked an I boat. I boat received 15 hits, but wouldn't sink! What's with v1.8? Comments, please.

I guess in this case, 2 rights make a wrong ! CHS will need to back out this "work around" now that the code has caught up. And BTW the ASW code changes have been in WPO since day one and they were in the long running 1.7.9.5 beta as well. They only officially were released with 1.8.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 4
RE: What's with v1.8? - 4/28/2006 12:30:10 PM   
Black Mamba 1942

No problem here.
It just takes 30 hits now to sink a sub.

Actually if you get a couple of penetrating hits, the sub is still a goner.

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> What's with v1.8? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI