Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hey Eric....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Hey Eric.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hey Eric.... - 5/16/2006 9:05:12 PM   
captskillet

any idea when the dloads will be available again????????

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

Post #: 1
RE: Hey Eric.... - 5/17/2006 12:52:10 AM   
Erik Rutins

The Members' Club downloads should be available again now, let me know if you have any other problems.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to captskillet)
Post #: 2
RE: Hey Eric.... - 5/17/2006 2:05:18 AM   
captskillet

I just tried to dload the logo pack from members section and it is acting weird.........it shows me d'loading someting (a progress bar) but when winzip opens the d'load there is nothing visible and nothing to extract even though it says: Bryan k pure sim logo zip......... This happened to me earlier on simcentral........any ideas??????

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Hey Eric.... - 5/17/2006 2:32:11 AM   
captskillet

never mind figured it out.

Anyone got the faces for players from 90's to present??????

Post #: 4
RE: Hey Eric.... - 5/17/2006 2:44:07 AM   
jacmar

Where would I find the Members Club downloads? Thanks..

Post #: 5
RE: Hey Eric.... - 5/17/2006 3:03:46 AM   
Jliven61

I also would like to know how to access the downloads. I am a member but I can't seem to find a link that takes me to Puresim 2007 downloads. I see scored of other Matrix Games downloads but nothing for Puresim. Am I looking in the right place?

What I need is the FACEPAK download, that was offered last year for 2005 Puresim.

Thanks..

Jliven61

(in reply to jacmar)
Post #: 6
RE: Hey Eric.... - 5/17/2006 4:32:27 AM   
captskillet

look at very top of page in red where it says members..............this website should have a face pack (up to early 90's)........http://files.simcentral.net/index/PureSim/.......... and there was one a few months ago BryanK did I failed to get that had from 90's to current but I cant find a d'load site for it.

(in reply to jacmar)
Post #: 7
RE: Hey Eric.... - 5/17/2006 4:49:34 AM   
OrionX

I just thought I'd jump in here and say that Matrix should or ought to give Shaun a chance to make an Amercian pro-football text sim. I know that Matrix has MaxFB but.......believe me with PSBBs' depth and statistical tracking a pro-football simulation would make Matrix even that much better and cause some people to become very rich.

Take the concenpt that PS2007 has and blend that with a pro-football atmosphere and you have a Super Bowl winner. The amount of depth that PSBB2007 has and allow for full customization support so that player images, teams home fields, league logos, ect...ect.... and I can not even imagine how popular this game would become.

Theres only one developer right now that has the text sim market and thats Jim Gindon (sp?) with FOF2K4 but he hasn't released anything in 3 years. It's time to jump on it Matrix. Really.

Like I said, I know you guys have MaxFB but thats not a winner, sorry. I didn't mean to hi-jack this thread and I mean no disrespect to David Winters but I am so ambitious about Shaun and his abilities to make text sim games that a pro-football text sim with PSBBs' depth would be a monster.

Post #: 8
RE: Hey Eric.... - 5/17/2006 6:24:11 AM   
tbear2b

I really hate to make this about football, but in support of such an idea in general, MaxFB isn't really about simulation, it's more about managing a game and setting up a playbook, so Matrix could stand to have both styles.

(in reply to OrionX)
Post #: 9
Football, anyone? - 5/17/2006 10:59:38 AM   
motnahp

I, too, would love to see a stats-based sim for NFL and/or college football. I thought I'd found one many years ago. It was very light on the graphics, but heavy on the stats and reports.

Alas, a season replay had Jay Schroeder of the Raiders leading the league with 40+ touchdown passes and ZERO interceptions. Although I bleed silver and black myself, I was totally turned off by the lack of realism the game produced.

If I saw a football game with Shaun listed as a consultant (or designer), I would certainly want to own it.

(in reply to tbear2b)
Post #: 10
RE: Football, anyone? - 5/17/2006 12:27:29 PM   
OrionX

For those that don't know this I'll tell you a short story.

There used to be a football game on the PC that went by the name of FBPro (Football Pro). I believe the very first edition was released in 1994 and while it wasn't eye pooping for graphics it was pretty good and the statistical tracking system for that period in time was down right fantastic. FBpro lived until 1999 - well actually FBpro'99 was pulled of store shelves due to literally game-stopping bugs. If FBpro'99 was tested correctly and not released in it's state at that time, it is very possible the PC market for football simulations (not games) but simulations would be very.....very different right now. However, Sierra Entertainment, Inc., a studio of Vivendi Universal Games, screwed the whole thing up because they wanted to release the game as is no matter what the cost and so they did. That resulted in the pulling of every FBPro'99 sim off of every shelf in the United States and wherever else they sold it.

So where did Shaun Sullivan come into play? Well, lets see - the man released some of the best and most comprehensive game utilities/tools in PC football history. Without his utilities (and of course some others out there) FBpro'98, FBPro'97 wouldn't have ever been what they were. The one utility I remember the most was;
*FPEdit '98 - it was the most powerful tool that can be used to modify almost anything in Front Page Sports Football (for '97 & '98).

Oh and Shaun also made one for Front Page Sports Baseball '98 (another sports sim by Sierra Entertainment). This tool was tooted as the best utility to ever hit the PC market for Baseball simulations.

The story ends when the demise of Front Page Sports Football, due to the lack of care, motivation, and just plain stupidty of Sierra Entertainment stops production of all their sports simulations and decides it can not compete with EA's Maddens series. However, what Sierra Entertainment didn't know was that it wasn't the beautiful graphics that the end-user wanted. It was the customization abilities and statistical data tracking that we wanted. So sometime in 1999 Shaun made his utilities freeware instead of shareware. In fact, it was on 10/23/99 that Shaun decided to do this. He then announced his "new" project called Puresim Baseball.

I'd be willing to bet that if Shaun reads this he will be lead down the path of memories that may even make him shed a tear or two.

This is why I motioned that Shaun Sullivan, the creator of two of the best utilities to ever hit the PC regarding sports simulations, to produce an American pro-football simulation that may even expand to college and other rule sets.

We all know Shaun knows & understands Baseball but believe me when I say that he has that same understanding of football as well. To this day there are leagues still playing FBPro'98 (the most stable fo the series) since that game provides fun, stats, and a lot more features than I want to go into right now.

Seriously, Shaun and Matrix needs to sit down and talk pro-football, PS style.

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 11
RE: Football, anyone? - 5/17/2006 2:06:00 PM   
captskillet

YES WE NEED A PS STYLE FOOTBALL SIM THAT COULD HANDLE NFL AND COLLEGE !!!!!!!

(in reply to OrionX)
Post #: 12
RE: Football, anyone? - 5/17/2006 4:27:57 PM   
motnahp

Wow! Thanks for the history lesson. I had no idea of Shaun's background in that genre. I doubt he has the time to devote to TWO separate sims at the same time, unfortunately.

I know he has kids, so maybe he can pass along some of his knowledge and one of his kids can do it one day.

Shaun: (in a whispering voice).....if you build it, they will buy.

(in reply to OrionX)
Post #: 13
RE: Football, anyone? - 5/17/2006 6:00:34 PM   
Erik Rutins

Folks, please take any football discussions to the general discussion forum. What a hijack!

With that said, let me know if you have any other issues with the Members' Club. I'll check through again today and make sure all the downloads are working, but as far as I know the glitch that happened a couple of days ago and took the 2005 Gold downloads offline has been resolved.

The 2007 downloads should be accessible to anyone who registers their copy of 2007 in the Members' Club, but there's nothing there yet that wasn't already in the 2005 Gold section.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 14
RE: Football, anyone? - 5/17/2006 7:20:01 PM   
OrionX

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Folks, please take any football discussions to the general discussion forum. What a hijack!

With that said, let me know if you have any other issues with the Members' Club. I'll check through again today and make sure all the downloads are working, but as far as I know the glitch that happened a couple of days ago and took the 2005 Gold downloads offline has been resolved.

The 2007 downloads should be accessible to anyone who registers their copy of 2007 in the Members' Club, but there's nothing there yet that wasn't already in the 2005 Gold section.

Regards,

- Erik

Sorry Erik.

I knew better than to the hijack the thread. It will not happen again. However, since there is such an interest in this maybe Matrix ought to make a place for "Thoughts & Beyond" area for sporting simulations they'd like to see Matrix carry. ;)

Post #: 15
RE: Football, anyone? - 5/17/2006 10:11:31 PM   
motnahp

I promise not to do it again once I get a workable almanac for my PS2005.

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Hey Eric.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI