Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.80 Crashing my System

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> 1.80 Crashing my System Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.80 Crashing my System - 4/29/2006 3:23:56 AM   
509th Bob

Your new 1.8 crashed my damned game. I'm deleted the WHOLE DAMNED THING. I absolutely ****ING TIRED of restarting a GOD-DAMNED game to try to capture the latest modifications! Your 1.8 started putting airstrikes on the map, instead of within an action box. I tried using Spooky's overflow correction, it didn't work. I've been usually supportive of upgrades, but this is really PISSING me off! Enough to ****CAN the whole damned thing! Fix this or go away!

< Message edited by Don Bowen -- 4/29/2006 4:23:20 AM >

"Casualties many. Percentage of dead not known. Combat efficiency - we are winning."
-- Col. David M. Shoup, Tarawa, Nov. 21, 1943
Post #: 1
RE: 1.80 Crashing my System - 4/29/2006 4:39:17 AM   
Don Bowen

Do you have a save game and perhaps a more precise definition of the problem?

(in reply to 509th Bob)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.80 Crashing my System - 4/29/2006 5:34:50 AM   
509th Bob

No. I've deleted the whole damned thing. I've reloaded to 1.21. I am now looking for a limited download of 1.60, which WORKED. As you might be able to tell, I'm fed up with replaying the first 6 months of the war. I WANT to get PAST this phase and DO SOMETHING! I am VERY unhappy.

Sorry to BITCH! But, I can live with erroneous Jap commanders of U.S. ships and subs. I can live with the various non-reality issues such as diminished Zero performance above 20000 (?) feet ASL, and diminished P40 performance above 18000 feet ASL (not reflected in the game). But when the WHOLE DAMNED THING starts to exhibit the errors I've seen, then I start to get REALLY unhappy, especially because I will spend MONTHS trying to get BACK to the period (March 1942) where I'd currently reached!

I restarted under 1.60 because the whole program seemed to warrant it addressing "real" world issues. Now, I have to re-start because the PROGRAM does not want to play on my computer! I have a Gateway 505GR, with an Intel 916G chipset, an Intel accelator Graphics media 900, a P-4 530 with 800 MHz Front-end bus and 1 Mb L3 cache, and 1024 MB DDR Dual Channel (RAM) memory. I'd upgraded simply to play this damned game, and now it seems I'm what, supposed to Super-Upgrade? I LIKE your game, but not enought to spend ANOTHER $2,000 to play it!

If I can find a limited upgrade to 1.60, I will play that game. But I will NOT do further upgrades where they seem to incorporate substantial DEFECTS! I've gottten to June 1942 before before an upgrade, but re-started because the so-called "up-grade" seemed to justify it. This latest crap has really ANGERED me! And now I have to spend MONTHS (real time) trying to GET BACK TO WHERE I'VE BEEN. You are REALLY trying my patience, which is why my original post was SO ANGRY.

I save games on "daily basis" per week. I had gotten to March 7, 1942, when the damned system went OFF whack. Since I deleted everything, I cannot send you a March 6, 1942, file. All I can tell you is that I've begun to REALLY regret spending the TIME (about 2 hours per turn) getting to this point.

Your game is, perhaps, worth the effort, if you FIX THE ****ING ISSUES.

Bob De La Cruz

If you want my physical address, let me know and I will send it to you, as with my business telephone number. I would be HAPPY to discuss the limits I see in your game, and tell you what the WONDERFUL aspects your game allows that never were permitted to exist in history.

Thank you, however, for responding to my obvious rant. I'm STILL angry. I'm not giving up on the game, but I EXPECT BETTER! I started playing Avalon Hill board games about 1975. I started playing "computer games" about 1985. I've been through every computer chip-set between 8088's to P-4s. I'm just FED UP. Fix your problems. Make this a game that will BECOME history. Isn't that what your REAL goal is?

Bob De La Cruz

If various people want to bitch and whine, my work e-mail is Robert.De.La.Cruz@usdoj.gov. Depending on what you say, I may or may not respond to you. If you piss me off enough, I might even reply with personal F-U, although I won't guarantee that since it may merely invigorate you to seek to obtain a personal response!

"Casualties many. Percentage of dead not known. Combat efficiency - we are winning."
-- Col. David M. Shoup, Tarawa, Nov. 21, 1943

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> 1.80 Crashing my System Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI