Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Beach23BoyP's PS 2007 Review

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Beach23BoyP's PS 2007 Review Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Beach23BoyP's PS 2007 Review - 5/29/2006 10:59:04 PM   
Beach23BoyP

This is going to be short and sweet (I think).  I finally got around to buying it yesterday.  The reason it took so long is simple -- I've been extremely busy with my work these past few months and I knew that besides playing it I would have to also adapt my "Sienna Skin" to it.  (BTW, I was suppose to beta test but I withdrew due to lack of time.)

OK, I gotta eat a bit of crow (a small baby crow).  The "animated ball flight is OK" "if" your are using a ball park jpg that covers most of the screen.  I still miss the lines a bit, but I'll get use to this without any problem.  Just like Shaun said I would.

I used my old 1951 real player12 team Western Baseball League start-up file (my own old template like psa) and PS2007 upgraded it.  I then let it run until opening day 1956 (I wanted to build some almanac history) and I got the absolute best stats ever straight out of the box (download).  I was amazed.  Only problem was I didn't see a 20 game winner (I had "closer" on -- I'll use a closer myself, so I don't want the AI to be at a disadvantage). 

I've always had the above problem in the past too.  I've tried to set the Hook Val in the XML but never was satisfied with the results.  I wish Hook Val was in the options as a user setting.  Anyway, I'm over all very happy with the stats it produced.  They are not perfect -- a bit on the offensive side, but that is the way I like it.

The browserable Almanac is beyond words.  It is exactly what I wanted.  Not filled with too much stuff (I could care less how Mantle batted against Shantz with 2 outs, with runners on first and third, in the 7th inning during the month of August in 1955), but just about the amount that you need and can absorb without going stir crazy.

My Sienna Skin is dead.  It is just too much trouble to adapt to PS2007.  Plus, I like what I've now done and it will be very easy for users to install.  It will be:

Beach23BoyP's Replacement PS 2007 Images and Interface Music

1) 17 images that can easily be installed in the image folder.
2) Three new interface songs to go with the old ones from my Sienna Skin.

As soon as I get the time I'll have my Pure Sim web page up and going again with the above files.  Plus, (maybe) a few more surprises.

Again, I've been with Shaun almost since day one and I've spent an "extensive amount of time" with that other BB sim (OO_P) and I must shout again from the highest roof top:

Pure Sim 2007 is tons of fun and great vehicle for relaxing after a long day's work!  His competitor's new version appears to be a "second job".  I, myself, wanta spent time with the wife, kids and dogs -- not working as a night time accountant.

Thanks again Shaun!   
Post #: 1
RE: Beach23BoyP's PS 2007 Review - 5/30/2006 5:52:03 AM   
MizzouRah_slith

Will be nice to see your additions!!  I loved the old BBPro 96 interface music.  :)

(in reply to Beach23BoyP)
Post #: 2
RE: Beach23BoyP's PS 2007 Review - 5/30/2006 6:21:31 AM   
Beach23BoyP

There are three more tunes coming.  However, the photos I'm using are all from my Sienna Skin -- I can't find any I like any better!  I've kept all of Shaun's buttons and that big green thing on the left of most screens.  I like it quite a bit.

I hope I can load everything up to my web page by this Thursday or so.  If not, I'll get it done by Saturday for sure (unless I have to go out of town!)

(in reply to MizzouRah_slith)
Post #: 3
RE: Beach23BoyP's PS 2007 Review - 5/30/2006 7:33:03 AM   
PadresFan104

BB -

Can I keep a copy of your files on my site as well?

Al

Post #: 4
RE: Beach23BoyP's PS 2007 Review - 5/30/2006 7:45:47 AM   
Beach23BoyP

Why sure!

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 5
RE: Beach23BoyP's PS 2007 Review - 5/31/2006 6:52:33 AM   
Beach23BoyP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beach23BoyP

OK, I gotta eat a bit of crow (a small baby crow).  The "animated ball flight is OK" "if" your are using a ball park jpg that covers most of the screen.  I still miss the lines a bit, but I'll get use to this without any problem.  Just like Shaun said I would.

I just wanted to make sure that nobody missed this.  I complained about the "animated ball flight" more than once.  So I'll eat crow more than once and I say I was mostly wrong (but I still miss the lines!)

Anyway, I do have some small minor problems with PS2007, but I'll wait a few days before I post them. 

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Beach23BoyP's PS 2007 Review Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI