Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How is the In game play by play

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> How is the In game play by play Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How is the In game play by play - 5/16/2006 11:23:13 PM   
wetfred

I like to play out my games and was wondering how the in game play by play is in this version. Will it hold my interest for the whole game? Do you get the feeling like you are really at a game or is it basic play by play, pitcher throws batter hits,etc.
The sound added really interests me. What sounds are actually heard?
Post #: 1
RE: How is the In game play by play - 5/16/2006 11:59:45 PM   
tbear2b

PureSim doesn't have fantastic play-by-play text announcing or anything, but the in-flight ball animation is really cool and adds a lot to the suspense. Between this and OOTP I don't see much of a difference in terms of keeping your attention.

(in reply to wetfred)
Post #: 2
RE: How is the In game play by play - 5/17/2006 12:04:39 AM   
wetfred

Thanks for your response. I'll give it a try.

(in reply to tbear2b)
Post #: 3
RE: How is the In game play by play - 5/17/2006 12:21:55 AM   
Amaroq

I don't think I agree with tbear, here. The TRTR posts over at OOTP which have touched on the play-by-play text imply a much much richer set of commentary for OOTP 2006, both color and play-by-play, than PureSim currently provides.

The sounds are primarily
- the national anthem
- the ball striking the catcher's mitt
- a strike call
- a ball call
- the crack of the bat
- ambient crowd noise
- crowd reaction noise (oohs, disappointment, applause, or loud cheering)
- firework percussion

That said, I find myself enjoying the in-game management here - its quick, its simple, and its easy to understand... but that's not because the play-by-play holds my interest throughout the entire game with scintillating commentary.

(in reply to wetfred)
Post #: 4
RE: How is the In game play by play - 5/17/2006 1:06:38 AM   
JudgeDredd

I find the commentary enough and the sounds are good...I especially like the "Da-Da-Da-DADA" music thingy (that didn't come across very well, did it? I like the in-game play haven't found myself wanting to automate it to the end...there is suspense there...I don't know. It's my first text baseball sim and I'm enjoying it immensely.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 5
RE: How is the In game play by play - 5/17/2006 1:51:30 PM   
Sonny

To clarify Amaroq's post - you don't hear a sound for every ball and strike - just the ump saying "ball four" on a walk and "strike three" on a strikeout.

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 6
RE: How is the In game play by play - 5/17/2006 5:36:20 PM   
tbear2b

quote:

I don't think I agree with tbear, here. The TRTR posts over at OOTP which have touched on the play-by-play text imply a much much richer set of commentary for OOTP 2006, both color and play-by-play, than PureSim currently provides.

I agree with this assessment as OOTP has a much deeper commentary engine, but what I was trying to get across is that neither game is heads above the other in terms of keeping your attention in game. I think OOTP's webcast will be an interesting addition, but the ball flight thing in PureSim is just plain cool.

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> How is the In game play by play Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI