Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Your Favorite SPWAW Sayings?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Your Favorite SPWAW Sayings? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Your Favorite SPWAW Sayings? - 7/14/2000 11:57:00 PM   
Wild Bill

I posted a similar theme recently on the Combat Mission forum. I thought I would ask here. I love the replies! In this game my two favorites are, "Yes, yes, yes!...booyah!" And, "Man, where did you learn to shoot?" (occasionally with a color expletive added for emphasis...at which point my wife says from the other side of the room, "Oh, got your ass shot off again?" ) Yours? WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 7/15/2000 12:53:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Thought of one more.... "I'll be through in a minute, Dear!" WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
- 7/15/2000 12:56:00 AM   
Charles22

If we tried as hard to keep T34s from our outer perimeter, as we do our inner perimeter, they would never get to the inner perimeter. -or- Haste makes waste(d). -or- (definitely a favorite with an old friend of mine [while gaming or not]) Well, what I always say is............

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
- 7/15/2000 1:38:00 AM   
Tankhead

1:Geez how many more of those I gotta kill! 2:Wife: "Are you done yet" Me: "I gotta finnish this turn". Wife: "You said that an hour ago" Me:"It's a long turn honey " 3:"What a cluster f... Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://sites.netscape.net/rcclout

Tankhead

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
- 7/15/2000 1:47:00 AM   
Warhorse

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: I posted a similar theme recently on the Combat Mission forum. I thought I would ask here. I love the replies! In this game my two favorites are, "Yes, yes, yes!...booyah!" And, "Man, where did you learn to shoot?" (occasionally with a color expletive added for emphasis...at which point my wife says from the other side of the room, "Oh, got your ass shot off again?" ) Yours? WB
1)Ooooh, did that hurt, here have some more!!(point blank waste of enemy unit, after they gave me a good knock-around) 2) My wife- hears noise of battle,"thought you were doing work"? I am honey, just testing!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 5
- 7/15/2000 1:47:00 AM   
Nikademus

"no i'm not watching some war-documentary.." ;-)

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 6
- 7/15/2000 3:18:00 AM   
JJU57

Bulls--t! The AI is cheating again. Damn artillery.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 7
- 7/15/2000 3:59:00 AM   
Major_Johnson

Honey!!! Have you seen my helmet?? ------------------ MJ We serve others best when at the same time we serve ourselves.

M.J.!
We serve others best when at the same time we serve ourselves.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 8
- 7/15/2000 4:05:00 AM   
B52g

Here are some quotes that have gone on almost daily since I started playing this series years ago. Me: "F***ing cheating computer!" Wife: "Has it got you mad again?" Me: "Yes!" Wife: "Are you going to come down and eat dinner?" Me: "Yea, just give me five minutes." This has been almost a daily conversation for years!

John

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 9
- 7/15/2000 4:14:00 AM   
Ilja Varha

"Eat it all and LIKE IT!" (my commandos killing a 88 after it killed a platoon of tanks) "Ku siun naama sattuu tuon heksan kohall ni sit siul tul noutaja" (Finn sniper watching at company of Russian infantry moving in. Translation: "When your face hits that hex then you'll see your master" or something like that...) "Ryssä Per****" (when russians flank my Finns. Translation: "G***A** Russian!") "It's four o'clock? Why can't I remember what was for lunch?" (at 4 AM)

Ilja Varha Leader (and proud of it!)of the SPMW development team.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 10
- 7/15/2000 4:45:00 AM   
Tombstone

"All those tanks one hex away from the enemy. Too bad they all missed. Maybe next turn wont be so bad for me, except that he'll start his turn stationary. Sigh." Tomo

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 11
- 7/15/2000 5:10:00 AM   
Greg McCarty

Wife: Alwright, it's 10 PM. No more "bombs bursting in air." translation: go to the headphones. My personal favorite: "Fools rush in..." Elvis was prescient.

Greg.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

--Zapata

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 12
- 7/15/2000 7:10:00 AM   
Vas

Oh yeah, favorite saying while playing this game? Always say the same thing when I crack a enemy tank wide open: "YES, in your face!!! You want some more of this!!" And of on the other side of the coin: "NO WAY!! How they hit me from there?!?!"

When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 13
- 7/15/2000 7:19:00 AM   
Fabio Prado

I'm going...I'm going... One Hour after that: I'm going... FAP ------------------ Fabio Prado [email]fprado@fprado.com[/email] Webmaster - The ARMOR Site!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 14
- 7/15/2000 12:17:00 PM   
crazyivan

early war years pre 42 german player"thers no way the russian armour is that thick"must be a mistake in the oobs

"The best form of defence,is attack"

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 15
- 7/15/2000 3:09:00 PM   
crazyivan

chew on this,sorry about the spelling but here goes these words and feelings often enter my vocab while playing. S-spintingling T-teriffic E-estatic E-exsplosive L-lavish P-popular A-adrenalin rush N-nail bitting T-totaly cool dude H-hart renching E-entertianing R-ripper of a game S-satisfying W-wicked A-a 1 guys W-way to cool

"The best form of defence,is attack"

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 16
- 7/15/2000 3:44:00 PM   
Antonius

"Non !", "Et merde!" and "quel con !" I don't really suppose I have to translate it....

Wargamo, ergo sum

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 17
- 7/15/2000 6:53:00 PM   
Don

"AAAARGH! Another 40% shot misses and thier 4% shot kills me!"

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 18
- 7/15/2000 8:38:00 PM   
ncpanther

wife: you done yet? me: no its the AIs turn. wife: how long? me: dunno the AI takes forever. or better yet " F*****G Cheating A** AI!!!!!!" ------------------ NC Airborne Sappers Lead the way!! SAPPERS ATTACK!!!!

NC Airborne Sappers Lead the way!! SAPPERS ATTACK!!!!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 19
- 7/15/2000 8:42:00 PM   
WW2'er

"Just one more turn...." "No WAY! How in the He-- did THAT happen!!!" "I'm coming to bed soon....really." And probably my all-time favorite..."YAWN!" WW2'er

WW2'er

"That [state] which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." — Thucydides, 'The Peloponnesian Wars'

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 20
- 7/16/2000 5:11:00 AM   
nikb

As you aggresively thrust your Sherman forward...without any recon... "Oh ****...Tiger" THUNK!

Nik

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 21
- 7/16/2000 6:18:00 AM   
sami heimola

"Avvoo iivana, kuolema kolkuttelee" (Finnish AT-man with Panzerschreck/Molotov Cocktail goes near T-34 and launch/throw...) Translation: "Open the door Russian, Death is knocking":-D
quote:

Originally posted by Ilja Varha: "Eat it all and LIKE IT!" (my commandos killing a 88 after it killed a platoon of tanks) "Ku siun naama sattuu tuon heksan kohall ni sit siul tul noutaja" (Finn sniper watching at company of Russian infantry moving in. Translation: "When your face hits that hex then you'll see your master" or something like that...) "Ryssä Per****" (when russians flank my Finns. Translation: "G***A** Russian!") "It's four o'clock? Why can't I remember what was for lunch?" (at 4 AM)

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 22
- 7/17/2000 12:45:00 AM   
Kerg

Wife- "Are you still playing with that stupid computer" Me- "yah-yah, I will be done in a minute" Wife- "Well we are going to eat without you" Me- "yah-yah, be done in a second"

Field Marshal Kerg, Combat Command Stats-> Games Played = 141, Points/game = 4179, <br />Average Placing = 3.4, W% = 28%, L% = 29%, D% = 44%, Total Points 589,232, Leagues Entered = 10, Top Three Finish % = 80

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 23
- 7/18/2000 1:12:00 AM   
Elvis

"What we've got here is...failure...to communicate." ------------------ alea iacta est [email]sooperduk@hotmail.com[/email]

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 24
- 7/18/2000 3:42:00 AM   
Windo von Paene

After that pregnant pause when the shell explodes on the enemy tank and you wait to see the icon of the enemy AFV pop into smoke and flame... "Yessss..."

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 25
- 7/18/2000 12:46:00 PM   
troopie

"Come and get it, you b*st**ds!" "Eet lood! Moederf****rs!" "Now where in H**l did that tank come from?" "Come on lads, For King and Country" While playing the Spanish Republicans and assaulting, "One for Democracy!, One for the Working Class! "Eriotza urde Falanxari! (Death to Fascist Pigs!)" troopie ------------------ Pamwe Chete

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 26
- 7/18/2000 6:37:00 PM   
Recon_slith

Well there's:- a) Shoot you idiot! Shoot back stupid! Why dont you SHOOOOOOOOOOOT? B) Don't shoot at that! Hold fire halfwits! Ah, ****. C) HA! Another victory for the old reverse slope defence. ------------------ Wait for Death. There's a choice? Recon

Let me make the superstitions of a nation and I care not who makes its laws or its songs either.
-- Mark Twain

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 27
- 7/18/2000 6:50:00 PM   
bbbf

When 88 opens fire ineffectually at max range, thus blowing the perfect ambush Awww @#$%, forgot to set the goddamn range again! In campaigns as German vs Poles How the hell did they get so many tanks!

Robert Lee

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 28
- 7/19/2000 1:44:00 AM   
Dauphin

"Careful guys, one of these T-43 spawners has to be nearby..." and the old classical: "That was on purpose!" [This message has been edited by Dauphin (edited July 18, 2000).]

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 29
- 7/19/2000 7:17:00 AM   
Mark_Ezra

Yes Honey, I'm playing SP. No Honey, I'm not playing the Germans. Heard every night for 5 years....True

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Your Favorite SPWAW Sayings? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI