Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

So now what?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> So now what? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
So now what? - 7/17/2000 12:51:00 PM   
Desert Fox

Well seeing all this stuff about version 3 coming out soon, I am reminded that the original plan was to only patch to version 3 and then move on to paying products. I assume you will fix any bugs that were created in v3, just like you did with v2 bugs. But what about after that? Are we going to possibly see an additional feature patch or will you folks finally move on to making paying games? I hope that one of the things you do for these new games is to create a whole new engine. I know, hard backbreaking work. But lets face it, the SP engine is very much out of date, and SPWAW is definitely an honorable end to this engine, even if there is probably more brand new code than original code by now. I know that you have very talented folks working at Matrix, and I am sure that you guys can make a wargaming engine that takes wargaming into the 21st century. I don't know what you guys have planned, but I hope you will let some of your ideas out of the vault so that we, the players, can have some input and make suggestions, just as has been going on with SPWAW.

Post #: 1
- 7/17/2000 3:04:00 PM   
slehtine

I hope that v3 would be the last patch. You've done more than enough for free. And, like Desert Fox said, it is time to bring wargaming to 21st century.

(in reply to Desert Fox)
Post #: 2
- 7/17/2000 9:06:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Version 3 and a bug fix will likely be it for SP:WaW for a while. We are making good use of this opportunity to get our internal act together and gauge the priorites and time constraints for our efforts. You can see that we have paired down our efforts to what we think are the most popular items. If something you were interested in has "gone away" it has not necesarily vanished forever, just gone "off the radar screen" for the time being. Most will return at some point. We also have some new stuff brewing in the "skunk works" :-) So expect to see Version 3 in a couple of weeks and a patch to things we missed a month or so after that (may be a predominantly OOB oriented patch we hope:-) That will likely be the end of SP:WaW WWII era efforts this year. We will have some info about what is going on with SP:The Nam soon. We are using SPWaW ver 3 to test the new "infrastructure" we are working on to support our future efforts and ehance the "community" aspect of wargaming! Having played several games of SP:WaW online with Roger Wilco support it is amazing how much more like old Face to Face gaming it is! We want to get the major wrinkles out of this before we have to deal with "paying customers" - sort of walk before we run. This is taking longer than we first anticipated, but our commitment is strong and our foundation becming more solid each day. So have patience, like all good things it takes some time! But you ain't seen nothing yet - stay tuned :-)

(in reply to Desert Fox)
Post #: 3
- 7/17/2000 10:34:00 PM   
Wild Bill

This is not the ending of our efforts. The work on SPWAW has to end sometime. It could conceivably go on forever. There are new challenges ahead and we hope to respond to them. Its the end of a chapter, not the book. Keep reading. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Desert Fox)
Post #: 4
- 7/18/2000 3:02:00 AM   
Don

Paul and Bill, you guys are amazing! It is SO exciting to think of what is to come in the future after the terrific experiences of SPWaW. Thank you, guys, for EVERYTHING! Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Desert Fox)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> So now what? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI