Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Release 3: In Development.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Release 3: In Development. Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Release 3: In Development. - 5/1/2006 8:49:28 PM   
David Winter

All.

Since before the 2nd official release was published to you, the testers and I have been working on the 3rd release (R3) update. This will include the following;

New Features:
- Ability to create a 'non draft' league. This was requested by users that wanted to play league/career mode, but not have to draft players.

- Ability to set the number of rounds in a draft (this is tied to the above). You'll be able to pick the number of rounds you wish your league to have and if this is lower than 110% of your league roster limit, the remainder will be randomly created and added. The reason for the extra 10% is so there are extra players going into training camp. Granted most of these will be training camp fodder, but sometimes you may get lucky.

- Improved Linebacker and DB use of the [READ] and [KEYON] commands. (not really a new feature but a change to the way an existing one works)

- A revamped Play Development System.

Bug Fixes:

- Testers are already testing new team/player statistical groups and items.

- As per the release notes of the 2nd official update, I'm in the process if 'de-generalizing' some of the minor rules. In previous releases, many of the minor rules of the game were generalized and used for all three types of game Maximum-Football allowed you to play. I'm removing some of those generalizations. The spirit of Maximum-Football is to allow as much customization as possible, unfortunately for this official release, these minor rules will not be customizable but will be connected to the type of field you are using. Meaning you will not have the option to use Canadian kick off rules on an American field.

- I have a list of bugs, big and small, that are also being addressed.

Release Schedule:

Due to the large amount of new development being put into this release, there will be longer intervals between the public beta's than there was for the 2nd update. At this time I have no firm date to give for your first look at these new features. But expect screen shots in the next 10 days (right now it's all backend work with no new interface work done so there is nothing really to see).

Going Forward:

And now, here is your chance to have a big say in what the game looks like going forward. The development list for R3 is already set but R4's is not. Below is a list of features that could be built into R4. I would like people to reply to this thread with votes. I can only build ONE of this list into R4 because each of these will take about 4 man months worth of work.

Listed in no particular order;

- Financial system. Trades, salaries, and other popular GM features.

- Online H2H play. It's already known this feature will require a broad band connection. For league play, the 'home team' records the stats and outcomes on that users local DB.

- Additional simulation mode. Invisibly run the 3D game and only display a score board. This will allow a closer match between played out 3D games and game that are quickly simulated to play out a selected portion of the schedule.

- New 3D engine. Allows for better light effects, rag doll physics allows for better looking tackle animations. Overall, just a better looking game. System specs would probably stay about the same.

- New interface design.

Finally.

I certainly understand that the game has some quirks to iron out but I hope people are enjoying the game none the less. Sales for the first weeks of release have been brisk so a sincere thank you to all those that are supporting the project. I hope, with the continued addition of new and exciting features as well as the great support from Matrix, the Maximum-Football community will continue to grow.

Thank you
David A. Winter
Post #: 1
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/1/2006 8:54:03 PM   
Breeze

I vote for the additional sim option. From what I've read it looks like seasons and career modes will be pretty much screwed without it.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 2
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/1/2006 9:03:01 PM   
Lucas718

Put me down as a vote for the sim option. I think it is most important to build a solid core game first. The on field stuff is already being worked on. To me the next logical step would be the season & career mode, and these would be useless without an accurate sim mode. Then add the financial stuff to beef up the career mode, followed by the eye candy stuff like the 3D engine and interface updates. Improving the graphics before getting the other stuff working well would be something EA would do. Most of us are here because we got tired of EA's style over substance methods. I have no interest in H2H, so it wouldn't bother me at all if it never made it into the game.

< Message edited by Lucas718 -- 5/2/2006 3:14:45 PM >

Post #: 3
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/1/2006 9:08:42 PM   
Jim1010

My vote is for the additional Simulation mode as well.
My second choice would be for some GM features to be added for the career mode.

Post #: 4
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/1/2006 9:09:28 PM   
Deft

Sim option. The target market for this game is the FBProer and text simmers. They want career mode that can done easily and done right.

(in reply to Lucas718)
Post #: 5
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/1/2006 9:10:36 PM   
jcd38

sim option

(in reply to Deft)
Post #: 6
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/1/2006 9:18:13 PM   
lmc6

I discovered a problem with the utility and the in game "Geographical Location" for created teams. They do not match in both. This is not a problem until you select "West Coast" for a team location in-game. When you try to access the team in the utility I got an error message which prevents you from viewing the team. By changing the location in-game to something other than West Coast the error goes away. Were you aware of this??

Post #: 7
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/1/2006 9:43:21 PM   
frunky

Head 2 Head is really tempting

but my vote goes for the additional sim option as well. I'm sure more leagues would pop up because most leagues nowadays are sim leagues because of time constraints.
but H2H would be my second choice
followed by improved graphics.

a financial system is not too important for me

< Message edited by frunky -- 5/2/2006 12:49:10 AM >

These socks were made for walkin
So that's just what I'll do
One of these days these socks
Are gonna make you smell like poo

(in reply to lmc6)
Post #: 8
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/1/2006 10:29:03 PM   
Bucky

David,

First, thank you and Matrix for continuing to improve the product. I'm glad to hear that sales have been brisk and that you are still planning on improving the game. I for one have been very pleased with the progress and am happy with the purchase.

There something that was not mentioned in you list that I would very much like to see in the game. Keeping rosters straight week to week seems to be a pain without it. Is there any chance that a true depth chart can be added. Every time a player gets hurt the CPU changes every position that I have set and I have to go back and redo my roster before the start of the next game. I would like to be able to set QB1, QB2, QB3, etc, so the CPU will put in the player that I want as injuries occur, and only have that position affected, no the entire lineup.

Also, all of the options you have listed are great additions to the game. I would put the 3D update LAST and I'm not interested in H2H (although I can understand if others are). I won't be disappointed if this is what does get added first, if it's what the majority wants. I would choose the GM update, but it's looking like the Sim option is winning the battle so far. Again, I won't be disappointed if the sim option is added first (if that's what the majority wants).

Heres my list:

1) Please a true depth chart, even thoough it's not listed as an option.
2) GM update
3) Sim Option
4) 3D update
5) H2H

Thank you David and Matrix

(in reply to frunky)
Post #: 9
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/1/2006 10:56:54 PM   
Poke

financial system gets my vote. trades, salary cap etc.

sim would be second.

(in reply to Bucky)
Post #: 10
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/1/2006 11:37:51 PM   
cbelva

WOW....

I vote for the Sim Option. I am impressed with the additions.

Thanks, David, for your support and hard work. It is greatly appreciated.

(in reply to Poke)
Post #: 11
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/1/2006 11:58:08 PM   
lotr13

"Additional simulation mode. Invisibly run the 3D game and only display a score board. This will allow a closer match between played out 3D games and game that are quickly simulated to play out a selected portion of the schedule."

As they say on AOL -- ME TOO!

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 12
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/2/2006 12:26:54 AM   
redwolf1

I vote for all of them, but that's not what you are looking for...

So, mark me down for:

Additional Sim Option

2nd would be added Gm features followed by new 3D engine.

(in reply to lotr13)
Post #: 13
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/2/2006 2:04:38 AM   
Magnum357

I vote Additional SIM Option, and possibly new Interface Design. I don't mind the Interface now, but it would be nice to have the Interface work a little faster for us who have low end machines. not sure if that is possible, but would be nice. Football Pro 99 had by far the best Interface Design I have ever seen in a Sports game. If you want an example of a good interface design, look at that game.

I'm not big on the adding a Financial System to the game. This kind of feature can already be added with 3rd party support, and there are a few of us out there that are a bit wary to have an elaborate Financial system. Front Office Football has a great Financial System to it, but I feel more like an accountant playing that game. Football Pro 99 had a Financial System to its game (at it was quite customizable). If your going to add a Financial System to the game, that would be just about it for what I want.

(in reply to redwolf1)
Post #: 14
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/2/2006 2:16:24 AM   
Deltadog

I also vote for the sim option. As someone else stated, without this the rest have no value when they come.

While no one asked, I agree with the Bucky's requested a meaningful depth chart.

I too appreciate your contintued efforts.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 15
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/2/2006 2:34:44 AM   
Rottweiler69

I vote for sim option as well,with depth chart a close second. I know everyone is tired of hearing me scream about this, but I HAVE to mention scheduling.Maybe I'm too crazed about it but it's prevented me from running even one season. The continued efforts of Wintervalley are outstanding, as always. Keep it coming and again....THANK YOU!!

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 16
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/2/2006 2:44:35 AM   
donkuchi19

I would have to vote for the GM options. I haven't purchased the game yet and that is what is keeping me from doing it.

(in reply to Rottweiler69)
Post #: 17
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/2/2006 2:52:22 AM   
bjm111

give me the financial upgrade any day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(in reply to donkuchi19)
Post #: 18
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/2/2006 2:54:56 AM   
simmer

1) Stadiums that are easy to open and edit for the up coming NFL season. 2) We need a 55 man roster for the NFL. 3) I would also like to see a utility that globally edits player attributes. 4) We also need players to have acceleration and speed attributes. I remember FBPRO the offensive line man and defense line were edited based on their size and strength and they would be very realistic. 5) I would like to see an easier way to build a league and to edit it. You cannot cancel it if you make a mistake ex. (divisions, conferences), You have to recreate it. 6) I would like to see more closer camera angles......
One more thing...........When playing coach mode, I would like the computer to pick and highlight the play according to the situation...Sort of a coach assist. I would also like to be able to call a time out when at the line of scrimmaged or ant time......Would like to be able to change back to the control screen once the game starts so I can change controllers or, so I can play offense with both teams. This is where the Madden series went wrong and tied the hand of their fan base with the lack of customization.... Just suggestions David, but you have the idea!!!!!!!

< Message edited by simmer -- 5/2/2006 1:03:37 PM >

(in reply to lotr13)
Post #: 19
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/2/2006 2:58:07 AM   
Scott_WAR

1- H2H
2- Sim option
3- Gm features

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 20
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/2/2006 3:15:45 AM   
nmleague

The fast sim option, the stats from the current fast sim option are not workable.

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 21
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/2/2006 3:56:49 AM   
JonnieR

1. Sim option
2. Depth Chart (I know its not a choice, but it might be easy, who knows)
3. I'd keep the new graphics for the next Release of the Game itself ( just a thought)

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 22
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/2/2006 4:06:46 AM   
David Winter

I'll leave this post up here for the duration of the 3rd development cycle so everyone will get a chance to have their say.

Results so far as surprising. I would have put money on Online H2H being the overwhelming choice..

(in reply to JonnieR)
Post #: 23
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/2/2006 4:09:16 AM   
Gman1025

sim option
depth chart (I am with everyone on the depth chart)

(in reply to JonnieR)
Post #: 24
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/2/2006 4:29:23 AM   
jkntech

Sim option on this side would be nice.

(in reply to Gman1025)
Post #: 25
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/2/2006 6:34:45 AM   
MjH

Here's how I would prioritize the options:

1) True depth chart (another write-in vote!)
2) Additional simulation mode
3) Financial system
4) New interface design
5) New 3D engine
6) Online H2H play

and it wouldn't bother me if 5 and 6 didn't happen.

Post #: 26
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/2/2006 6:37:35 AM   
DirkGildun

My choices would be:

1) The additional sim engine
2) The depth chart

I don't care at all about the financial stuff or H2H. I can live with the existing 3D engine and interface.

Post #: 27
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/2/2006 6:50:32 AM   
Lions

Hi David,

My top 3 choices are

1. GM
2. Sim
3. H2H

Sladebuck

Post #: 28
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/2/2006 1:44:24 PM   
midwave

I would choose New 3D engine, with hopefully the possibility of running the game in a window, if possible.

(in reply to Lions)
Post #: 29
RE: Release 3: In Development. - 5/2/2006 3:24:56 PM   
GlennN

1) Additional sim option (I agree with others here that without accurate stats, nothing else will matter).

2) GM features (more trade than financial - I would turn off a salary cap anyway [please make that an option if/when a cap is added])

I have no interest in H2H, so I don't care if that is ever added.

(in reply to midwave)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Release 3: In Development. Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI