Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Looking for feedbak on next update

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: Looking for feedbak on next update Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/1/2006 3:09:22 PM   
Big Dummie

The draft feature is much better, but playing historicaly, it still needs work. IE Willie Mays drafted in 51 by the Dodgers, many other players with long careers not drafted at all. What I would like to see, is before the draft, all free agents, amatuers ect. projected as to what teams are drafted them. That way, you could edit before the draft is finished. Some teams are drafting  my players before I have a turn. Sorry to ramble, nit picky for sure, this game is extremely deep.

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 61
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/2/2006 2:05:50 AM   
gipat

Shaun
I may be missing it but The Statistics should be able to be separated by league (AL-NL).
Intermixed stats are really meaningless.

(in reply to Big Dummie)
Post #: 62
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/2/2006 2:08:32 AM   
puresimmer

You can view fully separated and printable stats from the Almanac, which while isn't a perfect answer, at least gets you there.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to gipat)
Post #: 63
RE: Looking for feedback on next update - 6/2/2006 4:53:27 PM   
Walewander

I would really like to see the Almanac sortable by statistical category at the team register level. If I want to see the best ERAs in team history, I want to be able to click on ERA. If I want to see the best WHIP, I want to be able to do that.

Loving the game though...

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 64
RE: Looking for feedback on next update - 6/2/2006 5:00:46 PM   
domonas

I don't now if this has been mentioned or not, but when I start a replay historical sim, I would like the player's "real major league stats" to be put into their "career stats" tab.  This ensures that if I start a 2005 replay league, that Barry Bonds will have his real career HR totals so that he will make it to the HOF in my replay league.  Does this make sense or did I just confuse everyone?   And the ability to trade draft picks maybe.

(in reply to Walewander)
Post #: 65
RE: Looking for feedback on next update - 6/2/2006 10:42:46 PM   
spartacus007

I think I understand. Like it you started play in 2006, you could simulate Barry's chase of the HR record.

(in reply to domonas)
Post #: 66
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/2/2006 10:53:54 PM   
Nothingman

I agree with adding some flexibility to expansion.  I'd also like to see expansion happen naturally, as in controlled by the AI.  Along those some lines it would be nice to see teams move cities and change names once in a while as well.  Again, controlled by the AI.  This may be fairly difficult but it would be a nice addition at some point.

I would also like to see a couple of small things added.  The player ratings changes in the team report is very nice but I would love if you could add a little more detail.  Even just the positions would be enough really.  The other smaller thing I would like to see added is a notification when a player is healthy again.  Usually if a player is injured for 10 days or less I just bench them and check the keep this player benched option.  Unfortunately since there is no notification of when they are healthy again I sometimes forget and they sit for a few games.

(in reply to Pronk)
Post #: 67
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/2/2006 11:11:35 PM   
Amaroq

To clarify Nothingman's last point (notification of healthy) - I agree; that is true if you manage or watch every game in person. If you're simming multiple games at once, there's an option you can set to get a reminder when the player is eligible to come off the D.L., though even that isn't quite the same as 'tell me when he's healthy again'.

(in reply to Nothingman)
Post #: 68
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/3/2006 12:52:05 AM   
modred

Depending on what happens with your normalization work I think it would be cool to be able to import a real season's worth of players, have ps rate them, and then turn them into fictional players with no knowledge of what they actually did that season, just the ratings like other fictional leagues.

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 69
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/3/2006 1:01:59 AM   
Amaroq

modred - isn't that basically what happens now?

(in reply to modred)
Post #: 70
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/3/2006 1:31:40 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big Dummie

The draft feature is much better, but playing historicaly, it still needs work. IE Willie Mays drafted in 51 by the Dodgers, many other players with long careers not drafted at all. What I would like to see, is before the draft, all free agents, amatuers ect. projected as to what teams are drafted them. That way, you could edit before the draft is finished. Some teams are drafting  my players before I have a turn. Sorry to ramble, nit picky for sure, this game is extremely deep.

To me, even if starting with historical rosters for a given season, the future should be a blank slate. Shaun has already made some tweaks in "historical affinity", but it shouldn't be carried too far. I come from the school of thought that even the smallest alteration in the historical timeline can have tremendous effects.

As an example, just look what I've done with the 1946 Pirates in my "Golden Age Association". http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1147084&mpage=1&key=�

Yes, I DO want to rewrite history, but from a specific point of reference. I had earlier defined this as an exercise in "counterfactual" history, which is what wargamers thrive on. The counter-events are plausible, but not complete fantasy.

That's my personal preference, and PureSim provides a perfect template for doing this.

(in reply to Big Dummie)
Post #: 71
RE: Looking for feedback on next update - 6/3/2006 2:01:40 AM   
domonas

quote:

ORIGINAL: spartacus007

I think I understand. Like it you started play in 2006, you could simulate Barry's chase of the HR record.

Yeah, but regardless, Shawn posted in another thread that under the current format of the game, it's not possible.

(in reply to spartacus007)
Post #: 72
RE: Looking for feedback on next update - 6/3/2006 3:53:28 AM   
Steely Glint

I'd like to be able to create a fictional player when I am on the roster screen and have him automatically added to that team as a minor leaguer.

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

(in reply to domonas)
Post #: 73
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/3/2006 3:56:17 AM   
modred

quote:

ORIGINAL: Amaroq

modred - isn't that basically what happens now?

My understanding from previous posts from Shaun is that the underlying statistics have as much if not more effect than the ratings, e.g., I import a deadball player with and handful of homeruns and a power of 80 and put him in a league playing in 2000 he will still only hit a handful of homeruns. Maybe it has changed from 2005 to 2007. This would allow you to see what Ty Cobb would do in Coors.

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 74
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/3/2006 5:10:07 AM   
KG Erwin

Trades for amateur draft picks and/or for cash would be nice, but these are things which may be beyond an AI GM's capacity to evaluate. 

That being said, any enhancement towards  the  AI's ability is a plus.   To make an AI "smarter" without allowing it to cheat is the most difficult aspect of programming and requires the most intensive coding.  I took a couple of programming classes back in the 80s, so I partially know what i'm talking about.    

Pontificating again: the average gamer just doesn't know how difficult this is.   Big-name companies like Microsoft just let their AIs cheat, which is why games  like the Age of Empires series have all that extravagant eye-candy.   What Shaun has done is a MUCH more difficult task, and I admire him for doing it the "honest" way.   

(in reply to modred)
Post #: 75
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/3/2006 7:07:08 AM   
tbear2b

quote:

Big-name companies like Microsoft just let their AIs cheat

They also have dozens of full-time programmers working on one game at a time. That's more the reason, to me, that Shaun's work is so amazing.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 76
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/3/2006 4:06:19 PM   
jearly

Shaun
Again - I don't think it can be said enough - THANKS for your GREAT Game.
Most of what I would like has been mentioned already, but here is my 2 cents
- I would like a choice between choosing Animated ball flight, or the old colored lines for hits.(I liked this direct   
  approach - I manage most of my games - This is concise and expediates play.)
- I think if we have animated ball flight - it should also be animated to bases indicating where ball was thrown
- I would like the ability to have smaller rosters - I often see creating a historical league, and importing from
  Lahman - then roster is completed with fictional players. I'm not interested in the fictional players in a
  historical league.
- More runners scoring from 2nd on a hit, with 2 outs (Baserunning)
- More trade options.
- Option to include cash in trade deal.

Again thanks to listening to us !!

(in reply to orton1227)
Post #: 77
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/3/2006 4:25:20 PM   
redeck

Im sure this has been suggested, perhaps even fixed in 1.12 which i havent had a chance to check out, but I would like to be able to release a minor leaguer without opening his player card.

Also would like on the minor leaguers page, the players stats and ratings to have the slide out button that the majors page has so that all numbers can be seen from a particular group at one time rather than having to slip back and forth between playes names and players numbers. (confused?, I think i just got tongue tied typing that)

thanks,
Dave

(in reply to jearly)
Post #: 78
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/4/2006 6:03:55 AM   
jtfesta

Shaun,
I feel it is important to add normal baseball options, squeeze, suicide squeeze, double steal, etc. I agree that stats viewable by league (other that in almanac) would be great.

(in reply to redeck)
Post #: 79
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/4/2006 7:39:31 AM   
galaril

Has Shaun mentioned when the next official release, I guess, 1.13v will be out?

(in reply to jtfesta)
Post #: 80
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/4/2006 10:15:48 AM   
gibby290

Maybe this is too late, but I enjoy playing out my games as well. I would love to have a chart on each pitcher to say how many pitches he has thrown each day for the last 10 days. It helps me a lot more then just seeing 'feeling great'.

I.E.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 0 0 12 0 0 4 3 7 0 18

There are 10 types of people in the world; those who think in binary and those who don't

(in reply to galaril)
Post #: 81
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/4/2006 10:46:19 AM   
Tullius

1. I would like to have the option "continous play by play" when i am in the manager mode. So i do not have to click a button after every at bat and can take a corrective action when something goes wrong (substitution) or i have a better idea (like stealing now). I would describe this approach as "control and delegate (to the AI)". The advantage is you can do something around PS. When you have much more to do than playing PS but do not want sim the game/at bat and still want ingame experience this is a good compromise.

2. The minors are abstract. This is fine but i would like seeing at least a minor league standings even when the games are not simmed but this of the little things adding something special to the overall experience. My next wish will create provisoses - but i like a 100 men organization - at least as option.

(in reply to gibby290)
Post #: 82
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/4/2006 4:58:09 PM   
galaril

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tullius

1. I would like to have the option "continous play by play" when i am in the manager mode. So i do not have to click a button after every at bat and can take a corrective action when something goes wrong (substitution) or i have a better idea (like stealing now). I would describe this approach as "control and delegate (to the AI)". The advantage is you can do something around PS. When you have much more to do than playing PS but do not want sim the game/at bat and still want ingame experience this is a good compromise.

2. The minors are abstract. This is fine but i would like seeing at least a minor league standings even when the games are not simmed but this of the little things adding something special to the overall experience. My next wish will create provisoses - but i like a 100 men organization - at least as option.

Good Suggestions! I especially like the second one. The minors do feel very artificial as they are now. First got to have a 75 man option so we can at least mimic AAA and AA. Having a standings and playoff game stats/ scores would be good too. Right now i have no emotional connection any of the good minor leaguers. Shaun, your a fellow Sox fan and where would we be without Jon Lester, now traded Hanley Ramirez, and Craig Hansen. I am very happy with the game stats and in game play now overall but the lack of any substantive connection to your players in the minors is a hit.

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 83
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/4/2006 6:14:10 PM   
Beach23BoyP

I've always want a "players comparison" screen.  Then you could compare one player to other with both their rating and stats on the screen at the same time. 

(in reply to galaril)
Post #: 84
RE: Looking for feedbak on next update - 6/4/2006 7:25:11 PM   
JimboJ

I would like to be able to see a pitcher's pitch count over the last few games.  This would be helpful in trying to balance the load on my relief pitchers when deciding which pitcher to bring into a game.

(in reply to Pronk)
Post #: 85
RE: Looking for feedback on next update - 6/4/2006 11:49:34 PM   
tbear2b

I know you have added some areas to the almanac already, but I was wondering how much more space would be used if splits were kept over a career and added to the almanac and player cards?

I know it's not really that useful in terms of figuring out whether you should play a guy during the year you are in, but I'm a stats geek and I'm assuming it wouldn't be that difficult to implement. I'd be more worried about the possible space taken up, than the usefulness of it during day-to-day management.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 86
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: Looking for feedbak on next update Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI