Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Should I wait or not?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Should I wait or not? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Should I wait or not? - 5/16/2006 4:02:19 AM   
orton1227

Hey everyone. I have Baseball Mogul 2007 but it sucks...bad.
Should I wait for OOTP2k6 to come out, or should I try PureSim 2k7. Give reasons to sway me. What's so great and fun about PureSim vs. OOTP or Mogul?
Post #: 1
RE: Should I wait or not? - 5/16/2006 4:25:44 AM   
Erik Rutins

If you haven't already, please check out our Games page (Click Here) for PureSim Baseball 2007 and also the official www.puresim.com page for more info.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 5/16/2006 4:26:09 AM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to orton1227)
Post #: 2
RE: Should I wait or not? - 5/16/2006 4:48:31 AM   
orton1227

Well, of course I already did that. You just can't tell very much from screenshots.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Should I wait or not? - 5/16/2006 5:51:00 AM   
Erik Rutins

Orton1227,

This thread may be helpful to you:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=959923

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to orton1227)
Post #: 4
RE: Should I wait or not? - 5/16/2006 6:01:57 AM   
Amaroq

That thread was pretty much a comparison of PS2005 to OOTPB 6.5.

There are also some more modern compare-and-contrast opinions in Player Card Changes.

I personally am planning to purchase both PS2007 and OOTPB 2006 - first, I want to support development in this space. Second, I want to be able to post informed things in forums. Third, regardless of who I may (eventually) come to feel did the 'better' job, I respect the amount of effort and work that Shaun, Matrix, Marcus, and S.I. put into all of their games - both teams deserve my money, in my opinion.

If the entire games industry had the 'get it right', 'customers matter', and 'game play over glitz' attitude that these developers do, I think I would like a much larger percentage of the games developed!

(spelling corrected)

< Message edited by Amaroq -- 5/16/2006 7:59:31 AM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: Should I wait or not? - 5/16/2006 6:44:37 AM   
Rob322

quote:

ORIGINAL: Amaroq

That thread was pretty much a comparison of PS2005 to OOTPB 6.5.

There are also some more modern compare-and-contrast opinions in Player Card Changes.

I personally am planning to purchase both PS2007 and OOTPB 2006 - first, I want to support development in this space. Second, I want to be able to post informed things in forums. Third, regardless of who I may (eventually) come to feel did the 'better' job, I respect the amount of effort and work that Shaun, Matrix, Marcus, and S.I. put into all of their games - both teams deserve my money, in my opinion.

If the entire games industry had the 'get it right', 'cusomters matter', and 'game play over glitz' attitude that these developers do, I think I would like a much larger percentage of the games developed!

I tend to agree with this. I'm probably more of an OOTP'er myself (having found them first) but then I found Puresim and I plan to buy them too. I like text sims and they're both great takes on the genre. Nothing wrong with spreading the love.

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 6
RE: Should I wait or not? - 5/16/2006 8:28:51 AM   
OrionX

quote:

ORIGINAL: orton1227

Hey everyone. I have Baseball Mogul 2007 but it sucks...bad.
Should I wait for OOTP2k6 to come out, or should I try PureSim 2k7. Give reasons to sway me. What's so great and fun about PureSim vs. OOTP or Mogul?

Well like you said, Mogul sucks so thats an automatic right there. OOTPBB2006, IMHO, may have more features and more customability. However, PS2007 is coming on strong.

(in reply to orton1227)
Post #: 7
RE: Should I wait or not? - 5/16/2006 8:55:32 AM   
puresimmer

I think Mogul is a great game, and if at all possible I'd like to focus on what you all think we can improve on with PureSim as opposed to what "sux" about other games in the genre.

I still believe there is room for more than one sim and Mogul, OOTP and PureSim all have their unique charms.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to OrionX)
Post #: 8
RE: Should I wait or not? - 5/16/2006 9:25:52 AM   
OrionX

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

I think Mogul is a great game, and if at all possible I'd like to focus on what you all think we can improve on with PureSim as opposed to what "sux" about other games in the genre.

I still believe there is room for more than one sim and Mogul, OOTP and PureSim all have their unique charms.

I agree that there is room for more than just one baseball text sim but as you pointed out your opinon about Mogul (and I'll leave out Mogul after this last comment just out of respect)Mogul just doesn't cut it. I won't go into depth there becasue I just don't want to spend the time.

Shaun, if you want to make PS even better than what it is today, imho, the secret lies in what the mod makers create. They create them because they aren't either satisfied with what they have seen in a game, want more than what the game is currenty giving out, and/or they want a deeper experience.

As for your new almanac, I am not sure how moddable or customizable the pages are in terms of fonts, colors, ect...ect. I haven't bought PS2007 yet but I'd say allow for style sheets to be moddable so that the pages aren't always white and the fonts always a certain font. Again, this may already be in PS2007 but just in case T'm typing this regardless. Make the almanac deeper in regards to how many players can be seen on any given leaderboard. Like I typed earlier, allow the end-user to decide how many leaders he/she wants to see but since there has to be a stopping point somewhere make it 350 max or even 500 max. But just make it happen.

The play-by-play design, like OOTPBB, I'd follow the MLB.com Gameday design but allow for real/fictional fields to be shown and allow for player images (unlike what OOTPBB2006 will be doing).

I'l end it there because I gotta get some sleep but if there were one thing I would change in an update for PS2007 is to allow for more players to be seen on leaderboards, possibly making it even customizable (to a point). Secondly, again for the almanac & if it isn't already in the game) allow for the almanac to be moddable in terms of page layouts, colors, fonts, ect.

Just my 1 cent worth. ;)

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Should I wait or not? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI