Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MC LV Scenario 1 Consistently Crashing in Turn 6 or 7

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> MC LV Scenario 1 Consistently Crashing in Turn 6 or 7 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MC LV Scenario 1 Consistently Crashing in Turn 6 or 7 - 2/14/2006 3:54:29 AM   
Sleazey

Finally having a bit more time in my life, I decided to start the Lost Victories Mega Campaign, since I recently bought the General's Edition of SPWaW.

I can't make any progress, because scenario 1 crashes on or about turn 6 or 7 consistently. I have played this 3 times, on 2 different computers. One (2 crashes) has an Nvidia Geforce 3 and a 1.4 GHz Pentium; the other (1 crash) has an ATI XT850 and a 3Ghz Pentium. Both machines are running WinXP Pro SP2. Latest drivers and maintenance on all boxes.

I have Win98 compatability set on the SPWaW shortcut.

The crash seems to be associated with using the "T" keyboard short cut rapidly (Target). The SPWaW screen will suddenly go black, and a Dr. Watson error dialog will pop up. The mouse still works, but Ctrl-Alt-Del will NOT bring up the task manager, and although Alt-Tab seems to switch screens around, pretty much everything is toast. The only way out is the reset button or power off reset.

I would really like to play this MC. I guess I am going to have to do a save every turn (or more often), and since there is only the option of "Save and Exit", this makes it a lot less convenient.

Is there any diagnostic data I can gather? If I can help debug this problem, please let me know.

Update!
By saving just before ending each turn, I was able to finally complete scenario 1 (with a draw). I did have one more crash along about turn 14, and it is definitely associated with using the "T" and "N" keyboard shortcuts in rapid succession.

Also, I forgot to mention that I am not hearing any of the recordings or soundfile during the briefing. The game plays all the battle and terrain effects sounds with no problems, but I am not getting the sound recordings.

< Message edited by Sleazey -- 2/14/2006 9:54:05 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: MC LV Scenario 1 Consistently Crashing in Turn 6 or 7 - 5/16/2006 5:42:04 PM   
baktru

I've had the SPWAW and Mega-campaigns for quite a while now, and even though I haven't played in over half a year...

I do remember that I never got any music in the briefing either. Small detail I think :-)

BTW, I like to think of myself of not being that bad at turn-based wargames, but SPWAW Lost Victories is proving to be quite hard... the number of Draws I got so far is astounding...

Good luck!

(in reply to Sleazey)
Post #: 2
RE: MC LV Scenario 1 Consistently Crashing in Turn 6 or 7 - 5/18/2006 10:58:27 PM   
chief

Sleazy: Shut down anthing you've running in the background, ie: phone messaging, Virus protection, etc., SPwaw is a veru greedy mistress that will eat up all the availble memory it can get her claws into. That should help you a lot.

Good Luck

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to baktru)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> MC LV Scenario 1 Consistently Crashing in Turn 6 or 7 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI