Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New BETA Patch 1.14

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> New BETA Patch 1.14 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/4/2006 8:51:18 PM   
puresimmer

As always with BETA patches, use at you're own risk, this is not an official release yet, and given the amount of changes I have made with the injury modeling, you may want to mess around with a throwaway league at first. Not because it isn't stable -- it's rock solid. I just think we'll want to see what the PureSim community thinks of the new injury model and tweak appropriately before issuing an official patch.

http://www.psmultiplayer.150m.com/PureSim2007-SetupRelease-v114_Beta_Patch.exe (27mb)

Here is the change log since the 1.10 official patch:
=================================

=== 1.14 Beta Changes ===

- Fix: If the pitcher was injured while batting in a game that the user was managing, then the game would correctly prompt to replace him, however no matter what the user did PureSim would not accept the replacement, so the user would be locked on the lineup dialog with no way out except terminating the game via end task or CTRL-ALT-DEL.

- New: Added "View Card" link to player almanac page, which allows the player card to be viewed from the player's almanac page.

- New: Added "Transactions" section to season almanac page

- BIG Tweak: Injury severity/healing duration variation greatly increased. You'll see a greater number of significant injuries and a wider range of severity in general. Estimated days until return is now more accurate as well. Note, if you play an injured guy they heal more slowly, players on the DL heal the fastest (even over players on the bench but not the DL)

- BIG Tweak: Injuries can now span seasons. For example, its possible for a player to get an injury that requires almost a full year to heal.

=== 1.13 beta changes ===

- BIG Tweak: Greatly improved time period specific pitcher usage, leading to more complete games, IP etc in eras where it was all about the starter. A lot of this revolved around an AI that was just too aggressive with the pinch hitter usage in the early years of baseball, where in fact this was VERY rare.

- BIG Tweak: No longer imposing restrictions on the number of pitchers a team must carry on the major league roster. The AI is also cognizant of this, and based on the time period it will carry an appropriate number of pitchers (e.g. in 1901 it may carry a total of 7 with 4 starters and no closer)

- Tweak: The pre-game lineup screen shows the players names color-coded based on their fatigue level

- Tweak: On PSPNCast the team info windows are always hidden when the graphical ball flight animation is playing. This can help with some ball park photos that don't match the layout of the one that ships with the game (note in a previous beta I was hiding the scoreboard as well, but decided to put that back...)

=== 1.12 beta changes ===

- New: The AI now dynamically adjusts it's GM/Managerial tendencies based on the team's charateristoics

- Tweak: On the "Import Real Players" screen the previous default sort order was AB, now it is always alphabetical

- Speed: No longer doing unnecessary compact of the secondary (.psx) database in the off season. When association files got up over 1gb this was taking an exceedingly long time and providing little benefit. Basically after 50 or so years of history in larger associations, this would bring the off season to a crawl. Note, the primary (.psa) association file *is* still being compacted, and that is very important.

- New: Added SAC Bunt frequency managerial tendency

- New: Press ANY key during animated ball flight to skip the rest of the animation sequence.

- New: Added [x] Disable Ambient Sounds option to the PSPNCast "Play Options" dialog.

- Fix: Greatly reduced chance a runner will score when attempting to steal home.

- Fix: When managing a game, if the user clicked "OF Depth" as opposed to pressing the "O" key, instead of toggling the outfield depth PureSim would start the play. No click works just like pressing "O" works, it toggles through the outfield depth options with each click.

- Fix: SLG was wrong in some cases on the splits tab on the player card.

- Fix: Very Rare "Error 3022" When Building almanac, along with some additional robustness improvements in that area

- Fix: If the user viewed splits for a player, then clicked the "next" link to move to another player, then the splits would not be displayed for the next player if the user attempted to view them

- Fix: PSPNCast was sometimes showing the on field message in "red" when the play result was a base hit or home run.

- Fix: In some cases the tooltip for the fielders on the defensive team was showing their offensive ratings as opposed to their defensive ones

- New: Now have ability to have bullpens without closers. PureSim's AI is cognizant of this as well. This feature is setup when you start the association. It is typically used to better simulate eras in history where the closer was not employed in the pen. Note, as your association transitions into the modern era PureSim will prompt you to see if you'd like to transition to using the closer.

- Tweak: Multiple improvements to ball flight trajectories on PSPNCast

- Tweak: Added warning message that lets user know that they are using a non-standard ball park image, and that in-game ball flight animation will suffer horrible performance. Note, park images should be 1024x768

- Tweak: When playing in unattended auto play mode the "Please Wait" dialog has been moved down the screen and made more translucent so the standings are clearly visible at all times.

- Tweak: No longer allowing user to import a park photo unless it is a 1024x768 .jpg file

- Cosmetic: Alignement of "Hall of Fame Member" text on player card was off a bit

- New: Player Affinity mode - If you choose this option (only avail for historical / real players association) the following will happen:

1. Teams will be highly likely to try and keep their makeup similar to what it was in real life, so if a player's contract is expiring in 1957, but he actually played with that team through 1960 in real life, then there is a high probability the team will offer an extension, and a high probability he will accept.

2. There is a very high probability that teams will sign rookies based on when they
appeared on that team in real life. For example I just played an association through the early 80's into the 90's and it was cool to see Griffey Junior show up on the M's and to see all the young talent come streaming into Cleveland as they went through that amazing build...

The net result is if you are looking for career play that retains a lot of flavor from reality even as the career progresses, this is a fun option. Note it is not 100% as there are tons of other issues in the mix with finances, trading etc. Still that actually keeps it fun.

- Tweak: Starter endurance, usage and number of complete games is now more greatly influenced by the time period being simulated (e.g. you'll see more complete games back in the early years of Baseball)

Developer, PureSim Baseball
Post #: 1
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/4/2006 9:25:39 PM   
henry296

Thanks Shaun,

I took one of my MLB test leagues and simmed one month unattended and looked at the injury list. It appears to be very good and even saw a player out for 7 months with a wrist injury. There were another 4 that were still out for at least a month.

Initial reaction is positive to the injury model.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 2
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/4/2006 11:38:01 PM   
Pronk

I am excited to see the new injury model

(in reply to henry296)
Post #: 3
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/4/2006 11:45:57 PM   
JudgeDredd

Excellent work, Shaun.

May I ask for a "wee" addition before you go proper with the 1.14? When you are on the Games screen and you simulate a day, week, month or whatever, it takes you to the Standings screen whilst it simulates, then takes you back to the Games screen.

In my view, it would make more sense to stay on the Standings screen...because that is the first place I go to after simulating the rest of the day. So I manage my game, then I simulate the rest of the day and I get taken to the Standings screen....but after simulating is over, you are taken back to the Games screen...I end up going back to the Standings screen anyway, to see how the results of that week affect my teams standing.

I am requesting this because it makes sense to me...but other people may think differently...so maybe if other people want to pipe up and stake their thoughts.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to Pronk)
Post #: 4
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/4/2006 11:51:15 PM   
tbear2b

I'm with you on that Judge. I'm not sure what other people do after simming, but that's certainly what I do, and I would prefer it to just stay on the standings screen.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 5
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/5/2006 1:20:22 AM   
gibby290

SInce upgrading to 1.14...I am running a fast simulation with a replay league. I receive this error each season between Aug 30th and Sep 3rd:

Assertion Failed: CAutoPlayer::simOneGame error in CAutoPlayer::SimOneGame - Invalid procedure call or argument.

If I exit and restart my sim, it works again until the next season around the same time.

There are 10 types of people in the world; those who think in binary and those who don't

(in reply to tbear2b)
Post #: 6
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/5/2006 3:57:47 AM   
Amaroq

Judge - I'm in favor of your proposal. The spot it makes the least sense, I think, is for the player who is managing each game and clicks 'Simulate One Day', and would have to click "Control-G" (keyboard shortcut for the 'games' screen) to get back over to simulate the next day - but I've been managing every game, and I go to the standings screen after just about every day, so I don't think it would be a bad thing.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 7
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/5/2006 4:43:24 AM   
Big Dummie

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but never had a problem with 05, 07. downloaded 1.14 game freezes up as I try to play a game and the music hangs up. Hope I can load up the the patch 1.10. Thanks

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 8
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/5/2006 5:03:36 AM   
Big Dummie

Reloaded 1.14, same crashing results. Reapplied 1.12, everything is back to normal

(in reply to Big Dummie)
Post #: 9
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/5/2006 12:15:25 PM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Amaroq

...The spot it makes the least sense, I think, is for the player who is managing each game and clicks 'Simulate One Day', and would have to click "Control-G" (keyboard shortcut for the 'games' screen) to get back over to simulate the next day - but I've been managing every game, and I go to the standings screen after just about every day, so I don't think it would be a bad thing.

I manage every game also Amaroq...and when I manage my game and simulate the rest of the day, I do the same as you...I go straight back to the Standings to see if my position has changed...which is why I suggested it 'cos I'm always having to click the Standings button again.

Still...it isn't a show stopper and there may be some people who like it the way it is...

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 10
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/5/2006 1:52:23 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big Dummie

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but never had a problem with 05, 07. downloaded 1.14 game freezes up as I try to play a game and the music hangs up. Hope I can load up the the patch 1.10. Thanks

Hmm. I made no changes in that part of the game. Is anyone else having this issue? I need to figure out if it is environmental.

(in reply to Big Dummie)
Post #: 11
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/5/2006 3:33:00 PM   
bosunmate

I,m not seeing the view player card in the almanac Shaun, Thanks

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 12
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/5/2006 3:52:24 PM   
VanScoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big Dummie

Hmm. I made no changes in that part of the game. Is anyone else having this issue? I need to figure out if it is environmental.

No issues here Shaun.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 13
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/5/2006 3:53:57 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bosunmate

It should be right under the player's photo. Are you viewing the Almanac from within the game?

(in reply to bosunmate)
Post #: 14
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/5/2006 4:23:17 PM   
bosunmate

Yes Shaun I have not been able to find View player card anywhere.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 15
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/5/2006 5:22:58 PM   
JimboJ

I vote for staying on the standings screen after simulating.

(in reply to bosunmate)
Post #: 16
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/5/2006 6:49:49 PM   
gibby290

quote:

SInce upgrading to 1.14...I am running a fast simulation with a replay league. I receive this error each season between Aug 30th and Sep 3rd:

Assertion Failed: CAutoPlayer::simOneGame error in CAutoPlayer::SimOneGame - Invalid procedure call or argument.

If I exit and restart my sim, it works again until the next season around the same time.

Have you looked at this, Shaun? It really is killing my sims.

(in reply to gibby290)
Post #: 17
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/5/2006 8:09:54 PM   
dickysty

quote:

Update the almanac, it should work.

(in reply to bosunmate)
Post #: 18
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/5/2006 8:54:34 PM   
bosunmate

quote:

ORIGINAL: dickysty

quote:

Update the almanac, it should work.

Thanks it is working now, great addition Shaun.

(in reply to dickysty)
Post #: 19
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/5/2006 9:58:51 PM   
Cringer

Just want to say that the beta patches have been great. Love getting them. I have tried OOTP a couple times in the past and could just never really get into it. I thought maybe I wasn't a baseball sim guy. Well, my first try of PureSim has made me a big fan. Loving the game and the support.

(in reply to bosunmate)
Post #: 20
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/5/2006 11:58:45 PM   
AngryTree

With 1.14 Beta, on the PSPNCast screen where the lineups are shown and color-coded to show the conditions of players, the away team players have the same colors shown as the home team's players, no matter what their condition is (if the #1 hitter on the home team is Fair, the #1 hitter on the away team shows up as teal even if he is Feeling Great).

(in reply to Cringer)
Post #: 21
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/6/2006 1:25:09 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: AngryTree

With 1.14 Beta, on the PSPNCast screen where the lineups are shown and color-coded to show the conditions of players, the away team players have the same colors shown as the home team's players, no matter what their condition is (if the #1 hitter on the home team is Fair, the #1 hitter on the away team shows up as teal even if he is Feeling Great).

Yep, it was a bug in beta 1.14, I just fixed it and it will be in the next beta.

(in reply to AngryTree)
Post #: 22
RE: New BETA Patch 1.14 - 6/6/2006 1:27:22 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: gibby290

Thanks for the report! I just tracked this one down and fixed it. For those who are curious, it was crashing when a player sustained a career ending injury. The fact that you were seeing it between 8/30 and 9/3 was pure coincidence. Thanks again for catching this, the fix will be in the next patch. (Coming today I hope)

(in reply to gibby290)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> New BETA Patch 1.14 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI