Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Association died in offseason...unattended mode

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Association died in offseason...unattended mode Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Association died in offseason...unattended mode - 5/27/2006 8:14:17 AM   
smc415

I started a 12 team association in 1900, and ran it through the 1914 season. I reviewed stats(everything looked good btw-- well tripples were a bit high, but I'm using a lot of HUGE parks), and then started it running again in unattended mode. When I returned the game had crashed. When I started it up, the game said there was no quick load association. I manually loaded the association and the associaiton came up claiming a date of 4 1 1917, and displayed historical stats through 1916. The odd thing... I cannot play a game nor even find the option to start an unattended session. I attempted to compact the association and got the error message

quote:

Puresim Baseball 2007 was unable to upgrade the association from version 0 to version 366 Detailed Error Desc: The Micorsolft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'Version'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

when loading the association now I see that it defaults to a psa_compact file rather than a psa file. When I manually select the .psa file I get the quoted error directly.
Post #: 1
RE: Association died in offseason...unattended mode - 5/27/2006 2:17:23 PM   
puresimmer

Sounds like it is corrupt. What I'd really like to know is what caused it to crash in the first place. This actually sounds like it crashed during the "compact data" phase during the off season. Make sure 1) You have plenty of disk space 2) Defragment your hard disk. Also, if you are using a virus scanner, you may want to see if it supports being configured to NOT scan files in the "PureSim 2007" folder. I've seen virus scanners and PureSim conflict given how disk intensive the game is. Typically this is not an issue with commonly used virus scanners, but I have seen it.

The good news is you should not be dead in the water as the game automatically creates backups each season. To revert to your latest back up:

1. From windows explorer browse to the "c:\Matrix Games\PureSim Baseball 2007\psa" folder.

2. Find the files that start with [your assn name].PSA and [your assn name].PSX

3. Delete those 2 files

4. Find the file with the newest date named [your assn name].PSA.Backup_*

5. Rename that file to be [your assn name].PSA

6. Find the file with the newest date named [your assn name].PSX.Backup_*

7. Rename that file to be [your assn name].PSX

At that point to can re-load the game and load your association. It will be at the most recent backup, which was hopefully not too long ago.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to smc415)
Post #: 2
RE: Association died in offseason...unattended mode - 5/27/2006 7:22:57 PM   
smc415

Thank You Shaun.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 3
RE: Association died in offseason...unattended mode - 5/29/2006 7:08:53 PM   
smc415

Oh and for what it's worth. a Badly fragmented disk seems to have been the issue.

(in reply to smc415)
Post #: 4
RE: Association died in offseason...unattended mode - 5/29/2006 7:21:12 PM   
smc415

Ooops well that didn't turn out to be the case. I just thought I had gotten further than previous attempts. Still the same problem, after the defrag. Got 7GB available as well.

(in reply to smc415)
Post #: 5
RE: Association died in offseason...unattended mode - 5/31/2006 2:36:35 AM   
puresimmer

Any idea when it's locking up?  It sounds environmental, but I don't want to rule out a bug in PureSim.  Can you zip up and send me a pristine copy of the association via www.sendthisfile.com?  I'll run it for a night and see if I encounter anything strange.

Send it to shaun@puresim.com

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to smc415)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Association died in offseason...unattended mode Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI