Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Observations & Minor Bug Report After Half a Day with the Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Observations & Minor Bug Report After Half a Day with the Game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Observations & Minor Bug Report After Half a Day with t... - 5/16/2006 10:00:04 PM   
BryanK

I set up my league and have been poking around since 9pm or so last night. I've only had a couple hours of sleep in between, and I wanted to share some thoguhts before I sluffed off to take a nap. Overall, PS 2007 is a *huge* step forward. Truly a fantastic game.

Observations:
1. HRs and most other stats are pretty much in line. Awesome job Shaun :)
2. The almanc is amazing. I simply didn't know what I was missing; thanks for this feature.
3. A quick sim of the 2005 season using real players saw Bob Wickman lead the league in IPs with 270+ and had like 100 appearances. Kinda odd since he was a reliever and his endurance was really, really low. Annecdotal evideince of the 1901-1903 seasons and the 1993 season (Bryan Harvey) also showed relievers among the highest IP totals. Anyone notice this when simming with fictional players?

Bugs:
1. CPU teams make trades with each other after the trade deadline when using 154 game schedule
2. Game crashes during PSPNcast if you click on a player in the field to bring up his player card (run time error 438 - object doesnt support this property or method)
3. Game crashes if you try to load an xml file other than one with the internal tag "Default PureSim 2007 Engine Settings"
4. Team box on home screen does not respect transparency in logos; transparent regions show up as white
Post #: 1
RE: Observations & Minor Bug Report After Half a Day wi... - 5/17/2006 1:27:26 AM   
Fouts

While playing each game of the 1978 Padres (the first team I followed as a kid), I had a bug where Dave Winfield was injured in the game, and after replacing him, he was still on first base for the rest of the half inning.

The only other gripes I have are the 100 rated arms of half the OFers and the long popups. Otherwise the game is fantastic. Also, the player photos really add to the experience. Thanks.

(in reply to BryanK)
Post #: 2
RE: Observations & Minor Bug Report After Half a Day wi... - 5/19/2006 5:16:52 AM   
Fouts

A mistake in scoring. Reliever came in while we were winning 2-1 with 2 men on (both belonged to the starter). Both runs scored and we lost 5-2. Reliever was charged with the loss, even though the starter was charged with 3 runs allowed. Starter should have received the loss.

(in reply to Fouts)
Post #: 3
Erronious Credit for Save - 5/19/2006 2:47:48 PM   
jearly

In my 41 season, the Red Sox are beating the Athletics 14-4 in the 7th, I put in lefty Grove as my reliever and we win 18-4. Lefty Grove gets the Save.

(in reply to BryanK)
Post #: 4
RE: Erronious Credit for Save - 5/19/2006 4:37:00 PM   
puresimmer

Friendly scorer, but not really a bug. If the scorer feels a pitcher who picthed 3 or more innings pitched effectively then he can be awarded a save. I probably should make it look at the run differential more when deciding, but this rule states that it has nothign to do with the decision.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to jearly)
Post #: 5
RE: Erronious Credit for Save - 5/19/2006 7:32:50 PM   
Nothingman

I don't know if I'd consider this a bug but I just had quick simmed a game that went 18 innings. Both starters got pulled fairly early due to an injury and the other one just getting rocked. By the 9th inning the computer's team had run through all but one of their relievers and by the 11th my team had as well. My last reliever happened to have good endurance, in fact he was a starter for me the season before and he went 7.1 innings. However, their last reliever was their closer with an endurance of 5 and he pitched the last 9.1 innings and actually did a great job. He went 8 scoreless innings and then allowed 3 in his 9th inning. Unfortunately then my pitcher gave up a grand slam and we lost.

This isn't a big deal really because how often is something like this going to happen but it seems like the computer's team should have gone to a starter. There's no way a closer with an endurance of 5 could pitch 9.1 innings. At least not well. Might be something to look into at some point down the road when the more important bugs are taken care of.

< Message edited by Nothingman -- 5/19/2006 7:36:24 PM >

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 6
RE: - 5/19/2006 11:18:33 PM   
BryanK

Item 2 in my original post is my own fault. I made a modificaton to the player card that was causing the problem.

The XML bug, however, is still there. Changing the description tag and nothing else causes the XML file to be rejected and the program to crash.

(in reply to Nothingman)
Post #: 7
RE: Erronious Credit for Save - 5/20/2006 6:02:11 PM   
henry296

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nothingman

I don't know if I'd consider this a bug but I just had quick simmed a game that went 18 innings. Both starters got pulled fairly early due to an injury and the other one just getting rocked. By the 9th inning the computer's team had run through all but one of their relievers and by the 11th my team had as well. My last reliever happened to have good endurance, in fact he was a starter for me the season before and he went 7.1 innings. However, their last reliever was their closer with an endurance of 5 and he pitched the last 9.1 innings and actually did a great job. He went 8 scoreless innings and then allowed 3 in his 9th inning. Unfortunately then my pitcher gave up a grand slam and we lost.

This isn't a big deal really because how often is something like this going to happen but it seems like the computer's team should have gone to a starter. There's no way a closer with an endurance of 5 could pitch 9.1 innings. At least not well. Might be something to look into at some point down the road when the more important bugs are taken care of.

I'll echo the relief pitchers going lots of innings. I just had Jose Mesa pitch 7 innings and gave up no runs. It seems the CPU is a little trigger happy with relievers. I even have my hook setting at Very Patient.

(in reply to Nothingman)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Observations & Minor Bug Report After Half a Day with the Game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI