Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

new user

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> new user Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
new user - 5/16/2006 4:11:48 PM   
jacmar

I am really computer illerate....but I do not have any previous versions of the game. I noticed there have been some problems for those that have had previous versions. Would I be subjected to any of these problems if I am getting the game for the first time? Thanks!!
Post #: 1
RE: new user - 5/16/2006 4:39:22 PM   
JudgeDredd

I bought the game, like you, for the first time, and I have had no problems yet.

Of course, I'm finding my way around the game that is Baseball, never mind the learning curve that comes with the game...so I have only scratched the surface. But I played my first game today and had a blast.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to jacmar)
Post #: 2
RE: new user - 5/16/2006 4:51:49 PM   
jacmar

Thanks JudgeDredd. I have been a Diamond Mind Baseball customer for many years, but the cost of the individual season disks has become too much. I was hoping to find a sim that is similar without the costly team disks. I still am not sure if I am able to take 30 great teams, put them in a league, and play it out to see who would win. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 3
RE: new user - 5/16/2006 5:09:17 PM   
JudgeDredd

I'm not really sure what you mean...but to check it out, I did this. I went to start a new game and one of the selectable career options was 2 Leagues, 36 Teams, 4x9 Team Divisions. Is that what you wanted to know?

Sorry, but I am an absolute beginner with Baseball, not just this game.

There is also "Expansion" coming in the first update which, apparently, allows you to start a historical career from "way back" and have the leagues expand. Someone jump in if I'm telling this guy the wrong thing.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to jacmar)
Post #: 4
RE: new user - 5/16/2006 6:07:05 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: jacmar
I still am not sure if I am able to take 30 great teams, put them in a league, and play it out to see who would win. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

As far as I know, this should be quite possible.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to jacmar)
Post #: 5
RE: new user - 5/16/2006 6:51:53 PM   
jacmar

Thanks guys...I have been doing these types of recreations with Diamond Mind, but its just too costly getting team disks all the time. Specifically, what I like to do, is to select 16 Great Teams of the past, and play out a whole schedule of 154 games. Then play out a World Series with the two best teams of each league. Sometimes I want to maage a specific team, and other times I want to let the computer play it out for me. I also would like to take a specific season, say 1969, and manage the Mets trough the season and let the computer play out the other teams. I was able to do this with Diamond Mind, but paying for all the tem disks is just too costly. Do you feel I would be able to do this with Puresim 2007? Also, the graphics are zero with Diamond Mind, and I would like to see the new flight of the ball. Thanks for all your input.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
RE: new user - 5/16/2006 10:24:44 PM   
PadresFan104

jacmar - You can do everything you are asking with PureSim 2007. "Sandbox Mode" was created just for the "Greatest Teams" scenario you describe.

When you start a new game, select sandbox mode, turn off finances if you want, pick your league alignment, name your league and teams, select a 154 game schedule, decide if you want injuries or in-season trades, then import each individual team you want in your league... Works great!

Al

(in reply to jacmar)
Post #: 7
RE: new user - 5/16/2006 10:44:08 PM   
jacmar

Thanks PadresFan104...If I want to do a great teams league, I use sandbox mode. What if I want to play out an entire real life season...like 1941...what mode would I use then? Thanks..

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 8
RE: new user - 5/17/2006 2:24:56 AM   
lynchjm24

You just pick a historical recreation and pick 1941 as the start and you'll be dropped right into opening day pretty much.

(in reply to jacmar)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> new user Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI