Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ballpark Settings

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Ballpark Settings Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ballpark Settings - 5/22/2006 6:04:15 PM   
buccofan

After I setup a ballpark with all features and export it as a .prk file, I've noticed that the next time I import it, only the background picture, window settings, player settings and home plate setting are permanently saved. The ball flight locations change to another configuration. Is this a change from PureSim 2005? Is ther anyway to save Ball flight locations for each park created and saved?

Post #: 1
RE: Ballpark Settings - 5/22/2006 9:24:53 PM   
PadresFan104

Damn near gave me a heart attack! Thought that I might have to re-do all of my parks... At any rate, I can't reproduce this problem. When I export a park, the ball flight locations are saved as well. Just tested it out... This is with the 1.0 version of PureSim 2007.

Al

(in reply to buccofan)
Post #: 2
RE: Ballpark Settings - 5/23/2006 12:30:40 AM   
buccofan

PadresFan

As a matter of fact, this happened to me last night with your great parks (they are really nice!). I'm running beta 1.02. I'll check again tonight when I get home (late - Board Meeting), but, I swear, last night, every time I adjusted the ball flight locations and then output the file to overwrite the previous one, the changes wouldn't 'stick'. I'm relieved to hear that you are suprised. I, too, never encountered this problem with prior versions. Perhaps, I'm doing something wrong, but I think I'm following the simple procedure of 'importing' a park, making changes then 'exporting' it to the same location.

(in reply to buccofan)
Post #: 3
RE: Ballpark Settings - 5/23/2006 12:45:17 AM   
PadresFan104

If you are importing a park, and then making changes, you don't need to export it again at all. Just import, make any changes you want, then start playing. Export is only there if you want to share the .PRK file with someone else, or if you want to make a copy for use in another league on your PC.

Are you finding it necessary to make changes to the .PRK files that I posted?

Al

(in reply to buccofan)
Post #: 4
RE: Ballpark Settings - 5/23/2006 12:57:09 AM   
buccofan

PadresFan

I'm trying a couple of other images with your parks - Petco, Fenway, Toronto. I have some other picture options I found over the years (I was an old Strat fan - I've played PureSim since 2004). Nothing satisfactory yet, but I really never got past the 'save' issue last night. If I come up with anything that might be good, I'll let you know so that you can decide if you want to use what I have. In addition, I tweaked the background position of a few of your stadiums to get more of the 'sky' or top of the stadium in view - no biggie - matches the windows layout I use. The reason I was trying to 'save' my settings is that I was making these tweaks out of an Association that I will delete so I wanted a backup of the tweaked files.

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 5
RE: Ballpark Settings - 5/23/2006 1:12:34 AM   
PadresFan104

Ok, cool, I understand.

Thanks!!

(in reply to buccofan)
Post #: 6
RE: Ballpark Settings - 5/23/2006 2:07:12 AM   
Amaroq

That would really bother me, if true - can you please follow up in this thread tonight, either if you find it reproducible, or if it was a false alarm?

Thanks!

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 7
RE: Ballpark Settings - 5/23/2006 7:06:05 AM   
buccofan

OK Guys Here Goes

This will take some explanation. I opened the same Association that I was working in last night and, again, as I tried different ballparks, the ballflight locations changed from what I had saved. So, I deleted the Association and created a replay of 2005. I imported PadreFans' PNC.PRK to Pittsburgh. Everything looked fine. I saved it to a new Park folder under PureSim Baseball 2007/Mods (the game's default). I then opened Padre's Bank One Ballpark. For whatever reason, it needed adjustments to ballflight paths. I saved it to Puresim/ Baseball 2007/Mods/Parks folder as well. I opened Bank One under Arizona front office and evrything was fine as saved. I created an Anaheim. Prk file and saved it while still in Arizona front office. After saving it, I reopened Bank One and ballflights changed! I kept cyling through these three stadiums and this seems to be the pattern. If I open the 2nd park (say Anaheim) in one team's front office (say Arizona), then go back to the original park (say Bank One), the ballflights are 'corrupted'. If I leave that team's front office (Arizona in this example) and come back in and open its ballpark (Bank One), the ballflights are fine again as originally saved. All I can conclude is that a second PRK file, opened from the same team's front office, tenporarily messes up the ballflights on the screen. By leaving and opening the PRK again (as if the first time) everything is fine, so evidently the ballflights are being 'saved' correctly in the PRK files. The problem occurs with the second opened file from the same team's front office. Since I was 'tweaking' files from the same team's front office in last night's Association (Brooklyn), I was repeatedly seeing different results on the screen. Therefore, this seems to be a 'false' alarm if one opens a 'saved' PRK configuration only one time from a team's front office. If a change is desired, one has to leave that team's front office, then come back in to get the correct results. I hope I have explained myself clearly. I will continue to build the 2005 Association and the Park folder. I will then use it with other Associations. At this point, I do not expect problems as long as I follow the above.

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 8
RE: Ballpark Settings - 5/24/2006 3:47:57 PM   
buccofan

Update

Everything works fine as long as I import only one time from each 'visit' to a team's front office. Thanks PadresFan and Amarog.

(in reply to buccofan)
Post #: 9
RE: Ballpark Settings - 5/24/2006 6:38:52 PM   
Amaroq

buccofan - that's a great bug, and your writeup should be quite sufficient for Shaun to reproduce it. Which may save some future fellow the same heart attack you must have had!

Thanks for taking the time to detail it.

(in reply to buccofan)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Ballpark Settings Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI