Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaign Generator

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Campaign Generator Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaign Generator - 5/16/2006 4:53:54 AM   
Dragoon 45

Lately I have been playing generated campaigns. The Buy Points seem to me to be a little excessive along with the support points, something around 5000 Buy Points and 4500 Support Points. This ends up being a huge force covering the map along with the opposing force covering the map also. With so large forces little is left for tactical decisions except for a frontal attack unless it is a defend mission.

I must be missing something somewhere, but can't you set the buy and support points, with a corresponding amount for the opposing side?

Artillery always has the Right of Way
Post #: 1
RE: Campaign Generator - 5/16/2006 5:28:37 AM   
Alby

you can set your purchase points in preferences before you start the campaign.

(in reply to Dragoon 45)
Post #: 2
RE: Campaign Generator - 5/16/2006 5:39:05 AM   
azraelck

I only tried one generated campaign. I killed it when I saw how many points I had. While I occasionally like to have a massive force, I typically don't want to deal with that much management. As it is, the little experimental campaign I've got going right now is mostly allowing the AI to move, and leting op-fire take care of the rest. Three companies of Panzer IIc's with three squadrons of German Calvary is aggravating to manage as it is. My cav hasn't fired a shot yet. The one generated campaign i had would probably pull 5 companies of tanks with 5 squadrons of cav, plus much larger artillery to back them.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 3
RE: Campaign Generator - 5/16/2006 7:25:46 AM   
Dragoon 45

I must have done something wrong, I had 2600 points set in the preferences and still got 5000 for the generated campaign.
I will try it again and see what happens.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alby

you can set your purchase points in preferences before you start the campaign.

Artillery always has the Right of Way

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 4
RE: Campaign Generator - 5/17/2006 12:05:24 AM   
Cyanide

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you set the opposing forces points to XXX in preferences, don't they automatically get only as many points as you spend?

Because I just started a 50 battle campaign (long I know, but I thought it would be cool) and used about 750 points, and it seems like that's all the computer spent too.

(in reply to Dragoon 45)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Campaign Generator Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI