Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Re-posting Some Unanswered Questions and Errors

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Re-posting Some Unanswered Questions and Errors Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Re-posting Some Unanswered Questions and Errors - 5/25/2006 12:25:20 AM   
dewelar2

I have gathered below a list of posts I've made which have gone unanswered in this forum. Attention to them would be much appreciated so that I might return to playing the game rather than sitting around waiting for replies. #4 is the major deal-breaker, as I spent about 3 days setting up the association in question and I'm not about to put that effort in again.

#1 (BUG): When importing real players for the association I'm currently creating, I generally am using lists of all players from a particular year. At first they come up in (seemingly) random order, and I then sort the players by name. When I switch to a new year, however, the players are again in random order -- and when I sort them by name again, they are now sorted in DESCENDING order. Very odd.

#2 (POSSIBLE BUG OR JUST AN ODDITY): When the game imports real players, the "% Complete" is always in the hundreds or thousands (even occasionally I'll see something like "13,271% Complete" when it gets to the end of the list of players).

#3 (QUERY): What, if any, kind of era adjustment does the game use? If I start a league in, say, 1910 (smack in the middle of the Dead Ball Era) and plunk 2001 Barry Bonds into the league, is he going to hit 70 homers, or is he going to hit something more reasonable for a league leader at the time (say 10-15), or somewhere in between? I'm just curious, so I know how to handle things for future associations. I will note for the record that when I imported Nap Lajoie into my 2006 association, his Power number is 20, so the era adjustment apparently doesn't work going in that direction.

4 (MAJOR PROBLEM): First, I set up a new association with the Multiplayer option, but then just before the draft I turned Multiplayer off. Once I did so, I discovered that I could no longer turn it on again. At that point, I let the draft run with all teams controlled by computer, then simulated spring training. OK so far. I then picked one team and assigned it to human management. Then came problem #2 -- once I started the season, I wasn't being offered the option to manage the games myself! This is, understandably, a HUGE problem. Please help me fix this!
Post #: 1
RE: Re-posting Some Unanswered Questions and Errors - 5/30/2006 5:30:47 PM   
dewelar2

Bump.

I've been sitting on my game for nearly two weeks now, waiting for responses to these, and this will be my third attempt to get them.

(in reply to dewelar2)
Post #: 2
RE: Re-posting Some Unanswered Questions and Errors - 5/31/2006 2:27:28 AM   
puresimmer

#1 - Looks like a bug, I'll check into it.

#2 - Same

#3 - No normalization at the player-level is currently done on import, but normalization at the season level is done.  That said, I am looking at normalization right now.

#4 - Multiplayer does not support managing games in the play by play mode -- I'll try what you said, as it should allow you to manage games if MP is off.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to dewelar2)
Post #: 3
RE: Re-posting Some Unanswered Questions and Errors - 5/31/2006 2:33:12 AM   
puresimmer

Hmm.  I just tried #4.

1. I created a multiplayer league (not using FTP)
2. Switched to non-mp
3. Drafted
4. Assigned a computer team to human-owned
5. I *was* able to manage that team's games moving forward.  Am I missing a step?

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 4
RE: Re-posting Some Unanswered Questions and Errors - 5/31/2006 10:30:29 PM   
dewelar2

Hmmm...not that I can tell, unless it has something to do with the players I imported or the way the league was set up.

The league has 4 9-team divisions and full minor leagues. I imported 38 players per team from various seasons, then had the computer create the rest of the players (I told it to focus on up-and-coming players to be assigned to the minors). Is there anything else you think might be germane? I'm at a loss.

< Message edited by dewelar2 -- 5/31/2006 10:34:44 PM >

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 5
RE: Re-posting Some Unanswered Questions and Errors - 6/1/2006 2:13:08 PM   
puresimmer

Ahhh, you are using sandbox mode. I'll try it in that mode.

(in reply to dewelar2)
Post #: 6
RE: Re-posting Some Unanswered Questions and Errors - 6/1/2006 2:23:30 PM   
puresimmer

OK, I just did this in sandbox mode and it worked. If you are still in multiplayer mode log in as the commish. Now, when you visit the options and utils dialog you will be able to make changes (e.g. take the game out of multiplayer mode). Now go to a team and assign it to human-owned, last exit and re-start the game. You should then be able to manage games for that team.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 7
RE: Re-posting Some Unanswered Questions and Errors - 6/1/2006 6:12:07 PM   
dewelar2

Hmmm...it seems to be working now. I wonder if it wasn't working previously because I never exited the game after switching the one team to human-owned before starting the season.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Re-posting Some Unanswered Questions and Errors Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI