Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I Have Two New Maps For Download

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> I Have Two New Maps For Download Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I Have Two New Maps For Download - 7/17/2000 2:19:00 PM   
Tankhead

Hello Troopers ! Have receive two new maps from Don. They are very well done, a perfect addition to your map collection. Canal and D-Day Dash. Great for PBEM or to create your own battles. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://sites.netscape.net/rcclout

Tankhead

Post #: 1
- 7/18/2000 9:03:00 AM   
Don

Thanks alot, Tank! For all you gamers: Take all you want, we'll make more! There will be more soon, with "Canal Map with damage" and "Bridges in Winter". That last one has 14 bridges! Don [This message has been edited by Don (edited July 17, 2000).] [This message has been edited by Don (edited July 18, 2000).]

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 2
- 7/18/2000 9:32:00 AM   
Drake666

Good to see other people working on maps for people to use

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 3
- 7/18/2000 10:28:00 AM   
Tankhead

quote:

Originally posted by Don: Thanks alot, Tank!
You are very welcome Don, anytime Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://sites.netscape.net/rcclout

Tankhead

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 4
- 7/18/2000 8:09:00 PM   
PR^Spanjab

Nice one! I'll download those when I get home. Do you tend to do an associated empty scenario to go with the maps? I have found that is the only way it will allow you to place the victory hexes and deployment lines exactly where you want them! I have done a nice map of a town designed as a meeting engagement, the victory hex locations make the world of difference to how the map is played and what forces are effective. ie heavy tanks aren't much use if the victory is solely dependant on locations in the town, but if I make key hills and farms outside the town valuable then they can be useful. I remember there was a possibility of a non-scenario map site being set up by Wild Bill and SpunkGibbon, I don't know if that is going ahead. If anyone wants my map please shout! One more thing I have been considering. My map has the town in the centre, it would make a great assault map if it were possible for the attacking player to deploy outside a circle around the town instead of at one side, I don't suppose this kind of deployment is possible to implement in a future patch? Cheers, top game all involved! Spanjab

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 5
- 7/18/2000 10:36:00 PM   
Tankhead

quote:

Originally posted by PR^Spanjab: Nice one! I'll download those when I get home. Do you tend to do an associated empty scenario to go with the maps? I have found that is the only way it will allow you to place the victory hexes and deployment lines exactly where you want them! I have done a nice map of a town designed as a meeting engagement, the victory hex locations make the world of difference to how the map is played and what forces are effective. ie heavy tanks aren't much use if the victory is solely dependant on locations in the town, but if I make key hills and farms outside the town valuable then they can be useful. I remember there was a possibility of a non-scenario map site being set up by Wild Bill and SpunkGibbon, I don't know if that is going ahead. If anyone wants my map please shout! One more thing I have been considering. My map has the town in the centre, it would make a great assault map if it were possible for the attacking player to deploy outside a circle around the town instead of at one side, I don't suppose this kind of deployment is possible to implement in a future patch? Cheers, top game all involved! Spanjab
Hello Spanjab Glad you will download the maps. Has for your questions, Wild Bill or Don could answer those questions better than I can. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://sites.netscape.net/rcclout

Tankhead

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 6
- 7/19/2000 4:17:00 AM   
Tombstone

I made a map that covers the area around mikhailovka on the Psel river. It's 100x140 and it's relativly accurate, I think. Should I give it to someone?? Tomo

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 7
- 7/19/2000 5:49:00 AM   
Tankhead

quote:

Originally posted by Tombstone: I made a map that covers the area around mikhailovka on the Psel river. It's 100x140 and it's relativly accurate, I think. Should I give it to someone?? Tomo
Hi Tomo ! Yes send it to me and i will posted on my website on the maps page. There is 24 maps to date. I'm in turn 15 of your monster scenario The maps is cover with wrecks and shell holes, pretty good so far but brutal, the soviets tanks are coming out for the last 5 turn it seem there is no end to those nasty tank. I capture 5 objective so far. Will let you know are the rest goes. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://sites.netscape.net/rcclout

Tankhead

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 8
- 7/19/2000 8:21:00 AM   
Don

Hi Spanjab! My first scenario will probably be posted today, so I am not an expert on these things. I don't know what you mean by "empty scenario". I am interested in learning all these things so my maps will be as useful as possible! Also, if you gamers download a map of mine and would like to see something added (or removed) , let me know and I'll modify it to fit your needs. Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 9
- 7/19/2000 11:15:00 AM   
Don

Spanjab - I talked to Wild Bill and he didn't know what a "empty scenario" was either. If you take a map, load it in the editor, then pick your countries, forces, and deploy them you shouldn't have any problem. You should be able to set your deploy lines and victory hexes just like any other battle. And you can save the whole thing as a scenario, leaving the map to use another time! Hope this helps! Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 10
- 7/19/2000 4:10:00 PM   
PR^Spanjab

Hi, I don't tend to play scenarios or the campaigns against the AI as I find them to be too predictable and victories or defeats too hollow. When I make a map I only want to use it for a generated PBEM game where both sides get to buy their own forces designed to be effective on the map. The only way I have found to place the deployment lines and victory hexes where I want them is to make a scenario where you can place the victory hexes and deployment where you want but you don't need to buy any forces for each side as this 'empty' scenario is just there to place the lines and victory hexes. To use it you must load in the scenario as if to play it, exit then start a generated battle on the same map. This usually carries over the deployment etc from the scenario instead of placing the 5 groups of victory hexes and the far too close together front lines. I have no idea if that makes any sense at all, if you play many PBEM games I am sure it will! Spanjab

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 11
- 7/21/2000 12:32:00 AM   
Tombstone

Tankhead, very cool! I think that what I have there is 'about' what happened. I have a feeling that the Russians weren't quite as organized that day. It also puts a lot of head on SST. But hey, it adds challenge to player. It's certainly intended as a scenario for advanced players. Email me suggestions... also, since you have the scenario I guess you could just load it up in the editor and save off the map. Also, I really liked Don's scenario. Tomo(I'll try and send it anyways)

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 12
- 7/21/2000 2:28:00 AM   
Tankhead

I started Don's scenario last night, yep pretty He done a good job on is first scenario. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://sites.netscape.net/rcclout

Tankhead

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 13
- 7/21/2000 4:28:00 AM   
Don

Tomo and Tankhead, Thanks alot for your comments on my scenario, I really appreciate it. When I saw the new topic "Senseless Scenario", guess who I thought it was gonna be aimed at? Whew! Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 14
- 7/21/2000 6:31:00 AM   
Tombstone

Hilarious. Dont get me wrong Don. It's a difficult scenario. I can see some people getting frustrated (especially if an unlucky number of tanks get mired). You could always have reinforcements come later in the scenario and say that in order to get a real victory that you have to secure the objectives before they arrive. Who knows. I think that the scenario editor should allow for messages on various turns... right now I'm resorting to naming reinforcements with info. Tomo

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 15
- 7/21/2000 7:07:00 AM   
Don

Tomo - I decided it wasn't fair to the Brit player to lose 3 or 4 vehicles, so in the final version I removed some mud and made a couple of paths to "show the way". I also moved that AT gun like we talked about - works great! Thanks for the suggestions. Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 16
- 7/21/2000 1:44:00 PM   
Tombstone

My biggest problem is knowing when enough is enough. I start on the SPWAW scenario, next thing you know I'm making a TOAW scenario. I finally played all the way through my damn scenario. Maybe there are too many enemy tanks. Tomo

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 17
- 7/21/2000 2:31:00 PM   
Tankhead

quote:

Originally posted by Tombstone: I finally played all the way through my damn scenario. Maybe there are too many enemy tanks. Tomo
Hey Tomo are you talking about the same scenario I'm testing for you. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://sites.netscape.net/rcclout

Tankhead

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 18
- 7/22/2000 12:01:00 AM   
Tombstone

Yah. I also modified the area south of mikhailovka to alleviate the retardation that occurs there. I'm thinking I should trade some of those tanks in for more infantry... And, for the most part, my tanks are out of ammo. It was quite an exhausting fight. The scenario is supposed to model the transistion from offensive to defensive that the SS Panzer corps had to go through at the tail end of the op citadel. I was reading a book (something by Glantz) that had some really good detailed maps of the areas and which units were where etc. Do you think that the Russians have too much arty? Tomo

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 19
- 7/22/2000 4:51:00 AM   
Tankhead

You problably can ease up on the Russian arty a bit. Has for trading some tanks for more infantry it could help a bit. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://sites.netscape.net/rcclout

Tankhead

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> I Have Two New Maps For Download Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI