Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Right click error

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> Battles In Normandy Support >> Right click error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Right click error - 5/4/2006 4:33:09 PM   
forcedelta

New to this game. Just going through the tutorial. Cannot get the battlefield popup to stay on by right clicking. It justs flickers. What am I doing wrong. Please help an obvious novice.
Post #: 1
RE: Right click error - 5/4/2006 5:29:54 PM   
Grotius

Not sure which popup you mean, but most right-click info screens require you to right-click-and-hold while you look at them. Sometimes you have to right-click-and-hold-and-mouseover-relevant-info, which is even more awkward. In general I love the interface, but this is my least favorite feature of it.

I guess the argument for this system is that if you right click and the window stays open automatically, then you have to click again to close it, so maybe this system actually reduces mouse clicks.

(in reply to forcedelta)
Post #: 2
RE: Right click error - 5/4/2006 6:11:28 PM   
forcedelta

Thanks for that Grotius. Pop up is the one where you right click anywhere on the screen and info re hex is supposed to appear. Same happens on right clicking on linked yellow/red bars on Unit Display Area. Have already tried right clicking and holding down but still do not get the pop up clearly. All that happens is that pop up is momentarily displayed for a millisecond and I cannot read it. Is this a problem with my mouse then? How important to the game is this pop up anyway? Are there other pop up functions that appear by right clicking and are these important as well?

(in reply to forcedelta)
Post #: 3
RE: Right click error - 5/5/2006 3:40:59 AM   
JSS

Right click info is important for planning.

All critical information is presented somewhere else that does not require a right click. So you don't miss out on any available actions directly. You need the right click to see weather forecasts, asset availablity, and VP values for future turns.

Have you contacted AlexS? He's very helpful in this type of situation (also very busy with a new project right now).

(in reply to forcedelta)
Post #: 4
RE: Right click error - 5/5/2006 6:32:40 PM   
Grotius

Well, there are a couple of pieces of information that seem important to me that I can only get by right-clicking. Maybe I'm missing something. One is detail on enemy units. I really wish I could left click to select and examine those units. Instead, the only way I know of is to right-click-and-hold on them. Likewise, weather data is pretty important. Same for info on victory hexes: the only way I know to check on which victory hexes become "active" at what time is by right-click-and-hold.

Alanbu, does your right mouse button work properly in other circumstances? Maybe try swapping in a different mouse, or updating your mouse drivers? Wish I knew what else to suggest. I do think right-click is crucial for getting info on enemy forces, unless I'm missing some alternative way to get that info.

(in reply to JSS)
Post #: 5
RE: Right click error - 5/5/2006 7:24:32 PM   
forcedelta

Thanks guys for your help. Obviously need the right click and hold option from what you have said. It also appears to me that the fault lies with my mouse and not the game itself especially from what you have said (Grotius). Will try with a brand new mouse and drivers.
JSS Excuse my ignorance but who is AlexS and how do I get hold of him.

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 6
RE: Right click error - 5/6/2006 3:03:23 AM   
alexs

Hi Alanbu,

I would be interested to hear what comes of you using a new mouse/driver combination - I havent heard of this problem before and so im leaning towards thinking its a problem with the mouse / mouse setup.

If it doesnt solve your issue, then drop me a line here.

Alex

(in reply to forcedelta)
Post #: 7
RE: Right click error - 5/9/2006 5:14:38 PM   
forcedelta

Hi Alex. Problem solved. New mouse and drivers fitted. Problem still persists but by wiggling the mouse a bit whilst right clicking and holding down or moving mouse slightly I get the right click pop ups. Not ideal I know and a bit fiddly but hey I can live with that. Having now got to the fourth tutorial I don't know how I could have got on with the game without the right click function. A big thank you to you three guys who took the time and trouble to help out a newbie. Mucho appreciated.

(in reply to alexs)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> Battles In Normandy Support >> Right click error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI